Using the Phrase "Too Gay" Harms the Gay Community

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Using the Phrase "Too Gay" Harms the Gay Community

Postby lizg » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Agree with you 100% on this. It always appears to be straight, middle-class liberals who take it apon themselves to be offended on the behalf of gay people. Quite ridiculous.

No, not a liberal at all.
I used to call myself a conservative until I noticed social conservatives spend way too much time telling others how to live their lives.
I'd call myself libertarian, which means get the government out of our lives as much as possible- opposite of liberal- at least that's how the terms are used in the states.
Social Conservatives are the social "do-gooders" who think they know better than others how they should live their lives.
I hate politics and the games that go on and pay little attention to it until it's voting time and try to inform myself on issues that concern me. Bigotry always concerns me because it's never isolated, as noted in the poem above.

lizg
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:02 pm

WeeMann wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Can honestly say, the best nights out in my life have been with my gay friends - never a dull night, and always loaded with witty conversation, wicked jokes, and some of the best put-downs and ripostes I have ever heard. :)

A night out with Loretta's not like that. He scares me because he's too gay.

Ha ha. :lol: He sounds fun. I know a couple of fella's like that - always an interesting night out!

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:22 pm

lizg wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Agree with you 100% on this. It always appears to be straight, middle-class liberals who take it apon themselves to be offended on the behalf of gay people. Quite ridiculous.

I used to call myself a conservative until I noticed social conservatives spend way too much time telling others how to live their lives.
I'd call myself libertarian, which means get the government out of our lives as much as possible- opposite of liberal- at least that's how the terms are used in the states.
Social Conservatives are the social "do-gooders" who think they know better than others how they should live their lives.
I hate politics and the games that go on and pay little attention to it until it's voting time and try to inform myself on issues that concern me. Bigotry always concerns me because it's never isolated, as noted in the poem above.

Was not referring to you actually.

We call them 'lefties' over here - and they're always interfering in people's lives.

And, what poem?!

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby lizg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:24 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
lizg wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

Was not referring to you actually.

We call them 'lefties' over here - and they're always interfering in people's lives.

And, what poem?!

Social conservatives don't interfere in peoples' lives too there?

the poem... well it's kind of a poem:
First they came for the communists, and I did notspeak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.
~Martin Niemoller

lizg
Spread Your Wings

Postby Eli » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 am

How the fuck is a jacket "gay"?

Eli
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Views Of The World