The Julian Assange thriller

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The Julian Assange thriller

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Elessar wrote:
Belle Leisha wrote:Galloway, christ how embarrassing. Has he actually gone completely mad then?

He's always been a little bit mad, to be fair. As a rule of thumb, if you find yourself disagreeing with Christopher Hitchens, you're wrong. That also works if you replace the word 'Christopher' with 'Peter', and 'wrong' with 'right'.

He's not mad, he's an attention seeking fool. He's an MP of a massively marginalised party, he knew the reaction his comments were going to get and he'd rather be controversial and talked about than just do his job. Idiot.

Hah, true of Peter, not of Christopher. :P
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby LittleBabyNothing » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:49 pm

I've just heard the news on the radio... Apparently Sweden promised not to hand Assange over to the US, if he indeed is facing death penalty there. They want the US to guarantee that Assange won't wind up on death row. Apparently, the US haven't asked either Sweden or Britain to extradite Assange.

Can't find this anywhere in ENglish, but it's all over German newssites!
“Why can’t I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is more becoming?” - Sylvia Plath.

LittleBabyNothing
We Will Rock You

Postby Zappanalé » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Apparently Sweden promised not to hand Assange over to the US, if he indeed is facing death penalty there

Nothing new, given that's not just Sweden promising, but is the law through the entire Council of Europe, and has been for some time.

Zappanalé
We Will Rock You

Postby lord of all darkness » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:28 am

It really is quite simple, if there was no rape. Then Assange has nothing to worry about. The US government has the guy who leaked the documents in the first place. End of the day rape is a very serious matter. No one here knows what happened, only a court of law can find that truth.

I find Lino's attitude offensive, makes it sound that Assange cant do any wrong. The girls are stooges of the US. I hope you never get raped LINO!
BAN them!

lord of all darkness
We Will Rock You

You are a pussy! I said show me your war face!

Previous

Return to Views Of The World