Brian May told to butt out of the badger battle

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Brian May told to butt out of the badger battle

Postby WeeMann » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Image

Brian shot first.

[/geekjoke]
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby FreddiesShootingStar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:23 am

Being from Canada, I couldn't sign the petition but thank you to all that have!! :)
*LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2010/Co-winner 2011/2012*

FreddiesShootingStar
Don't Stop Me Now

*Guaranteed to blow your mind!!*

Postby queenb1656 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Like Paul McCartney, Brian keeps sticking his oar in, over anything and everything, trying to remain in the limelight.

Let it go Bri....

queenb1656
Spread Your Wings

Postby Champs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Good for Brian getting involved. Anyone catch him on the Alan Titchmarsh Show today. Stood his ground well against that irate farmer. Calm and dignified despite being called a liar to his face. For that alone, I've signed the petition.
YES INDEED!

Champs
We Will Rock You

Grumbling

Postby FreddiesShootingStar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Champs wrote:Good for Brian getting involved. Anyone catch him on the Alan Titchmarsh Show today. Stood his ground well against that irate farmer. Calm and dignified despite being called a liar to his face. For that alone, I've signed the petition.

*LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2010/Co-winner 2011/2012*

FreddiesShootingStar
Don't Stop Me Now

*Guaranteed to blow your mind!!*

Postby Bijou » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 am

What a ghastly little man that Pullen is. How can there be too many badgers for God sake?

Bijou
We Will Rock You

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 pm

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2012/10/07/video-5-000-protesters-march-in-birmingham-against-austerity-as-conservative-conference-starts-97319-31984788/

^ I was at this earlier, and noticed a tiny group of folks standing in the middle of the demo with Save Me posters and what looked like a stuffed toy badger on a pole. Guess the message is getting across. :P
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby Starship Trooper » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:54 am

Starship Trooper

Postby Elessar » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:00 pm

The Daily Mail advocating vaccination? Whatever next!

If it happens, I guarantee that within ten years, something (foot and mouth disease, vCJD, autistic cows) will be blamed on it.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Let's hope it happens. I play a drinking game now when I visit Brian's Site. If he mentions 'bovine TB', I drink half a pint of lager, if he says 'vaccination' it's a full pint. 'Kerry Ellis' gets a glass of wine, with 'Victorian stereo pictures' getting two glasses. If he mentions 'Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud' well that's a full three glasses of wine and two pints of lager, not because of my game, but because I have lost the will to live.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby TheHero » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm

fairydandy wrote:

Let's hope it happens. I play a drinking game now when I visit Brian's Site. If he mentions 'bovine TB', I drink half a pint of lager, if he says 'vaccination' it's a full pint. 'Kerry Ellis' gets a glass of wine, with 'Victorian stereo pictures' getting two glasses. If he mentions 'Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud' well that's a full three glasses of wine and two pints of lager, not because of my game, but because I have lost the will to live.

Brian is doing a great job for animals, but I must admit I miss the guitarist Brian May. But then again I think that maybe Brian wants to use his fame doing something good for the World instead of just being a C-lebrity ;)

I don`t blame him for that.. but again, I miss the guitarist. Wish he focused a little bit more on being a serious solo artist, like when he did the Back To The Light and Another World albums.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Belle Leisha » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 pm

If he had started the whole animal thing, then stopped when it became boring, I would have considered him the biggest hypocrite imaginable. I want him to do music again, but I'm glad it wasn't just a passing usual celebrity image behind a fleeting cause.

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:If he had started the whole animal thing, then stopped when it became boring, I would have considered him the biggest hypocrite imaginable. I want him to do music again, but I'm glad it wasn't just a passing usual celebrity image behind a fleeting cause.

Yes, but the again.. don`t you think he could use the music to reach the people ? He could write lyrics, make songs about the state of the World.. in addition to lots of wonderful guitar. I feel he has lost the will to write solo work... or he has no time for it.. he wants to do so many things. Thats ok, but I miss the days when he was serious about his solo work..

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Belle Leisha » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:50 pm

TheHero wrote:
Belle Leisha wrote:If he had started the whole animal thing, then stopped when it became boring, I would have considered him the biggest hypocrite imaginable. I want him to do music again, but I'm glad it wasn't just a passing usual celebrity image behind a fleeting cause.

Yes, but the again.. don`t you think he could use the music to reach the people ? He could write lyrics, make songs about the state of the World.. in addition to lots of wonderful guitar. I feel he has lost the will to write solo work... or he has no time for it.. he wants to do so many things. Thats ok, but I miss the days when he was serious about his solo work..

Possibly, but then I guess he has done, it never quite worked out, although I do love almost all of his "protest" songs. To me, a protest song is like, Bob Dylan, which much as I love him, Brian just can't do. Which I don't think anyone could possibly be offended by really. :P His protesty type songs, can be quite good, like White Man...then than can be hilariously bad, like The Call, but The Call was truly brave, if unlistenable to. :P Then there's his more recent efforts, We Believe...which I love and everyone else hates. I wouldn't like to imagine the response to a song he wrote about badgers. :P

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:
TheHero wrote:

Possibly, but then I guess he has done, it never quite worked out, although I do love almost all of his "protest" songs. To me, a protest song is like, Bob Dylan, which much as I love him, Brian just can't do. Which I don't think anyone could possibly be offended by really. :P His protesty type songs, can be quite good, like White Man...then than can be hilariously bad, like The Call, but The Call was truly brave, if unlistenable to. :P Then there's his more recent efforts, We Believe...which I love and everyone else hates. I wouldn't like to imagine the response to a song he wrote about badgers. :P

You have a point there.. I don`t like The Call either :-|

But if he wrote songs like Sail Away Sweet Sister, All Dead, All Dead, Too Much Love Will Kill You, Another World, `39, Business, Nothing But Blue, etc.. that would be something..

He could also invite other guitarists to join in on a few songs, like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Van Halen.. etc.. like he used to do...

No point in reaching high peak sales, but making interesting, serious music again, that is what I miss.. not desperate protest songs..

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World