Roger and blood sports.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:30 pm

So Roger's one of 'the grouse shooting community' according to Brian. Lost any little respect I did have for him completely now.

It's such a bummer when a member of a group you idolise turns out to be such an arsehole, isn't it?!

I will continue to buy Queen products, but certainly no more of Taylor's solo stuff. Twat.
Last edited by musicalprostitute on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Re: Roger's A Bit Of A CxnT, Really

Postby MyMorningJacket » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:46 pm

So what happened?! Have you met him and he didn't give you 15 seconds of he's time?

MyMorningJacket
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:59 pm

MyMorningJacket wrote:So what happened?! Have you met him and he didn't give you 15 seconds of he's time?

Er, no.

I stated why I think he's a twat in my original post, which has to do with the death of innocent creatures, not anything to do with me meeting him (although, incidentally, I have met him and, yes, he was a twat then - very much up his own arse!).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby julymorning » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:20 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
MyMorningJacket wrote:So what happened?! Have you met him and he didn't give you 15 seconds of he's time?

Er, no.

I stated why I think he's a twat in my original post, which has to do with the death of innocent creatures, not anything to do with me meeting him (although, incidentally, I have met him and, yes, he was a twat then - very much up his own arse!).

Does he eat them, do you know of?
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Does he eat them, do you know of?[/quote]

I have no idea tbh.

I did hear something years ago about him being pro-fox hunting, but the source was never verified - if it had of been, I would of burnt every album I own of his in a second. Fox hunters deserve nothing less than death imho.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Roger's A Bit Of A CxnT Really

Postby BitterTears » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:54 pm

I think Brian May would literally give his life to make a difference to animal rights. And yet he manages to stay friendly and maintain a working relationship with Roger.

I met Roger once too He was very nice to me.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 pm

According to Brian, um ok, why not wait until Roger has something to say on the issue. He may or might not say anything, so I think you are jumping to conclusions a bit.
I don't get boycotting Roger's solo music, but then again you will continue to buy Queen's music.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby jayw » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 am

always mixed reviews regarding Roger ... hopefully it wont' interfere with your enjoyment of Queen music

jayw
We Will Rock You

Postby YAFF » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:32 am

musicalprostitute wrote:

Er, no.

Roger always struck me as a Godless, selfish, arrogant, f- everybody else that doesn't agree with him kinda chap (I know many) but Brian May I just love and admire. A sensitive, intellectual, caring man. A beautiful guy, really. Don't know why he gets knocked around for having conviction about the welfare of animals. Anybody that doesn't have at least a minor affection for animals is a dangerous fellow IMO.

I wish I could go back to being Vegan. Maybe someday. I did for 9 years. Not easy. Not required to (religion) but I love animals...sometimes more than humans...and that's not good either :lol:
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:41 pm

BitterTears wrote:I think Brian May would literally give his life to make a difference to animal rights. And yet he manages to stay friendly and maintain a working relationship with Roger.

I met Roger once too He was very nice to me.

Mmm, bit different though, isn't it. Brian has very good reason to maintain his friendly relationship with Roger.

Personally, I don't care how nice Taylor is to anyone, the simple fact is he isn't nice to animals, so Fxxk him!

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:45 pm

icy wrote:According to Brian, um ok, why not wait until Roger has something to say on the issue. He may or might not say anything, so I think you are jumping to conclusions a bit.
I don't get boycotting Roger's solo music, but then again you will continue to buy Queen's music.

I don't think I am 'jumping to conclusions' one little bit. Brian would not make a statement like that unless it was true.

As regards to me not buying Roger's solo stuff, but continuing to buy Queen's - it's quite simple: I love Queen and won't have my dislike of him ruining that (and he is only one small part of it); as for his solo stuff, obviously it's just him involved so I won't buy it (I'll be throwing his other previous solo output out the window, too).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Bri » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Oh dear!

What with this and the countryside alliance stuff a couple of years ago does kind of confirm it doesn't it?

Will need to think carefully how I feel about this. I am really against blood sports ( I even gave up fishing!) but RT is a lifelong hero!

Arse!
It's better to burn out - than to fade away!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Im crusin' in overdrive....

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:47 pm

jayw wrote:always mixed reviews regarding Roger ... hopefully it wont' interfere with your enjoyment of Queen music

Yeah, I've always had very mixed feelings about him too.

And, no, my dislike of him will not affect my love of Queen's music. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Bri » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:48 pm

I suppose it could be worse with all these other revaltions in the media at the moment!

At least it's legal!
It's better to burn out - than to fade away!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Im crusin' in overdrive....

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Roger always struck me as a Godless, selfish, arrogant, f- everybody else that doesn't agree with him kinda chap (I know many) but Brian May I just love and admire. A sensitive, intellectual, caring man. A beautiful guy, really. Don't know why he gets knocked around for having conviction about the welfare of animals. Anybody that doesn't have at least a minor affection for animals is a dangerous fellow IMO.

I wish I could go back to being Vegan. Maybe someday. I did for 9 years. Not easy. Not required to (religion) but I love animals...sometimes more than humans...and that's not good either :lol:[/quote]

Very well put, Yaff.

I totally concur with your quote 'anybody that doesn't have at least a minor affection for animals is a dangerous fellow..' You are spot on there.

Personally, I have ended relationships with people I've liked alot because I've found out that they have shown some type of cruelty to animals - I will not abide it, never will. And, although I am the least violent person I know, I would literally kill another human being if I witnessed them hurting an animal unreasonably. People that hunt, etc. should all die, like right now.

I went vegan for a while, too (only a year mind), but just could not stick too it. Now I eat meat again, but will only buy Freedom Foods, etc.

Respect to you :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Next

Return to Views Of The World