Roger and blood sports.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:00 pm

bluerhap wrote:See you at the next Vile Human Being Tour then? :band:


Possibly. I'm not keen on May either, but the music was great.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8712
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Whatever your view of Roger Taylor is, there's no need to have a go at another poster for still liking him. You're arguing based on one bad thing we've heard about him, she's said good things she's heard about him.

Your argument is very flawed, most of us don't need to eat meat, we don't do it to survive, we do it for enjoyment. It's not part of nature either, because we do it by mass production, we waste most of it too. In that sense, grouse hunting is far closer to nature than eating supermarket meat is.

If you eat meat, it's still perfectly valid to oppose blood sports, of course, it's different to use animals for sport. The kind of hunts which involve eating what you kill are definitely a grey area though, because those people are likely to buy less mass produced meat, which lowers the demand, which is the aim of most vegetarians (who are veggie for moral reasons). That grouse hunters are doing it for fun, makes it a blood sport, but you eat meat because you enjoy it. Grouse hunting and fox hunting for example, in my opinion are very different. Basically if you eat meat you might still be against the sport of hunting, but can't really condemn the people who eat what they kill, without being hypocritical.


Oh my good god, some of you people on here! Where on earth, may I ever so politely ask, have I had 'a go at another poster'? I haven't. I've just put my opinion over, as you and everyone else is free to do.

I don't agree with you at all with regards to grouse hunting either. They kill for pleasure; they enjoy the fact that they have killed something. And I can condemn people who eat what they kill without being hypocritical, because they gain pleasure from something suffering; I do not gain any pleasure on that scale when I eat meat.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:22 pm

fairydandy wrote:I think Taylor is a vile human being.


Short and to the point, sir! :lol:

But, you are quite correct in your assessment - he is a complete cock.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Belle Leisha » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Oh my good god, some of you people on here! Where on earth, may I ever so politely ask, have I had 'a go at another poster'? I haven't. I've just put my opinion over, as you and everyone else is free to do.

I don't agree with you at all with regards to grouse hunting either. They kill for pleasure; they enjoy the fact that they have killed something. And I can condemn people who eat what they kill without being hypocritical, because they gain pleasure from something suffering; I do not gain any pleasure on that scale when I eat meat.


Haha, I don't think you need to bother with the "ever so politely", "greatest of respect", stuff, because you clearly mean neither. :P That's up to you, but I have no disagreement with your posts beyond thinking this:

musicalprostitute wrote:I can not, for the life of me, see how you can state that you 'dearly love him and love animals too', when you know that he kills them for fun. You say that you have that view because you 'first and foremost love humans' - so if a human being does bad that's fine and acceptable because he is a human?


...constitutes having a go.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard


Image
 
Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

      
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Oh my good god, some of you people on here! Where on earth, may I ever so politely ask, have I had 'a go at another poster'? I haven't. I've just put my opinion over, as you and everyone else is free to do.

I don't agree with you at all with regards to grouse hunting either. They kill for pleasure; they enjoy the fact that they have killed something. And I can condemn people who eat what they kill without being hypocritical, because they gain pleasure from something suffering; I do not gain any pleasure on that scale when I eat meat.


Haha, I don't think you need to bother with the "ever so politely", "greatest of respect", stuff, because you clearly mean neither. :P That's up to you, but I have no disagreement with your posts beyond thinking this:

musicalprostitute wrote:

I can not, for the life of me, see how you can state that you 'dearly love him and love animals too', when you know that he kills them for fun. You say that you have that view because you 'first and foremost love humans' - so if a human being does bad that's fine and acceptable because he is a human?


...constitutes having a go.


How is my quote above 'having a go'? I just stated that I could not understand the poster's point of view, and I then questioned it. I stated nothing offensive or nasty or even contentious, just disagreed. So please explain to me what part of my quote was 'having a go'?

I don't think I've ever been intentionally rude or offensive to anyone on here, unless they deserved it for being rude/offensive towards myself.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Well, "I think Roger Taylor is a cock"...or 'vile human being', whatever, has been more or less every post in this thread and that is all well and good. He shoots birds for fun...he can fuck off. :P

Your response to she4bikes, (who I entirely disagree with) is going a bit further than that. If she says she loves animals and Roger Taylor then she does. I said you're making this a bit too black and white, because it is entirely possible to have those seemingly opposing ideas, just like loving animals and eating meat. That is all. :)
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard


Image
 
Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

      
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Simon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Well, as my grannie used to say: A cock in the hand is worth two in the bush.
"Or you have it, or you don't!"
 
Simon
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2481
Images: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Well, "I think Roger Taylor is a cock"...or 'vile human being', whatever, has been more or less every post in this thread and that is all well and good. He shoots birds for fun...he can fuck off. :P

Your response to she4bikes, (who I entirely disagree with) is going a bit further than that. If she says she loves animals and Roger Taylor then she does. I said you're making this a bit too black and white, because it is entirely possible to have those seemingly opposing ideas, just like loving animals and eating meat. That is all. :)


My response to the poster mentioned was just disagreeing with her view, not having a go!

Anyway, you and I could go on forever about this, so we will just have to agree to disagree. :)

Btw, I can appreciate that I may come across as quite vehement in my long-held beliefs, but I don't actually mean any harm to anyone (well, apart from animal-killing cock-heads, of course! :twisted: ). :)
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Bri » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Just to revisit this again I noticed this on a website about BMs guitar being donated to a charity auction.

Notice the text below where it mentions RT and his friends involvement in a local activity. :-(

I really struggle with this as RT has always been a hero of mine but I really don't like what it sounds like he gets up to with blood sports.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/photo_galle ... _1_1991175
It's better to burn out - than to fade away!
 
Bri
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Im crusin' in overdrive....

      
 
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:24 pm
Location: Somerset
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Previous

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests