Roger and blood sports.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Spook » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Can someone please show me a link to an interview that Roger has given recently in support of 'blood sports'

I know he was going to play at a gig for the countryside alliance about 15 years ago, but can someone please show me something ore upto date


cheers
 
Spook
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:22 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm

she4bikes wrote:Well, if you Brits don't want Roger, then please send him to California!! We would take him in a heartbeat! Regarding animals, I try to ride my bicycle (yep, love the song!) as much as possible (don't own a vehicle), thereby avoiding hitting and killing them. By far, more animals are killed by vehicles in California, than by hunters.


You can have him! :)

Seriously speaking, if I saw him in the street now I do not think I would even bother to stop - I think I would feel quite hypocritical if I did.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Spook wrote:Can someone please show me a link to an interview that Roger has given recently in support of 'blood sports'

I know he was going to play at a gig for the countryside alliance about 15 years ago, but can someone please show me something ore upto date


cheers


I, personally, haven't seen any such links. The only thing I've seen recently that points towards his shite behaviour towards animals is a clip of Brian at the Queen 40 ibook thingy a couple of months (?) back.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Simon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Spook wrote:Can someone please show me a link to an interview that Roger has given recently in support of 'blood sports'

I know he was going to play at a gig for the countryside alliance about 15 years ago, but can someone please show me something ore upto date


cheers


Brian mentioned it in an interview that Roger still supports it. Check Brianmay.com

**Thu 25 Oct 12*
INTERVIEW: BRIAN MAY ON THE BADGER CULL


So what do his fellow Queen members think about his alternative career path?

“Well, it doesn’t come up very much,” May replies. “Freddie [Mercury] has gone of course. And I never see John [Deacon], sadly. Roger [Taylor] is in a sense in a different place because he’s part of the whole grouse shooting community, which is actually quite hard for us. We’re grown ups and we tend to treat the matter lightly so that we can remain friends, which we do and we’re quite good at respecting each other’s positions. It’s a very separate activity from anything that happens inside Queen.”
"Or you have it, or you don't!"
 
Simon
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2481
Images: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby bluerhap » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:25 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
she4bikes wrote:Well, if you Brits don't want Roger, then please send him to California!! We would take him in a heartbeat! Regarding animals, I try to ride my bicycle (yep, love the song!) as much as possible (don't own a vehicle), thereby avoiding hitting and killing them. By far, more animals are killed by vehicles in California, than by hunters.


You can have him! :)

Seriously speaking, if I saw him in the street now I do not think I would even bother to stop - I think I would feel quite hypocritical if I did.

Take him out and shoot the bounder!
I live in the country , I eat meat, I fish pike but return them. Everyone lives life differently, it doesn`t make them a bad person. HE`S A DRUMMER IN A BAND
 
bluerhap
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:17 am
Location: Scotland
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby she4bikes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:24 am

Since Roger studied Biology in college, he may believe that hunting is required for balance of Earth's creatures.
Roger may have devolved into a somewhat pompous snobby ass, but at at least some time in his life he was flipping wonderful. I dearly love him and I love animals too. Not dichotomous thinking at all since I first and foremost love humans (although I am hoping I carry thar Neanderthal gene!). Love his support of the MPT fund and love his indignation of the paparazzi's treatment of Freddie during his last months on this planet.
 
she4bikes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm

bluerhap wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
she4bikes wrote:Well, if you Brits don't want Roger, then please send him to California!! We would take him in a heartbeat! Regarding animals, I try to ride my bicycle (yep, love the song!) as much as possible (don't own a vehicle), thereby avoiding hitting and killing them. By far, more animals are killed by vehicles in California, than by hunters.


You can have him! :)

Seriously speaking, if I saw him in the street now I do not think I would even bother to stop - I think I would feel quite hypocritical if I did.

Take him out and shoot the bounder!
I live in the country , I eat meat, I fish pike but return them. Everyone lives life differently, it doesn`t make them a bad person. HE`S A DRUMMER IN A BAND


'Everyone lives life differently, it doesn't make them a bad person'. So, killing innocent animals for fun does not make a person bad? I believe it does, and it definately speaks volumes about their conscience!

I eat meat too, but I would never intentionally hurt another creature on this planet in the name of sport.

And, he may be 'a drummer in a band', but what the hell has that got to do with his attitude towards animals,etc? He's a twat.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 pm

she4bikes wrote:Since Roger studied Biology in college, he may believe that hunting is required for balance of Earth's creatures.
Roger may have devolved into a somewhat pompous snobby ass, but at at least some time in his life he was flipping wonderful. I dearly love him and I love animals too. Not dichotomous thinking at all since I first and foremost love humans (although I am hoping I carry thar Neanderthal gene!). Love his support of the MPT fund and love his indignation of the paparazzi's treatment of Freddie during his last months on this planet.


I can not, for the life of me, see how you can state that you 'dearly love him and love animals too', when you know that he kills them for fun. You say that you have that view because you 'first and foremost love humans' - so if a human being does bad that's fine and acceptable because he is a human? Quite frankly, mankind should know better, and tossers like Taylor are just shallow and selfish morons.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:59 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
I can not, for the life of me, see how you can state that you 'dearly love him and love animals too', when you know that he kills them for fun. You say that you have that view because you 'first and foremost love humans' - so if a human being does bad that's fine and acceptable because he is a human? Quite frankly, mankind should know better, and tossers like Taylor are just shallow and selfish morons.


Well hang on, I have no time for anybody who enjoys or endorses harming animals for sport or amusement, but the world is not quite as black and white as you're trying to make it here.

You've stated further up you eat meat, so you're happy for someone else to kill animals by the million, many of which will be entirely wasted, for you to eat conveniently. Grouse shooting kills considerably less animals than meat farming does and as I understand it, grouse shooters eat the birds they kill.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard


Image
 
Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

      
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby she4bikes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
she4bikes wrote:Since Roger studied Biology in college, he may believe that hunting is required for balance of Earth's creatures.
Roger may have devolved into a somewhat pompous snobby ass, but at at least some time in his life he was flipping wonderful. I dearly love him and I love animals too. Not dichotomous thinking at all since I first and foremost love humans (although I am hoping I carry thar Neanderthal gene!). Love his support of the MPT fund and love his indignation of the paparazzi's treatment of Freddie during his last months on this planet.


I can not, for the life of me, see how you can state that you 'dearly love him and love animals too', when you know that he kills them for fun. You say that you have that view because you 'first and foremost love humans' - so if a human being does bad that's fine and acceptable because he is a human? Quite frankly, mankind should know better, and tossers like Taylor are just shallow and selfish morons.

Big part of the reason I ride is for Mother Earth and all Her creatures. I pass so many dead animals on my bicycle journeys. They lie on the side of the road forgotten.
Yes, I deeply appreciate the musical and charity work of Roger Taylor. Sorry for his grouse hunting and really, really sorry for any environmentally destructive one person vehicle trips he has made.
 
she4bikes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
I can not, for the life of me, see how you can state that you 'dearly love him and love animals too', when you know that he kills them for fun. You say that you have that view because you 'first and foremost love humans' - so if a human being does bad that's fine and acceptable because he is a human? Quite frankly, mankind should know better, and tossers like Taylor are just shallow and selfish morons.


Well hang on, I have no time for anybody who enjoys or endorses harming animals for sport or amusement, but the world is not quite as black and white as you're trying to make it here.

You've stated further up you eat meat, so you're happy for someone else to kill animals by the million, many of which will be entirely wasted, for you to eat conveniently. Grouse shooting kills considerably less animals than meat farming does and as I understand it, grouse shooters eat the birds they kill.


With the greatest respect, I am under no illusions that the world is simply 'black and white'. Yes, I eat meat (did become a veggie for a year, but did not have the willpower to continue, and now believe that we are supposed to eat meat), and, yes, I am well aware that the meat on my table has been killed by another human being. I have stated previously that I have no objections to killing animals to survive - it happens in the wild continously, and it is a part of everyday life; my issue is with twats like taylor who kill creatures for fun - they gain some enjoyment from shooting something (if you think they all meet up with the sole purpose to feed themselves then you are very wrong; they come together to kill things, and enjoy the process. So, they may eat the bird later - so what?! The fact is they are killing creatures for fun, and that makes them cxxt's!).
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Belle Leisha » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Whatever your view of Roger Taylor is, there's no need to have a go at another poster for still liking him. You're arguing based on one bad thing we've heard about him, she's said good things she's heard about him.

Your argument is very flawed, most of us don't need to eat meat, we don't do it to survive, we do it for enjoyment. It's not part of nature either, because we do it by mass production, we waste most of it too. In that sense, grouse hunting is far closer to nature than eating supermarket meat is.

If you eat meat, it's still perfectly valid to oppose blood sports, of course, it's different to use animals for sport. The kind of hunts which involve eating what you kill are definitely a grey area though, because those people are likely to buy less mass produced meat, which lowers the demand, which is the aim of most vegetarians (who are veggie for moral reasons). That grouse hunters are doing it for fun, makes it a blood sport, but you eat meat because you enjoy it. Grouse hunting and fox hunting for example, in my opinion are very different. Basically if you eat meat you might still be against the sport of hunting, but can't really condemn the people who eat what they kill, without being hypocritical.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard


Image
 
Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

      
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:40 pm

I think Taylor is a vile human being.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8712
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 439 times

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby Belle Leisha » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:42 pm

fairydandy wrote:I think Taylor is a vile human being.


I think he's a terrible lyricist.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard


Image
 
Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

      
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Birmingham, UK
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Roger and blood sports.

Postby bluerhap » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 pm

[quote="fairydandy"]I think Taylor is a vile human being.[/quote
See you at the next Vile Human Being Tour then? :band:
 
bluerhap
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:17 am
Location: Scotland
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 30 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests