Is Vegan Organic Farming Achievable?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Is Vegan Organic Farming Achievable?

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Elessar wrote:Anaphylaxis ≠ asthma attack

Didn't you just write this, earlier?

You've been with me when I experience the attacks? You see the pain in my throat, see me start having numb lips, tongue and start going into panic and you've heard me start wheezing and seen me having difficulty breathing?

I did write that earlier, yes, and I stand by it.

You're hopefully aware that I have never been with you during either an anaphylactic reaction or an exacerbation of asthma. However, I don't need to have been there to know that they are not the same thing, even though sometimes they may seem similar (both involve difficult breathing, both can be triggered by allergens, etc.).

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby funkyrake » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Paradigm shift? Not out of opinion, yours, mine. But necessity, the Mother of Invention.

funkyrake

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
Elessar wrote:Anaphylaxis ≠ asthma attack

Didn't you just write this, earlier?

You've been with me when I experience the attacks? You see the pain in my throat, see me start having numb lips, tongue and start going into panic and you've heard me start wheezing and seen me having difficulty breathing?

I did write that earlier, yes, and I stand by it.

You're hopefully aware that I have never been with you during either an anaphylactic reaction or an exacerbation of asthma. However, I don't need to have been there to know that they are not the same thing, even though sometimes they may seem similar (both involve difficult breathing, both can be triggered by allergens, etc.).

Elessar wrote:No mention of asthma anywhere there. Probably because they're different things. Lots of similarities, yes, and people who are prone to one are often prone to the other, but they are not the same thing. 'Anaphylactic shock' is a very specific state and doesn't 'include' asthma attacks.

Make up your mind !

In the mean time, I am quite aware you were not with me whenever I have had these attacks, be they at work or at home. Are you?

On another note, it's the 2nd reason the government put me on disability - because i can not be around food! Everyone eats at work. No company of any sort can or will force employees to eat only specific foods so that 1 employee doesn't have to run out of the building every day.

Innuendoes

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Make up your mind !

I think you're going to have to spell this one out for me, as I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
Make up your mind !

I think you're going to have to spell this one out for me, as I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Elessar wrote:
Anaphylaxis ≠ asthma attack

Now maybe those little squiggles you put in there do not mean = as they appear on the screen without carefully checking them?

Innuendoes

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
Make up your mind !

Elessar wrote:

Now maybe those little squiggles you put in there do not mean = as they appear on the screen without carefully checking them?

≠≠=

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:

Elessar wrote:

≠≠=

Enough of this bullshit!

Innuendoes

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:

Elessar wrote:

≠≠=

Enough of this bullshit!

= : 'is equal to'
≠ : 'is not equal to'

≠≠= : 'the 'is not equal to' sign is not equal to the 'is equal to' sign'.

"Anaphylaxis ≠ asthma attack" : "Anaphylaxis is not equal to asthma attack"

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Alright, be as technical as you want to be.

I said:
Because of severe food allergies, especially tomatoes and any type of pepper (which causes anaphylactic shock to begin, including asthma attacks) I can't have those, either.

So you will be happy, I get both, anaphylactic shock AND asthma attacks, as per my doctors. Capiche?

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm

And it matters to YOU, in what way? If I died, no one here would care so why go on and on and on and on?

Innuendoes

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Innuendoes wrote:Alright, be as technical as you want to be.

I said:
Because of severe food allergies, especially tomatoes and any type of pepper (which causes anaphylactic shock to begin, including asthma attacks) I can't have those, either.

So you will be happy, I get both, anaphylactic shock AND asthma attacks, as per my doctors. Capiche?

I'm very sorry that you get both - my point is that they're not the same. You do not get 'anaphylactic shocks that include asthma attacks'.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Innuendoes wrote:And it matters to YOU, in what way? If I died, no one here would care so why go on and on and on and on?

To be fair I posted a very brief 3 word reply on the matter, which amazingly you managed to completely misunderstand, hence the next few posts of inanity.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:And it matters to YOU, in what way? If I died, no one here would care so why go on and on and on and on?

To be fair I posted a very brief 3 word reply on the matter, which amazingly you managed to completely misunderstand, hence the next few posts of inanity.

No, to be fair, we don't use ≠ over here! You tried for another of your typical stunts.

Innuendoes

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Elessar wrote:

No, to be fair, we don't use ≠ over here! You tried for another of your typical stunts.

That is a HUGE call! The American population don't use a basic mathematical operator! The chance of that being true ≈ 0.

What typical stunts? I was just feeling lazy and couldn't be bothered typing full sentences.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:No, to be fair, we don't use ≠ over here! You tried for another of your typical stunts.

That is a HUGE call! The American population don't use a basic mathematical operator! The chance of that being true ≈ 0.

What typical stunts? I was just feeling lazy and couldn't be bothered typing full sentences.

Not on our keyboards!

Innuendoes

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World