The Paranormal...

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The Paranormal...

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm

To be clear on this from my experiences, musicalprostitute, none of them were as a child that I can recall, only as an adult did I have any experiences.

Innuendoes

Postby Elessar » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Yeah, it seems unlikely. Maybe a 1-in-1000 shot. But whatever paranormal explanation there may be - time travel or ghosts or pixies or elves or whatever - the chances of that are more like 1-in-1,000,000.

I'd call it a 1 in a billion shot, in fact it's impossible, but you can't possibly know that. Well yeah exactly, taking it as fact it wasn't paranormal...still stumped for an explanation. It could be made up, we could have been in the wrong place, but it's not and we weren't. I'd love to know what actually did happen.

How many times have you seen a set of houses when in reality there was an old building there...and not found out afterwards?

A huge amount of what we see is actually made up by our brains. Most of the time it gets it right, or it doesn't matter either way. Sometimes it gets it wrong. It's no big deal.

To prove it, close one eye, hold your finger an arm's length in front of the open eye, and turn your head. At a certain point, the finger will disappear. It's the blind spot. It's there because of science. Now do the same against a tartan background. Your finger disappears, but the tartan will remain. Your brain is filling in the gaps.

Elessar

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Innuendoes wrote:To be clear on this from my experiences, musicalprostitute, none of them were as a child that I can recall, only as an adult did I have any experiences.

My experiences happened during my teens and into early adulthood, but they stopped quite abruptly one day and that was that.

My old man was a natural palm reader (not one of those fairground pike/gypsy types, but a genuine reader) and the things that he predicted that he could not have known were quite amazing. I just wish I knew where all this stuff comes from!

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:28 pm

Elessar wrote:
How many times have you seen a set of houses when in reality there was an old building there...and not found out afterwards?

A huge amount of what we see is actually made up by our brains. Most of the time it gets it right, or it doesn't matter either way. Sometimes it gets it wrong. It's no big deal.

To prove it, close one eye, hold your finger an arm's length in front of the open eye, and turn your head. At a certain point, the finger will disappear. It's the blind spot. It's there because of science. Now do the same against a tartan background. Your finger disappears, but the tartan will remain. Your brain is filling in the gaps.

Yeah but it's not a random set of houses seen out of the corner of your eye, it was specific building, in a specific place, not accidentally glanced at, but driven to intentionally.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:To be clear on this from my experiences, musicalprostitute, none of them were as a child that I can recall, only as an adult did I have any experiences.

My experiences happened during my teens and into early adulthood, but they stopped quite abruptly one day and that was that.

My old man was a natural palm reader (not one of those fairground pike/gypsy types, but a genuine reader) and the things that he predicted that he could not have known were quite amazing. I just wish I knew where all this stuff comes from!

So do you believe in genuine supernatural experience?

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

Hold on - you actually went to this pub and it wasn't there? That IS weird.

I had an experience like that once. I got a taxi to King's Cross station, and for some reason couldn't find the destination I wanted on the board. Then I realised that the whole station looked completely different - all shiny and new. I figured they must have renovated it. Then I noticed that all the trains were going to 'Bruxelles'. Then I remembered that I'd been at King's Cross no more than about 12 hours earlier, and there was no way they could possibly have renovated it in that amount of time.

Then I remembered I was extremely drunk, and I was at King's Cross International, having been put into a taxi by Loretta.
Last edited by Elessar on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elessar

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:

For me, it started in early adulthood, involved deceased family members, then also living friends whom
I had completely lost track of, then back to deceased family members and also things that were unexplained, but to my priest at that time, was apparently evil as it did not like it when I used the name Jesus Christ.

Innuendoes

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Elessar wrote:
Hold on - you actually went to this pub and it wasn't there? That IS weird.

I had an experience like that once. I got a taxi to King's Cross station, and for some reason couldn't find the destination I wanted on the board. Then I realised that the whole station looked completely different - all shiny and new. I figured they must have renovated it. Then I noticed that all the trains were going to 'Bruxelles'. Then I remembered that I'd been at King's Cross no more than about 12 hours earlier, and there was no way they could possibly have renovated it in that amount of time.

Then I remembered I was extremely drunk, and I was at King's Cross International, having been put into a taxi by Loretta.

:lol: Yeah I remember that night.

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
AutumnGirlLybbie wrote:Hang on....
What do you mean by paranormal?

How can you talk of paranormal and spirituality yet at the same time reject the notion of a God and religion?

I so knew this would be the predictable response from certain individuals!

Thanks for the reply. I know exactly how to respond to this this thread now.

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

I don't know what I believe in anymore! I used to believe 100 per cent when I was younger, but I'm more cynical and bitter now. I know that the things that happened did happen, but why or how they happened, I know not. So, to answer your question - I really don't know.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Previous

Return to Views Of The World