Possible Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Possible Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon

Postby icy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:06 am

Innuendoes wrote:Starting to change my mind quite a bit, now.

About what?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Kes » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:15 am

As I said before, now it's all about making sure that they actually made the devices, and where they got the materials and info to do it, if they did. I really don't think a complete novice could be quite as successful first time out, as they were. Complete beginners quite often blow themselves up just making homemade explosives. So either these guys were just lucky, or they did a lot of research, which would leave a trail, or someone else is involved.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:20 am

Again, about the celebrations, a person's perspective largely depends which side of the fence they're sat on.

If you consider the enemy to be the authorities, and law enforcers, then you'll have a completely different take to someone who trusts them.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Elessar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:42 am

The logic doesn't follow. Some terrorists use twitter to discuss attacks therefore any suspect who doesn't have incriminating tweets is innocent, is not sound logic.

Elessar

Postby Kes » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:50 am

That's probably the situation we've reached, a lot of people who use Facebook and twitter to tell the world EXACTLY what they're up to, resist the concept that there are still some people who don't.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Innuendoes wrote:I don't know what to say about the older brother who is already dead but I do know, I am going to watch developments and statements from anyone and everyone who knew this second brother who has survived and study them well. i am not going to point fingers and yell murderer until I see absolute proof and that means his own writing, his own data from his computer, blogs (I have already read his twitter account and he seems in NO WAY, anti-American, jihadist, or anything else of that sort). I refuse to become one of the lynch mob until all facts are on the table, if that is even possible because at this rate, this young man, age 19, could have very well be set up as a culprit.

When you have armed Navy SEALS on walkies, all over the area BEFORE the bombs went off, there was a reason for that and something was already known by someone, before the horror began. There were scores of people wearing black backpacks, including many of those SEALS from what I have seen in photos.

Something is definitely NOT RIGHT with this picture!

Are you serious? :roll:

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:20 pm

AutumnGirlLybbie wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I don't know what to say about the older brother who is already dead but I do know, I am going to watch developments and statements from anyone and everyone who knew this second brother who has survived and study them well. i am not going to point fingers and yell murderer until I see absolute proof and that means his own writing, his own data from his computer, blogs (I have already read his twitter account and he seems in NO WAY, anti-American, jihadist, or anything else of that sort). I refuse to become one of the lynch mob until all facts are on the table, if that is even possible because at this rate, this young man, age 19, could have very well be set up as a culprit.

When you have armed Navy SEALS on walkies, all over the area BEFORE the bombs went off, there was a reason for that and something was already known by someone, before the horror began. There were scores of people wearing black backpacks, including many of those SEALS from what I have seen in photos.

Something is definitely NOT RIGHT with this picture!

Are you serious? :roll:

About? The kid or the SEALS? Go look on the net, their photos are everywhere! As far as the terrorist kid, yea, go back and read what else I said. I quickly changed my mind as details are emerging!

Innuendoes

Postby Princess of Taylor » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Watch 60 Minutes tonight. They are doing a whole segment on bomb detecting dogs. The dogs did a sweep at the marathon because it is a huge outdoor sporting event and requires tons of security. The terrorists waited out the dogs and then set down their backpacks.

Princess of Taylor
We Will Rock You

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:54 am

Wish I could watch tv. Cable box is broken, has been for months, and the cable company says they're backed up at least a month more with over 1000 backorders for new boxes. WTF kind of cable company is this??? And not my account so there is nothing T can do about it. Maybe I can find it streaming on the net somewhere.

Innuendoes

Postby Princess of Taylor » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 am

We have a digital antenna - no cable. It cost $10 and we get a good 8-10 channels.

Princess of Taylor
We Will Rock You

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 am

I have one, too. Remember i am out in the middle of a damn bean field. All i get are antenna tv, me tv and one other plus a bunch of channels that are nothing but infomercials, day and night, 24/7.

Innuendoes

Postby icy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:06 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... n/2102093/
Boston bombing suspect opening up to police
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Lino » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:12 am

Innuendoes wrote:Wish I could watch tv. Cable box is broken, has been for months, and the cable company says they're backed up at least a month more with over 1000 backorders for new boxes. WTF kind of cable company is this??? And not my account so there is nothing T can do about it. Maybe I can find it streaming on the net somewhere.

you always have tv streaming sites. I use it to watch soccer which is broadcasted in pay per view channels.
http://www.justin.tv/directory/news/local_news
I'm a globetrotter and I'm proud of it!

Lino
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:31 am

This is not what i was looking for http://www.justin.tv/rctvcirebon#/w/5458835040/2

i really don't think a huge show like 60 minutes is going to be on there. i am on their own website. no live broadcast that i can locate.

Innuendoes

Postby icy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 am

From the CBC facebook page... :nervous:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013 ... l?cmp=fbtl

As the investigation into the Boston bombing continues, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said the two suspects had such a large cache of weapons that they were probably planning other attacks. http://cbc.sh/k0RYuOP

The stockpile was "as dangerous as it gets in urban policing," Davis said. "We have reason to believe, based upon the evidence that was found at that scene -- the explosions, the explosive ordnance that was unexploded and the firepower that they had -- that they were going to attack other individuals," he told CBS.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev remains unable to speak with a gunshot wound to the throat. His older brother Tamerlan was killed in a gun battle Friday with police.

Investigators have not offered a motive for the marathon attack. No evidence has emerged to link Tsarnaev to militant groups in Russia's Caucasus.

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was tracing the suspects' weapons to try to determine how they were obtained. Neither of the brothers had permission to carry a gun.

(Photo: Associated Press)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy