Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby Kes » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Apparently Morgan Freeman has had to announce that he isn't dead yet!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 15044
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby Fizzle » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Kes wrote:Apparently Morgan Freeman has had to announce that he isn't dead yet!


:lol:
Image
 
Fizzle
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1065
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm
Location: The John Deacon Appreciation Society
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby icy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:14 am

Anyone watching his service this morning, I will be, watching as I type, although it hasn't started yet.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16840
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby CNB » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Pouring down rain, but still a beautiful and inspiring service. The people LOVED Obama. This is one time when it was advantageous for him to be a "son of Africa." They didn't even ask to see his birth certificate when they invited him to speak! :)
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby CNB » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Obama was brilliant at this memorial service for Mandela and he was the perfect person to give that eulogy! He has much in common with "Madiba" since he, too, has tried to be a peacemaker:

"Nelson Mandela's memorial service: Farewell Madiba"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11170422
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby icy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:33 am

CNB wrote:Obama was brilliant at this memorial service for Mandela and he was the perfect person to give that eulogy! He has much in common with "Madiba" since he, too, has tried to be a peacemaker:

"Nelson Mandela's memorial service: Farewell Madiba"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11170422


Perfect more than Mandela's own family that also spoke? I don't think so...this was/is very moving and what stood out for me, such grace and kindness...

Nelson Mandela's family pay tribute at memorial
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25313398

~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16840
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby Kes » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:04 am

Latest scandal:

The guy next to the people speaking at the Mandela tribute thing, doing sign language for the deaf, WASN'T actually "translating" what the people were saying! Instead, to explain the complete bollocks he was gesticulating, he says he was having a schizophrenic episode, and reacting to voices in his head.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25345262
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 15044
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby Tarkus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:59 pm

He reminded me of this guy...

 
Tarkus
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby Tarkus » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:27 pm

What the interpreter was really doing...

Image
 
Tarkus
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby fairydandy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Tarkus wrote:What the interpreter was really doing...

Image


Very clever!
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8808
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 449 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby P.T » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Tarkus wrote:What the interpreter was really doing...

Image


That. Is. Brilliant.
 
P.T
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Kes wrote:Latest scandal:

The guy next to the people speaking at the Mandela tribute thing, doing sign language for the deaf, WASN'T actually "translating" what the people were saying! Instead, to explain the complete bollocks he was gesticulating, he says he was having a schizophrenic episode, and reacting to voices in his head.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25345262

The man is apparently, really schizophrenic. Officials don't even know how he got the job and this is not the 1st time he's "signed" for a speaker.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby Fizzle » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:04 am

Innuendoes wrote:
Kes wrote:Latest scandal:

The guy next to the people speaking at the Mandela tribute thing, doing sign language for the deaf, WASN'T actually "translating" what the people were saying! Instead, to explain the complete bollocks he was gesticulating, he says he was having a schizophrenic episode, and reacting to voices in his head.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25345262

The man is apparently, really schizophrenic. Officials don't even know how he got the job and this is not the 1st time he's "signed" for a speaker.


Interesting. When I heard the talking heads on the news criticizing his sign language, I assumed they were just talking out their asses as usual. Shows how much I know about sign language. :P
Image
 
Fizzle
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1065
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 pm
Location: The John Deacon Appreciation Society
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby P.T » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:03 am

Can the thread title be changed to reflect he's no longer critically ill?
 
P.T
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Nelson Mandela critically ill in hospital

Postby Loretta » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:46 am

FreddiesWhiteDove wrote:Can the thread title be changed to reflect he's no longer critically ill?

Why? Has something changed?
 
Loretta
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:46 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests