Healthy Baby Giraffe killed and fed to the Lions

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Healthy Baby Giraffe killed and fed to the Lions

Postby TheHero » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 pm

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Healthy Baby Giraffe killed and fed to the Lions

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Zookeeper and TV personality Jack Hanna, who is also director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium in Ohio, joined the chorus of outrage Monday, calling the Copenhagen Zoo's decision "the most abominable, insensitive, ridiculous thing I've ever heard of."

He also questioned why the Copenhagen Zoo would keep breeding animals for which they didn't have room. The Columbus Zoo would never euthanize an animal in this manner, Hanna said, and he wouldn't condone showing an animal consume another animal to children.

"I know it's natural in nature. I'm not an idiot," he said, "but I don't need to have some 2- and 3- and 6-year-olds -- they cannot understand at that age. You understand they don't understand nature. They haven't been to Africa, so that's what we do at the zoos. We try to educate people at zoos on what happens in the wild."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/10/world/eur ... o-giraffe/

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 am

CNN interview with the zoo director.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/standard.h ... debate.cnn

Innuendoes

Postby Fizzle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:06 am

TheHero wrote:And we call us humans? Poor giraffe :(
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lions.html

I agree with Brian on this one:
http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/ ... 4a.html#09

Here you can use your voice:
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/c ... e_petition

Well said Brian!

I'll be signing that petition, thanks for the link.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Postby MTQueenie » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:30 pm

*rant start*

well as a Dane I'm frankly sick and tired of people from around the world that has been shooting their mouth off about something they quite clearly doesn't have a fucking clue about and that includes Brian May. Seriously this whole thing is getting beyond pathetic.

People who refuse to listen to the actual facts and very good reasons for doing this but oh no it's a cute animal so it shouldn't be put down and then screw the consequences for the animal of that. All options had been looked into and this was the best and most humane option left but again why care about FACTS or the CONSEQUENCES of the various options as long as the animal is cute.

Can you tell I'm fed up with ignorant idiots that's caused mayhem (incl. deaththreats and anyone and everyone in DK getting insane horrible emails) here for days all because they and their press couldn't be fucking bothered to actually learn about the facts first, especially considering the majority of them are also hypocrits cos wtf do they think the meat they stuff their faces with on a daily basis comes from and i gurantee that all those animals isn't anywhere close to having as good a life or death as that bloody giraffe did.

and lastly if you think this is something that doesn't happen in practically every bloody zoo around the world think again

*rant over*

MTQueenie
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:24 pm

MTQueenie wrote:*rant start*

well as a Dane I'm frankly sick and tired of people from around the world that has been shooting their mouth off about something they quite clearly doesn't have a fucking clue about and that includes Brian May. Seriously this whole thing is getting beyond pathetic.

People who refuse to listen to the actual facts and very good reasons for doing this but oh no it's a cute animal so it shouldn't be put down and then screw the consequences for the animal of that. All options had been looked into and this was the best and most humane option left but again why care about FACTS or the CONSEQUENCES of the various options as long as the animal is cute.

Can you tell I'm fed up with ignorant idiots that's caused mayhem (incl. deaththreats and anyone and everyone in DK getting insane horrible emails) here for days all because they and their press couldn't be fucking bothered to actually learn about the facts first, especially considering the majority of them are also hypocrits cos wtf do they think the meat they stuff their faces with on a daily basis comes from and i gurantee that all those animals isn't anywhere close to having as good a life or death as that bloody giraffe did.

and lastly if you think this is something that doesn't happen in practically every bloody zoo around the world think again

*rant over*

I don't condone death threats against anyone and am avoiding anyone acting like that or speaking like that.
However, this man travels world-wide and is a zoo director in the USA. He also has an opinion. I trust his over a non-veterinary or non-expert in that position.

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:04 am

Get ready - they're going to do it again! ASS HOLES !

Innuendoes

Postby MTQueenie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 am

For anyone actually interested in the facts rather than the uninformed nonsens idiots are spreading

http://www.zoo.dk/BesogZoo/Nyhedsarkiv/ ... raffe.aspx

MTQueenie
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:23 am

WeeMann, why don't you remove ALL my posts about the Faroe islands and ALL my posts about dolphins, anywhere on this board?

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:24 am

Gonna have a 1 sided discussion, then do it right. Only you are just defending the place that's in the wrong.

Innuendoes

Postby TheHero » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:27 pm

How chickens live and die..

http://vimeo.com/62061232

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Basically we have people reacting with more anger to the shooting of Marius the Giraffe than of Trayvon Martin.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby WeeMann » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Innuendoes wrote:WeeMann, why don't you remove ALL my posts about the Faroe islands and ALL my posts about dolphins, anywhere on this board?

I beg your pardon, are you asking me to delete your posts?

Posting a request in a thread I haven't contributed to is possibly not the best way of getting my attention.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby TheHero » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 pm

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:00 am

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Next

Return to Views Of The World