Fur those who wish to debate the wearing of fur.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert. The Great Homophobia Debate

Postby Montavilla » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:11 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
magicshoes wrote:I highly recommend naps whenever possible, especially when someone is acting cranky :lol:

Here's a nice TV. Maybe you need to go shopping. You might feel better. :)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... 9225460803

That is the weirdest comeback I've ever read on these boards. :?
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Montavilla wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
magicshoes wrote:I highly recommend naps whenever possible, especially when someone is acting cranky :lol:

Here's a nice TV. Maybe you need to go shopping. You might feel better. :)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... 9225460803

That is the weirdest comeback I've ever read on these boards. :?

So?
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby YAFF » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:06 pm

magicshoes wrote:
YAFF wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Anyone that watches that video and is not convinced fur is wrong I'd like to see shot in the fucking head.

wow, so you value the lives of animals over humans....you're like those right to life freaks who in order to protect the unborn would shoot and kill the doctors. :roll: :roll:

btw, the fact that the video is from PETA tells me all I need to know about the video.

Why the fuck should I value humans over animals? That speciesistic thinking is primitive. Your abortion analogy is just obnoxious. And shame on you for not being against fur.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:09 pm

icy wrote:
magicshoes wrote:IMO people need to mind their own business. If you don't want to wear fur then don't wear fur but who the fuck are you (collective you) to tell anyone else they shouldn't be allowed to? All this moralizing and preaching is really off putting.

Really now? I stand by people should not be wearing fur these days. I think it's very wrong. I stand by that.

There is no grey area on this topic. Anyone that supports fur is ethically-challenged
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:10 pm

icy wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
magicshoes wrote:IMO people need to mind their own business. If you don't want to wear fur then don't wear fur but who the fuck are you (collective you) to tell anyone else they shouldn't be allowed to? All this moralizing and preaching is really off putting.

Never say that to me again. I am an animal right's activist and I WILL speak up and tell people not to wear fur and not to poach, all day, every day until the day I die.

Nothing needs to suffer like that and humans do not need to wear fur. This is not the middle ages. Those animals needed that fur to live because it's their entire skin that is ripped off them so someone can look better and fashionable. Just like those that think they HAVE to go to SeaWorld and watch the orcas perform. For what? To live their lives in a bathtub-like environment when their nature is to swim 100 miles per day, free and eat fresh food, not what we would feel is eating roadkill for our dinner. Kill them all and we lose the ocean. Lose the ocean, then we die.

Mankind is the scourge of the earth. The environment of earth is out of balance because of humans and the only way to stop it is to stop being an ass and stop wearing fur.

If it pisses people off, tough shit. I'll never stop.

ETA; Not only stop wearing fur, stop buying tickets to SeaWorld and any other marine park and stop paying to swim with them as well - anyone! It's much more rewarding to see them in their natural habitats anyway.

ETA: And just where do you get the idea I value animal life over human life? You have no idea what I do and who I work with, even if it is only via snail mail, email, message boards and petitions. That's all I can do. Kinda hard to go over to Africa to save people and work in the fields or wherever they are to teach them how to farm properly or help them build wells when you can't walk, isn't it? :shock:

:agreepost: very well stated, and I respect and admire what you do.

as do I. Innuendos trumps magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 pm

magicshoes wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:And, yea, I do not believe in abortions. But I sure as hell do not condone shooting doctors, either. :mad:

YAFF said people who watched that video and still didn't think fur was wrong should be shot in the head, hence my response to YAFF.

Like I said, pay attention to what you are responding too before you make a bigger ass out of yourself :roll:

btw, you're starting to sound like icy thinking every comment is a direct insult to you. :roll: :roll:

And I stand by it. If you were harming an animal in front of me I would disable your efforts by any means necessary.

Inny, ignore this twat. You are right and she is wrong. I lost what little respect I had for her. Fuck off magicshoes. And you wonder why I prefer non-human animals :roll:

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:09 am

YAFF wrote:
as do I. Innuendos trumps magicshoes

I'm blown away in a good way about Inny's compassion and care for animals. She does much, much more than posting on a message board dropping f bombs. Darn right, I respect and admire Inny, And I respect and admire you too. I have already learned much, heartbreaking at times from you and her. IMO it does no one any good to stick heads in the sand, to dismiss such important things as animal issues going on. Mind our own business when I know animals are killed, treated horribly for fur? That is my business, and I do care, and I dare say I have the right to speak out about it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Re: Fur those who wish to debate the wearing of fur.

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Those that wear fur deserve to be shot.

Only the other day I read that Naomi Campbell has started wearing fur again - even though she was one of the models who took part in the PETA 'I'd rather go naked than wear fur' campaign in the 1990s (I think!). What a complete and utter hypocritical little cunt that woman is. She should be ashamed of herself.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby YAFF » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:26 am

musicalprostitute wrote:Those that wear fur deserve to be shot.

Only the other day I read that Naomi Campbell has started wearing fur again - even though she was one of the models who took part in the PETA 'I'd rather go naked than wear fur' campaign in the 1990s (I think!). What a complete and utter hypocritical little cunt that woman is. She should be ashamed of herself.

:agreepost:

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby QueenBerta » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Karl Lagerfeld on fur
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 87884.html

He has a point about hypocrisy - the majority of people in the developed world eat meat and wear leather, often even those who complain about the fur trade. The EU has fur farms, which have to adhere to the same standards for animal welfare as any other animal farm.
#StopTheHate #EqualityForAll

QueenBerta
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:41 am

QueenBerta wrote:Karl Lagerfeld on fur

He has a point about hypocrisy - the majority of people in the developed world eat meat and wear leather, often even those who complain about the fur trade. The EU has fur farms, which have to adhere to the same standards for animal welfare as any other animal farm.

I don't wear fur or leather and apparently you haven't seen fur farm videos. :shock: :?
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:57 pm

YAFF wrote:
And I stand by it. If you were harming an animal in front of me I would disable your efforts by any means necessary.

I am exactly the same; if anyone harmed an animal in front of me, I would protect that animal in whichever way I could. I would certainly have no issues about physically attacking the cowardly scumbag who was hurting the innocent creature - as far as I am concerned if a person can harm an animal and have no conscience about it then they deserve all they get...in fact, that individual deserves to die (for, imho, that individual is not worthy of being on this planet).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby QueenBerta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:50 am

I have reported people to the RSPCA over the mistreatment of animals before now but don't think I'd intervene again when I see a thug mistreating an animal because the last time I did I got threatened and everyone else around me just ignored the guy nd didn't back me up. Scary.

I found that documentary about the puppy farm really distressing and couldn't watch all of it. The treatment of supposed free range chickens in huge barns is pretty bad IMO and that's NOT proper free range which is why I buy organic from a farm. I don't like badger culls and I think venison should be properly farmed.

I'd never wear a fur on public transport even if it was vintage or certified road kill, not after being harangued for wearing turkey feathers. I don't own any fur though I did as a teenager. I don't think the UK is cold enough to need it so it wouldn't get worn.

I do admire people who stand up for their principles but when they interfere with people doing something legal I think that's out of order. It's up to the government to ban fur, cigarettes etc,
#StopTheHate #EqualityForAll

QueenBerta
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:29 pm

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
QueenBerta wrote:Karl Lagerfeld on fur

I don't wear fur or leather and apparently you haven't seen fur farm videos. :shock: :?

Amen
Anyone who is at least somewhat aware of how fur is produced and proceeds to support it is simply a terrible, immoral person that should be condemned. Tolerance has it's limits.

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World