UKIP Anyone?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:48 pm

A question for UK fans: what are your views on UKIP.

Personally, I was considering voting for them until I saw their stance on fox hunting. I like Nigel Farage and I agree with many of their core beliefs (especially putting Britain first), but just cannot vote for someone that wants to bring back fucking fox hunting.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby Elessar » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:25 pm

It's absolutely incredible that in 2014 fox-hunting is still an election issue. It's terrifying that there are thousands of people who will pick a party based on their fox-hunting stance, and depressing that so many people want to bring it back.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11471
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby Kes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:05 pm

My belief is that in the mid thirties in Germany, a similar party came to power, all focused around the core values and interests of self nationalism. Ten years later, half of Europe was destroyed, eleven million people had been processed through death camps, and most of the people who'd voted them in ten years before, were going "Well, I didn't know they were going to go and do THAT, did I?"

Consequently, I'm not so sure about voting for this lot.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14926
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Kes wrote:My belief is that in the mid thirties in Germany, a similar party came to power, all focused around the core values and interests of self nationalism. Ten years later, half of Europe was destroyed, eleven million people had been processed through death camps, and most of the people who'd voted them in ten years before, were going "Well, I didn't know they were going to go and do THAT, did I?"

Consequently, I'm not so sure about voting for this lot.


I know; it is a similarity that many like to put forward - but I think it is one with no substance, myself. I cannot equate UKIP to the Nazi Party in any sense. For me, this is about standing up for one's country and being allowed to express patriotism (something we have not done for years).

Many will play the race card with UKIP (I am not saying you, btw) - it is a low and easy shot. But this is not about colour; it is more about cultural differences, and it is about time this country got its balls back. I am sick to death, personally, of being made to feel racist should I ever dare to say I want to put this country first. We have become a nation of weak PC twats.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Elessar wrote:It's absolutely incredible that in 2014 fox-hunting is still an election issue. It's terrifying that there are thousands of people who will pick a party based on their fox-hunting stance, and depressing that so many people want to bring it back.


Well, for those of us who feel so strongly about such issues, it makes all the difference when thinking about who to vote for.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby JLP » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:19 pm

During the run in to the election, my local BBC tation reported from Boston in Lincolnshire where UKIP campaigned vigorously due to the influx of people from Eastern Europe. Some c*nt was interviewed and started with the comment"I am not racist but" and then proceeded to complain about people from Poland et al. Farage made racist remarks about Romanians. Without a doubt UKIP ran their campaign on racist issues, never a word about other policies. If indeed they have any.

The only good thing is they demolished the BNP.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11422
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:31 pm

JLP wrote:During the run in to the election, my local BBC tation reported from Boston in Lincolnshire where UKIP campaigned vigorously due to the influx of people from Eastern Europe. Some c*nt was interviewed and started with the comment"I am not racist but" and then proceeded to complain about people from Poland et al. Farage made racist remarks about Romanians. Without a doubt UKIP ran their campaign on racist issues, never a word about other policies. If indeed they have any.

The only good thing is they demolished the BNP.


Hmmm...depends what one classes as racism. I, for example, would never judge another because of the colour of their skin, etc., but I do think this country is ridiculously soft with regards to immigration.

I don't give a fuck what colour a person is, as long as they make a contribution to this country, learn the language, and respect our ways and our laws.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby JLP » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:00 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:During the run in to the election, my local BBC tation reported from Boston in Lincolnshire where UKIP campaigned vigorously due to the influx of people from Eastern Europe. Some c*nt was interviewed and started with the comment"I am not racist but" and then proceeded to complain about people from Poland et al. Farage made racist remarks about Romanians. Without a doubt UKIP ran their campaign on racist issues, never a word about other policies. If indeed they have any.

The only good thing is they demolished the BNP.


Hmmm...depends what one classes as racism. I, for example, would never judge another because of the colour of their skin, etc., but I do think this country is ridiculously soft with regards to immigration.

I don't give a fuck what colour a person is, as long as they make a contribution to this country, learn the language, and respect our ways and our laws.


Well one of the UKIP arguments is that Eastern Europeans are coming here and taking our jobs. Surely if they are working, they are contributing?

There are quite a few Poles work in the hospitals I work at. All of them work diligently and tend to be quite polite.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11422
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby play it cool » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:53 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:It's absolutely incredible that in 2014 fox-hunting is still an election issue. It's terrifying that there are thousands of people who will pick a party based on their fox-hunting stance, and depressing that so many people want to bring it back.


Well, for those of us who feel so strongly about such issues, it makes all the difference when thinking about who to vote for.


I'm very much anti-fox hunting but hardly think it's a leading issue when it comes to party policies. What does concern me more is that such a bigoted party is appealing to so many people.
 
play it cool
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:56 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby Kes » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:06 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
Kes wrote:My belief is that in the mid thirties in Germany, a similar party came to power, all focused around the core values and interests of self nationalism. Ten years later, half of Europe was destroyed, eleven million people had been processed through death camps, and most of the people who'd voted them in ten years before, were going "Well, I didn't know they were going to go and do THAT, did I?"

Consequently, I'm not so sure about voting for this lot.


I know; it is a similarity that many like to put forward - but I think it is one with no substance, myself. I cannot equate UKIP to the Nazi Party in any sense. For me, this is about standing up for one's country and being allowed to express patriotism (something we have not done for years).

Many will play the race card with UKIP (I am not saying you, btw) - it is a low and easy shot. But this is not about colour; it is more about cultural differences, and it is about time this country got its balls back. I am sick to death, personally, of being made to feel racist should I ever dare to say I want to put this country first. We have become a nation of weak PC twats.


Twenty-twenty hindsight though, isn't it? We can easily look back on Germany's National Socialist Party now, and have a view on what they might have been like in the early thirties. The truth is that to get voted in, there must have been something attractive about them in a time when there was a definite economic squeeze on a lot of the voting public.

We all know the people in power can do a shitload of damage, without necessarily being sinister in the process, just look at Gordon Brown's brief period in charge.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14926
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby fairydandy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:38 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:A question for UK fans: what are your views on UKIP.

Personally, I was considering voting for them until I saw their stance on fox hunting. I like Nigel Farage and I agree with many of their core beliefs (especially putting Britain first), but just cannot vote for someone that wants to bring back fucking fox hunting.


I would never vote for them, but he's serving a purpose at this moment in time. It has been so obvious to so many of us, for so long, that our country is being taken away from us, not just by Eastern Europeans, but by Muslim communities and by the most serious threat of all; political correctness. We allow everyone the right to retain their culture, whilst having no say at all in how ours is protected...scared of our own shadows in case someone uses the 'racist' word.

Personally, I don't want to see Muslim women walking the streets with bags over their heads, this isn't Afghanistan, this is England and it's not our way. If people think I am racist for thinking that, then I'm racist. I don't like it and I never will. By way of balance, I don't like white, benefit class, legging clad sluts or chav, scally boys in trakkies either (athough some of them are cute to look at) :P .
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8696
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 436 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby JLP » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Some valid points are being made but us Brits are hardly angels at settling in and adopting other cultures when we go and live abroad. Costa del Crime is a very good example.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11422
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:27 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Hmmm...depends what one classes as racism. I, for example, would never judge another because of the colour of their skin, etc., but I do think this country is ridiculously soft with regards to immigration.

I don't give a fuck what colour a person is, as long as they make a contribution to this country, learn the language, and respect our ways and our laws.


Well one of the UKIP arguments is that Eastern Europeans are coming here and taking our jobs. Surely if they are working, they are contributing?

There are quite a few Poles work in the hospitals I work at. All of them work diligently and tend to be quite polite.


Oh, I have nothing against people of any race coming here to work; but as long as they learn the language and respect our way of life/laws. Personally, I have worked alongside several Polish folk and have always found them to be courteous and hardworking.

My main gripe is those that come here because we are a soft touch. My bigger gripe is those that come here and then try and dictate how we should live in our own country (I know this is a small number of people, but they get away with it because we are a weak and soft country now).

Farage is not my favourite person in any shape or form, but what he has done is shake things up a little - and that can only be a good thing I feel. And I do not believe - for one second - that he is racist. But he does have balls - something the rest of 'em lack (just look at that wet rag Milliband - fucking embarrassment!).
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby JLP » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:55 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Hmmm...depends what one classes as racism. I, for example, would never judge another because of the colour of their skin, etc., but I do think this country is ridiculously soft with regards to immigration.

I don't give a fuck what colour a person is, as long as they make a contribution to this country, learn the language, and respect our ways and our laws.


Well one of the UKIP arguments is that Eastern Europeans are coming here and taking our jobs. Surely if they are working, they are contributing?

There are quite a few Poles work in the hospitals I work at. All of them work diligently and tend to be quite polite.


Oh, I have nothing against people of any race coming here to work; but as long as they learn the language and respect our way of life/laws. Personally, I have worked alongside several Polish folk and have always found them to be courteous and hardworking.

My main gripe is those that come here because we are a soft touch. My bigger gripe is those that come here and then try and dictate how we should live in our own country (I know this is a small number of people, but they get away with it because we are a weak and soft country now).

Farage is not my favourite person in any shape or form, but what he has done is shake things up a little - and that can only be a good thing I feel. And I do not believe - for one second - that he is racist. But he does have balls - something the rest of 'em lack (just look at that wet rag Milliband - fucking embarrassment!).


He might not be but his parties policies are racist. As are many of it's councillors.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11422
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:10 pm

play it cool wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Well, for those of us who feel so strongly about such issues, it makes all the difference when thinking about who to vote for.


I'm very much anti-fox hunting but hardly think it's a leading issue when it comes to party policies. What does concern me more is that such a bigoted party is appealing to so many people.


Well, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I, along with many others (Brian included) DO think that it is a leading issue. UKIP could be the best party on earth and I would not vote for them if they intended to bring back blood sports of any kind.

UKIP appeals to so many people because it is not seen as a 'bigoted' party by everyone (the BNP was a bigoted party, for example). And, many, myself included, do not believe that Nigel Farage is racist in any shape or form.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Next

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests