UKIP Anyone?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:31 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Well, I think anyone with any form of intelligence knows that UKIP don't stand a chance of coming to power. Of course they won't. But they have shown voters what a weak bunch of tossers the other parties are. And that is a good thing.

It could be seen as a protest vote of course. Which in some way it was. The Euro elections tend to do that. Last time round the BNP got a handful of MEPs. I doubt their vote will be as high next year. I am sure Tory, Labour and Lib-Dem voters will be loyal as they will not want another party to get in.

I believe it was a combination of protest votes and votes from those that genuinely believe in UKIP.

As for Lib Dem voters - are you sure there are any left? :lol:

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby play it cool » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:27 pm

play it cool wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:
What UK parties don't put the UK first?

All of them (the major ones anyway).

What countries do Labour and the Conservatives represent?

And?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:25 pm

play it cool wrote:
play it cool wrote:

And?

You need to go to specsavers; if you read through the thread, you will see my answer. So stop all this 'and' business - demanding an answer (who the hell do you think you are?).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:20 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:
play it cool wrote:

And?

You need to go to specsavers; if you read through the thread, you will see my answer. So stop all this 'and' business - demanding an answer (who the hell do you think you are?).

You've not really thought this through have you?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby Elessar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 pm

play it cool wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:And?

I find this style of conversation interesting. You'll have seen that I do it a lot as well. Basically you keep asking questions until the person you're talking to either realises they don't know what they're talking about; or, if you ask the right questions, sometimes you can even make them realise that you're right and they're wrong.

It's a technique I encounter quite a lot in work. It can be quite satisfying. What's interesting is that when people cotton on, they get extremely defensive, much like the reply two quotes up.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:58 pm

play it cool wrote:

I can see perfectly well that you are trying to come across as patronising. I have thought my views through, yes.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Elessar wrote:
play it cool wrote:

I find this style of conversation interesting. You'll have seen that I do it a lot as well. Basically you keep asking questions until the person you're talking to either realises they don't know what they're talking about; or, if you ask the right questions, sometimes you can even make them realise that you're right and they're wrong.

It's a technique I encounter quite a lot in work. It can be quite satisfying. What's interesting is that when people cotton on, they get extremely defensive, much like the reply two quotes up.

Oh, he has done that by just using the word 'and', has he? Absolute sixth form psychology. Unfortunately, Cracker, not all human beings work the same way; therefore, this kind of questioning does not always work in the way it was intended.

I was not being defensive; I was merely asking who the hell this poster thought they were by demanding an answer from me.

Lastly, I believe in my views - stated throughout this thread.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:30 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:

I can see perfectly well that you are trying to come across as patronising.

Not at all. You've made a number of points that contain, on the surface at least, some very sweeping generalisations and obvious contradictions. I'm giving you the option of clarifying a few points which, if there was any substance to your claims, I'd expect you to do. But you are reluctant to do this, possibly because you know you can't.

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:38 pm

play it cool wrote:
Not at all. You've made a number of points that contain, on the surface at least, some very sweeping generalisations and obvious contradictions. I'm giving you the option of clarifying a few points which, if there was any substance to your claims, I'd expect you to do. But you are reluctant to do this, possibly because you know you can't.

Again, meaningless drivel dressed up as something more profound. Just get to the point.

I stated that UKIP have shaken up politics and that they will never get to power. I have stated that they seem to stand up more for this country then the other lame parties (who don't really give a toss). And I have stated that I believe Nigel Farage is not a racist.

So, come on, get to your point.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:47 pm

My point is I'm asking you to clarify a few points but you continue to refuse to do so. If it makes things easier for you I'll ask simple questions one at a time?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby Elessar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:48 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
play it cool wrote:

Oh, he has done that by just using the word 'and', has he? Absolute sixth form psychology. Unfortunately, Cracker, not all human beings work the same way; therefore, this kind of questioning does not always work in the way it was intended.

I was not being defensive; I was merely asking who the hell this poster thought they were by demanding an answer from me.

Lastly, I believe in my views - stated throughout this thread.

I didn't do psychology at school actually. Just university.

You'll note I said 'sometimes' and 'can be', which is very different to 'always'.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:49 pm

play it cool wrote:My point is I'm asking you to clarify a few points but you continue to refuse to do so. If it makes things easier for you I'll ask simple questions one at a time?

Again, you just continue to play the same old game. You are being intentionally patronising, which really shows where you are coming from here.

I don't know what you expect me to say here. I have stated my thoughts in the post above. So, ask away, big man.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:51 pm

First question. Name any instance which proves that, a) the Labour Party and b) the Conservatives, don't give a toss about this country.

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:58 pm

play it cool wrote:First question. Name any instance which proves that, a) the Labour Party and b) the Conservatives, don't give a toss about this country.

Oh, I see what you are doing here. I hope this is not the only question you are going to ask.

I can't prove it, but I live it. People around me who are in terrible financial situations because of this current government. They do not give a toss about those people. But there is not enough money to go round for these people. Why? Because of all the benefits this country gives to those who do not deserve them.

As for Labour, their immigration policy is even worse than the Conservative party. They would be even less strict; ergo, even less money for the people that should be getting it.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:01 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:

Again, meaningless drivel dressed up as something more profound. Just get to the point.

I stated that UKIP have shaken up politics and that they will never get to power. I have stated that they seem to stand up more for this country then the other lame parties (who don't really give a toss). And I have stated that I believe Nigel Farage is not a racist.

So, come on, get to your point.

but his comments about Romanians were certainly racist. The ones about a group of Romanians moving in next door. Without a doubt there are criminal elements amongst Romanian immigrants just as there are amongst every nationality, including our own native population. That is the one descended by the Norman invaders circa 1066. :P

I would be uncomfortable if a group of drug dealers moved in next door. No matter their colour, race or nationality.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World