UKIP Anyone?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Elessar wrote:
I didn't do psychology at school actually. Just university.

You'll note I said 'sometimes' and 'can be', which is very different to 'always'.

Well, it is still psychology, regardless of when you studied it. And, we are not all firm believers in this new-ish science.

I have just noted that you used the words 'sometimes' and 'can be'; but as I am not a pedantic little fuck, I don't really care.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:06 pm

JLP wrote:
but his comments about Romanians were certainly racist. The ones about a group of Romanians moving in next door. Without a doubt there are criminal elements amongst Romanian immigrants just as there are amongst every nationality, including our own native population. That is the one descended by the Norman invaders circa 1066. :P

I would be uncomfortable if a group of drug dealers moved in next door. No matter their colour, race or nationality.

Well, racist in the sense of very un-pc of him, yes. But is he a true racist? No.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:13 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:First question. Name any instance which proves that, a) the Labour Party and b) the Conservatives, don't give a toss about this country.

Oh, I see what you are doing here. I hope this is not the only question you are going to ask.

I can't prove it, but I live it. People around me who are in terrible financial situations because of this current government. They do not give a toss about those people. But there is not enough money to go round for these people. Why? Because of all the benefits this country gives to those who do not deserve them.

As for Labour, their immigration policy is even worse than the Conservative party. They would be even less strict; ergo, even less money for the people that should be getting it.

A simple 'no' would have sufficed.

Second question. Are you a vegetarian?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:17 pm

play it cool wrote:

So you are, in your clever little way (ahem), insinuating that my answer is not a valid answer. So, what is the point of asking a question of me? It is obviously not to debate in an intelligent way. So, come on, tell me where I am wrong instead of your little sentences of nothingness.

And, I kind of guessed that that would be your only true question. So predictable.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:19 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:

So you are, in your clever little way (ahem), insinuating that my answer is not a valid answer. So, what is the point of asking a question of me? It is obviously not to debate in an intelligent way. So, come on, tell me where I am wrong instead of your little sentences of nothingness.

And, I kind of guessed that that would be your only true question. So predictable.

I asked for proof, you didn't give any.

Second question. Are you a vegetarian (bear with me on this, it is relevant).

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:27 pm

play it cool wrote:

Regarding my first answer - I can't prove to you the poverty I see around me, no. Does that make my answer less valid? Er, no.

As for my statement about the Labour party being less strict on immigration than the Conservative party - as far back as I can remember this has been the case.

I am not a vegetarian, no.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:36 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:

Regarding my first answer - I can't prove to you the poverty I see around me, no. Does that make my answer less valid? Er, no.

As for my statement about the Labour party being less strict on immigration than the Conservative party - as far back as I can remember this has been the case.

I am not a vegetarian, no.

I asked for proof that both parties don't give a shit about the UK. You haven't. All countries have poverty - it's inevitable. I didn't ask about Labour being less strict on immigration.

Third question. Further to question two, do you ensure that all products of animal origin you consume, wear etc are ethically sourced; for instance do you insist all the eggs and chicken you eat is/are from free-range birds? (Again, it is relevant).

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:43 pm

play it cool wrote: I asked for proof that both parties don't give a shit about the UK. You haven't. All countries have poverty - it's inevitable. I didn't ask about Labour being less strict on immigration.

Third question. Further to question two, do you ensure that all products of animal origin you consume, wear etc are ethically sourced; for instance do you insist all the eggs and chicken you eat is/are from free-range birds? (Again, it is relevant).

And I stated that there would not be as much poverty here if we had more money (part of which is being wasted on benefits given to those that have just arrived at these shores and have no intention of working or learning the language - no, not all those that come here, obviously). Try and see my point here, if you agree or not it is quite simple.

Yes, all my eggs are free range. No, I do not check the animal products I buy to see if they are ethically sourced.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby WeeMann » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Regarding the huge flow of immigrants taking our benefits / jobs / women argument, latest figures from the ONS show that the UK population is approx 63.7 million (estimated mid 2012) and the net migration into the UK, year ending Dec 2013, is a mere 212000. That's an increase of just under 1/3 of 1%. Statistically insignificant.

I hate those workshy bastards who come over here and take our jobs.

Figures from ONS:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/taxonomy/inde ... Population

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration ... index.html
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby play it cool » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Ok thanks. Fourth question. You've got an ambivalent attitude to animal welfare when it comes to what you buy, in as much as free-range eggs are easy to source, everything else needs a lot of commitment. With this knowledge, there appears something of an inconsistency in that the one thing that stops you voting UKIP is their stance on fox hunting. Why are you so strongly against one form of animal cruelty but not of many others?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:02 pm

WeeMann wrote:Regarding the huge flow of immigrants taking our benefits / jobs / women argument, latest figures from the ONS show that the UK population is approx 63.7 million (estimated mid 2012) and the net migration into the UK, year ending Dec 2013, is a mere 212000. That's an increase of just under 1/3 of 1%. Statistically insignificant.

I hate those workshy bastards who come over here and take our jobs.

Figures from ONS:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/taxonomy/inde ... Population

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration ... index.html

Yes, that does not include illegal immigrants though.

And, I, for the record, do hate (well, dislike -hate is too strong a word for me) those who come here and are 'workshy'. I know the majority come here to better themselves and their lives and are quite happy to settle in and work, etc., but those that don't should get out. I am aware you made that statement in jest, but I mean it, and I will stand by it.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:07 pm

play it cool wrote:Ok thanks. Fourth question. You've got an ambivalent attitude to animal welfare when it comes to what you buy, in as much as free-range eggs are easy to source, everything else needs a lot of commitment. With this knowledge, there appears something of an inconsistency in that the one thing that stops you voting UKIP is their stance on fox hunting. Why are you so strongly against one form of animal cruelty but not of many others?

Because I am a human being and am fallible. But I am far from alone - you will find many like me who stand against fox hunting, etc. but still wear clothing sourced from animals.

So, because I wear leather shoes, I cannot stand against fox hunting? I have never tried to come across as perfect; I just know that I cannot vote for a party that openly supports such a barbaric sport - it sends a clear and cruel message.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:17 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:Ok thanks. Fourth question. You've got an ambivalent attitude to animal welfare when it comes to what you buy, in as much as free-range eggs are easy to source, everything else needs a lot of commitment. With this knowledge, there appears something of an inconsistency in that the one thing that stops you voting UKIP is their stance on fox hunting. Why are you so strongly against one form of animal cruelty but not of many others?

Because I am a human being and am fallible. But I am far from alone - you will find many like me who stand against fox hunting, etc. but still wear clothing sourced from animals.

So, because I wear leather shoes, I cannot stand against fox hunting? I have never tried to come across as perfect; I just know that I cannot vote for a party that openly supports such a barbaric sport - it sends a clear and cruel message.

What if UKIP said they weren't in favour of fox-hunting. Would you vote for them then?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:27 pm

play it cool wrote:
What if UKIP said they weren't in favour of fox-hunting. Would you vote for them then?

I have already stated in this thread (twice I think?) that I would not vote UKIP; I don't think they are experienced enough or have a comprehensive manifesto. I agree with certain things they have stated, and I like the fact that someone out there is thinking about this country first for a change; but I feel UKIP's job is to shake up politics in this country, not run this country.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:28 pm

The UK is full of people like this, which makes me genuinely concerned about the next election. They won't win, but they could get enough seats to be a junior coalition partner with the Tories. If you think a Tory-LibDem coalition is bad, with the Tories' policies being slightly watered down in a leftwards direction, imagine them being dragged further to the right!

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World