UKIP Anyone?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Elessar wrote:The UK is full of people like this, which makes me genuinely concerned about the next election. They won't win, but they could get enough seats to be a junior coalition partner with the Tories. If you think a Tory-LibDem coalition is bad, with the Tories' policies being slightly watered down in a leftwards direction, imagine them being dragged further to the right!

Full of people like what?

Just because people have their own views (which are not the same as yours), it doesn't make them wrong.

And things could be worse: we could one day go even further to the left. Now that would be horrendous.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Elessar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:40 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:The UK is full of people like this, which makes me genuinely concerned about the next election. They won't win, but they could get enough seats to be a junior coalition partner with the Tories. If you think a Tory-LibDem coalition is bad, with the Tories' policies being slightly watered down in a leftwards direction, imagine them being dragged further to the right!

Just because people have their own views (which are not the same as yours), it doesn't make them wrong.

And things could be worse: we could one day go even further to the left. Now that would be horrendous.

Pretty sure I didn't say they're wrong, I said they make me genuinely concerned.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

Pretty sure I didn't say they're wrong, I said they make me genuinely concerned.

Ok. Well, I feel the same about the lefties in this country. They terrify me.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:
but his comments about Romanians were certainly racist. The ones about a group of Romanians moving in next door. Without a doubt there are criminal elements amongst Romanian immigrants just as there are amongst every nationality, including our own native population. That is the one descended by the Norman invaders circa 1066. :P

I would be uncomfortable if a group of drug dealers moved in next door. No matter their colour, race or nationality.

Well, racist in the sense of very un-pc of him, yes. But is he a true racist? No.

In my opinion he is.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:34 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Well, racist in the sense of very un-pc of him, yes. But is he a true racist? No.

In my opinion he is.

Oh, I am not denying you think he is a racist - lots of people do. I, personally, do not; and I would not tolerate the man if he was.

I don't think the man is perfect by a long shot, but I like the way he comes across (most of the time) - in the sense that he doesn't play the PC card all the time and seems to speak as he finds.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Tarkus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:52 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:
but his comments about Romanians were certainly racist. The ones about a group of Romanians moving in next door. Without a doubt there are criminal elements amongst Romanian immigrants just as there are amongst every nationality, including our own native population. That is the one descended by the Norman invaders circa 1066. :P

I would be uncomfortable if a group of drug dealers moved in next door. No matter their colour, race or nationality.

http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-fara ... sm-fascism

The article wrote:Another colleague, who teaches the boy, described his publicly professed racist and neo-fascist views; and he cited a particular incident in which Farage was so offensive to a boy in his set, that he had to be removed from the lesson. This master stated his view that this behaviour was precisely why the boy should not be made a prefect. Yet another colleague described how, at a Combined Cadet Force (CCF) camp organised by the college, Farage and others had marched through a quiet Sussex village very late at night shouting Hitler-youth songs.

Tarkus

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:57 am

Tarkus wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-fara ... sm-fascism

The article wrote:Another colleague, who teaches the boy, described his publicly professed racist and neo-fascist views; and he cited a particular incident in which Farage was so offensive to a boy in his set, that he had to be removed from the lesson. This master stated his view that this behaviour was precisely why the boy should not be made a prefect. Yet another colleague described how, at a Combined Cadet Force (CCF) camp organised by the college, Farage and others had marched through a quiet Sussex village very late at night shouting Hitler-youth songs.

First concerns about this piece is that it is from C4 (always leaned politically left, although they would never admit that).

Second, from the quote you have posted, I gather this was from a period of time in Mr Farage's youth/teenage years? If so, I would not personally hold that against him (I - and many others I know - made remarks as a kid/adolescent back in the day that if viewed now could be seen as very un-PC).

If Nigel Farage did sing Hitler songs with friends al those years ago, does that make him a supporter of Hitler's views? I think definitely not.

It's funny how these things are always all so one-sided though; in the sense that he will be classed as racist, but a black rapper that speaks about fucking white bitches, etc. is not. Another example (and more specific) is when it was reported in the news a few years back that Asian gangs of men had been targeting underage white girls to rape; and the authorities were beyond incredibly slow to react because they did not want the race card thrown at them. Pathetic and wrong. But Nigel Farage -now that's a different matter altogether, because he is an easy target.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Previous

Return to Views Of The World