UKIP Anyone?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: UKIP Anyone?

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:16 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Oh, I have nothing against people of any race coming here to work; but as long as they learn the language and respect our way of life/laws. Personally, I have worked alongside several Polish folk and have always found them to be courteous and hardworking.

My main gripe is those that come here because we are a soft touch. My bigger gripe is those that come here and then try and dictate how we should live in our own country (I know this is a small number of people, but they get away with it because we are a weak and soft country now).

Farage is not my favourite person in any shape or form, but what he has done is shake things up a little - and that can only be a good thing I feel. And I do not believe - for one second - that he is racist. But he does have balls - something the rest of 'em lack (just look at that wet rag Milliband - fucking embarrassment!).

He might not be but his parties policies are racist. As are many of it's councillors.

You see, I have not seen the racism you speak of in his party policies, just common sense most of the time. I would not vote for anyone who had racist views. If you can, post some of these racist policies and I may even change my mind.

As for UKIP councillors - unfortunately, any party that stands up for its country in this way is going to attract the wrong types (and I am sure if one was to look deep enough in the tory party, one would find a few racist scumbags there too). Again, I have not seen any real evidence of racist UKIP councillors (just some left-wing anti-UKIP stuff in some newspapers); if you can point me towards the facts here, I will gladly look into them and may then change my mind completely.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby JLP » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:56 pm

The UKIP MEP who said black people should go and live in bongo bongo land? The UKIP member who said Lenny Henry should go and live in a black country? That is racism. There is homophobia too. Someone suggested the floods last winter were revenge for Cameron legalising gay marriage.

Your vote and your choice. I would not vote for a party like that though.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby icy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:00 pm

JLP wrote:The UKIP MEP who said black people should go and live in bongo bongo land? The UKIP member who said Lenny Henry should go and live in a black country? That is racism. There is homophobia too. Someone suggested the floods last winter were revenge for Cameron legalising gay marriage.

:mouth: That is messed up, and hate speech right there. I wouldn't vote for a party like that as well.
Is that party expecting to get voted in with crap throwing like that :spin:.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:13 pm

JLP wrote:The UKIP MEP who said black people should go and live in bongo bongo land? The UKIP member who said Lenny Henry should go and live in a black country? That is racism. There is homophobia too. Someone suggested the floods last winter were revenge for Cameron legalising gay marriage.

Well, I obviously do not agree with the statements you mentioned above made by a few scumbags in the party. I would not vote UKIP anyway, as I don't bother to vote at all anymore; I just think that they have shaken up politics and shown the other parties to be as soft as shite.

Of course, I do not condone homophobia or racism. But I do agree with some of their statements about putting this country first. And I do not believe that Nigel Farage is racist.

Ideally, I would like a new party to step forward now - one that actually stands up for the people in this country (without any forms of racism or homophobia or other shit like that).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:16 pm

icy wrote:

:mouth: That is messed up, and hate speech right there. I wouldn't vote for a party like that as well.

Yes, it seems a few UKIP members have acted like twats. Then again, our own Prime Minister said he would like to bring back fox hunting - so he is as bad as those mentioned above (just in a different way).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby play it cool » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:24 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Ideally, I would like a new party to step forward now - one that actually stands up for the people in this country (without any forms of racism or homophobia or other shit like that).

As opposed to all the other UK parties who actually 'stand up' for the people of other countries?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:34 pm

play it cool wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Ideally, I would like a new party to step forward now - one that actually stands up for the people in this country (without any forms of racism or homophobia or other shit like that).

As opposed to all the other UK parties who actually 'stand up' for the people of other countries?

As opposed to the other parties that don't put our country first. Wimps, the lot of 'em.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:01 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:

Yes, it seems a few UKIP members have acted like twats. Then again, our own Prime Minister said he would like to bring back fox hunting - so he is as bad as those mentioned above (just in a different way).

You know my thoughts on hunting, we've discussed it before. I couldn't imagine voting for a party who makes hateful comments such as the ones JLP pointed out. If this party won, where would it start and end...I dread to think about it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby play it cool » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:06 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:

As opposed to the other parties that don't put our country first. Wimps, the lot of 'em.

What UK parties don't put the UK first?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:13 pm

There is more chance of me being in the front row at every gig on the upcoming tour that UKIP getting elected as the UK's biggest party in a general election.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:26 pm

play it cool wrote:

All of them (the major ones anyway).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:28 pm

JLP wrote:There is more chance of me being in the front row at every gig on the upcoming tour that UKIP getting elected as the UK's biggest party in a general election.

Well, I think anyone with any form of intelligence knows that UKIP don't stand a chance of coming to power. Of course they won't. But they have shown voters what a weak bunch of tossers the other parties are. And that is a good thing.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:32 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:There is more chance of me being in the front row at every gig on the upcoming tour that UKIP getting elected as the UK's biggest party in a general election.

Well, I think anyone with any form of intelligence knows that UKIP don't stand a chance of coming to power. Of course they won't. But they have shown voters what a weak bunch of tossers the other parties are. And that is a good thing.

It could be seen as a protest vote of course. Which in some way it was. The Euro elections tend to do that. Last time round the BNP got a handful of MEPs. I doubt their vote will be as high next year. I am sure Tory, Labour and Lib-Dem voters will be loyal as they will not want another party to get in.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby play it cool » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:20 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
play it cool wrote:

All of them (the major ones anyway).

What countries do Labour and the Conservatives represent?

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:27 pm

play it cool wrote:

What countries do Labour and the Conservatives represent?

Not the UK, that's for sure.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World