Try Veganism

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Try Veganism

Postby YAFF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:31 pm

phpBB [video]
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:14 am

something wrong with this picture

"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:33 pm

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:03 pm

THE DARKNESS Frontman 'Sings' Praises Of Vegan Eating In New PETA Video
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-da ... eta-video/

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:20 am

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 am

I don't eat turkey. Don't like it. Nobody in the house likes it.
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby icy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:49 am

My family loves turkey. I didn't cook it in the last couple of years, I hope to try another option this year maybe, depends on how things go. I don't plan on eating turkey, chicken or ham again. I haven't ate it in ages, but I don't miss it, but the flavourings is included in many snack foods, and that's the worst.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:32 am

A lot of meat-flavoured snacks don’t actually contain any animal products. The vast majority of meat-flavoured crisps are suitable for vegetarians, as are even Pot Noodles! I could swear Pot Noodles have big chunks of beef in them, but apparently not.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:13 am

Roger wrote:A lot of meat-flavoured snacks don’t actually contain any animal products. The vast majority of meat-flavoured crisps are suitable for vegetarians, as are even Pot Noodles! I could swear Pot Noodles have big chunks of beef in them, but apparently not.

Over here snacks without meat and milk products are hard to find, and when found more cost than the normal snack products if that makes sense.
It costs alot to stay vegetarian and vegan as I've found out. Honestly, it's difficult right now, temptation is everywhere at this time of year.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:24 am

I eat meat or fish every day, once a day and I have yogurt twice a day and none of this is going to stop me. Good night. :P
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:47 am

icy wrote:
Roger wrote:A lot of meat-flavoured snacks don’t actually contain any animal products. The vast majority of meat-flavoured crisps are suitable for vegetarians, as are even Pot Noodles! I could swear Pot Noodles have big chunks of beef in them, but apparently not.

Over here snacks without meat and milk products are hard to find, and when found more cost than the normal snack products if that makes sense.
It costs alot to stay vegetarian and vegan as I've found out. Honestly, it's difficult right now, temptation is everywhere at this time of year.

Oh yeah, going vegan is significantly harder than going vegetarian! And going vegetarian is harder than going pescetarian, which is basically for people who want to pretend they’re being good people but are basically the same as full-blown carnivores :P

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 am

Roger wrote:
icy wrote:

Oh yeah, going vegan is significantly harder than going vegetarian! And going vegetarian is harder than going pescetarian, which is basically for people who want to pretend they’re being good people but are basically the same as full-blown carnivores :P

I came so close to being a vegetarian a few years back. If not for chicken and turkey during holidays such as Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, I probably would have been able to cut meat out completely. Again, though, the meat products/flavouring is in snack foods I liked to eat, and that's harder for me to cut out. I slipped a couple times this year, I have not prefected a vegan style gravy just yet. If I can do that, t will be easier. Same goes for milk, I can cut myself off from drinking milk, but my favorite candy has milk in the ingredients.
Speaking of cost, I don't know if you have noticed in the UK, a question for you now. Is vegetarian and vegan food more expensive than regular food?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:39 am

I haven’t eaten meat since January, but I’m a pretty bad vegetarian (sorry, peseceatarin - pathetic). I haven’t started getting vegetarian food, I’ve just eliminated meat. So basically there’s no price difference at all.

Roger
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:39 pm

icy wrote:

My family loves turkey. I didn't cook it in the last couple of years, I hope to try another option this year maybe, depends on how things go. I don't plan on eating turkey, chicken or ham again. I haven't ate it in ages, but I don't miss it, but the flavourings is included in many snack foods, and that's the worst.

There are several vegan "turkey" options that are quite good. Not Tofurky but Gardein and Field Roast ones are delish

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby YAFF » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Innuendoes wrote:I eat meat or fish every day, once a day and I have yogurt twice a day and none of this is going to stop me. Good night. :P

So why post that here? Please, I beg you, just keep it to yourself rather than embolden others to do what you choose to do. You were not addressed personally so why inject this here? It feels no different than someone typing "bacon!" when someone shows a cute photo of a pig. If you feel defensive or even guilty by my vegan posts please just ignore them, k? I am not judging you at all. I like you. When it comes to animal welfare I'm hardcore though. It pains me so much. We've had this discussion before. I know you have a good heart.
Last edited by YAFF on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World