The homeopathy challenge

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

The homeopathy challenge

Postby Zappanalé » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:15 am

Remember that thread I made about my friend who said she'd give me a psychic reading?
Also remember how I said she was into homeopathy?

Well, now I'm doing the homeopathy challenge to shut her up.
I'm letting her choice the pills and how to take them.

Let's see how this goes.

Zappanalé
We Will Rock You

Re: The homeopathy challenge

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:21 am

<sigh>

It only works if you're actually ill! It won't have an effect if you don't have the condition it treats! You can't overdose (obviously), but unless you have the condition it treats, it can't have an effect on you. Everyone knows that! :roll:

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Dusty » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:42 am

The cat was brown, I tell you. And cold. Don't forget cold.

Dusty

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Doesn't sound like a friend actually if your on here ragging on her all the time.

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:52 pm

You don't have to share the same views to be friends. Sometimes it's great fun having a banter about a subject that you'd be violently arguing about if it was anyone else

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Zappanalé » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Well, it's happening in October, she insists she gives me the pills personally (ok), she watches me take them (ok) and that she sticks around to see the effects (ok).

I asked her what side effects I should expect. She said there are none. There are no effects, either.

Zappanalé
We Will Rock You

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Is it part of a strange sex fetish game? (I'll dilute your solution, etc.)

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:59 pm

AutumnGirlLybbie wrote:Doesn't sound like a friend actually if your on here ragging on her all the time.

If she knows he's a sceptic, as she must do to be challenging him, then it's not really ragging on anyone for him to tell us he's doing it.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Elessar wrote:You don't have to share the same views to be friends. Sometimes it's great fun having a banter about a subject that you'd be violently arguing about if it was anyone else

No but it doesn't sound like they share any views! LOL!

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby JLP » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:51 pm

I wouldn't take any pills unless I knew what they were. Homeopath or no homeopath. :P
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:13 pm

AutumnGirlLybbie wrote:
Elessar wrote:You don't have to share the same views to be friends. Sometimes it's great fun having a banter about a subject that you'd be violently arguing about if it was anyone else

That's sometimes fine though. I personally would struggle to form a close friendship with someone that I disagreed regularly with, but I know people who are best friends despite having completely polarised views on things. I guess that as long as your views don't actually define you as a human, it's possible to put them aside completely when necessary.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:55 am

Elessar wrote:
AutumnGirlLybbie wrote:

That's sometimes fine though. I personally would struggle to form a close friendship with someone that I disagreed regularly with, but I know people who are best friends despite having completely polarised views on things. I guess that as long as your views don't actually define you as a human, it's possible to put them aside completely when necessary.

I don't think its possible really. I have a friend and we used to be good friends. Then when the 2004 Presidental election rolled around we got into a huge fight. We got over it and we still talk . But not nearly like we used to, its all small talk now. How's your kids? fine. How's yours? fine. We can't be completely honest with each other anymore because politics and religion always influence so much of what there is to talk about.

AutumnGirlLybbie

Postby Belle Leisha » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:45 am

They don't have to though, some opposing views cause real conflict, others shouldn't so much. Like if you're a particularly liberal minded person, you're probably going to struggle to befriend or stay friends with someone of very conservative or right wing views. If you're a sceptic though, and you know someone who believes in crystal healing, I mean that's harming no one, it might absolutely baffle you, but it shouldn't really harm a friendship. I have an absolute athiest, scientist friend who believes in astral travel. On so many levels, I disagree with him, but it doesn't matter, because his views don't affect the way he treats people and neither do mine. The same is not normally true with things like politics, but in the case of homeopathy, it's not something over which it'd be worth losing a friendship.
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby Zappanalé » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:51 am

Hey.

Hey.

Hey.

Back on fucking topic.

Zappanalé
We Will Rock You

Postby AutumnGirlLybbie » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:They don't have to though, some opposing views cause real conflict, others shouldn't so much. Like if you're a particularly liberal minded person, you're probably going to struggle to befriend or stay friends with someone of very conservative or right wing views. If you're a sceptic though, and you know someone who believes in crystal healing, I mean that's harming no one, it might absolutely baffle you, but it shouldn't really harm a friendship. I have an absolute athiest, scientist friend who believes in astral travel. On so many levels, I disagree with him, but it doesn't matter, because his views don't affect the way he treats people and neither do mine. The same is not normally true with things like politics, but in the case of homeopathy, it's not something over which it'd be worth losing a friendship.

Really? Theres a few on here who get really mad and go off when things like that are said about homeopathy. You really think they could be friends with someone who believes in it and uses it? Because all I've ever said is live and let live about it and believe me, these people want nothing to do with ever being friends with me!

AutumnGirlLybbie

Next

Return to Views Of The World