What comes after this life ?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: What comes after this life ?

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:35 pm

TheHero wrote:Anybody found out ?

It is so weird to think about it.. life is so short, and no one really knows what we are doing here, apart from
staying alive and trying our best to live a good life, against all odds.

I am still very shocked when I start thinking about what is really going on.. ?

I understand that I was the one being born because I came first in the race .. but I still don't know why I was born.
What was the point? Why did I rush so fast to be born when I did not know what life was ? And where was I before I was born, the last billion years or so ?
And where were you ? :)

The crazy thing is that people live 80 years, and then they are gone for billions of years. . I mean. .billions of years?
How weird isn't that ? I mean. . It is a long time to be gone for an eternity. .. but how can we sense time when we are dead?

This is more crazy than the craziest sci fi movie. . And still this is reality as far as I know..

Is this the real life, is this just fantasy? It is a really good question. .

When Newton was around, when they built the pyramids, where were you guys? And where was I ?
I can not remember that I waited for billions of years to finally be born.. according to logic I will not remember how long
I will be dead because I was already dead before I was born.. And I can not remember a thing from that period ..

Does this prove that time is relative? When billions of years feel like nothing, then I wonder if time really
exsists at all.. or is time an illusion of reality. Is time confusing us and blinding us ? Is past, present and future happening now?

This is one question that will not be fully answered by anyone. Ever. No one knows what will happen to any of us when we fuck off out of here, but I hope there is something.

And science will certainly never answer this question (although scientists like to think they know it all).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Simon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:10 am

musicalprostitute wrote: (although scientists like to think they know it all).

Then you obviously have no idea what science is. True science only claims to know that what can be proven. And if something is disproved you no longer believe in that and accept that you did not really know "it".
This is in direct opposition to "faith" which is, as Bill Maher beautifully puts it, the "purposeful suspension of critical thinking."
Years ago, Brian May was asked whether he is a religious man. I liked his answer: He stated that, since he is a scientist, he ought to be an agnostic because the existence or non-existence of God hasn't been proven. But he continued that he believes there is something out there. (If I remember correctly anyway. It rubbed me the wrong way that he always mentioned "god" at the end of '39 during the 2005 shows).
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Simon wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote: (although scientists like to think they know it all).

Then you obviously have no idea what science is. True science only claims to know that what can be proven. And if something is disproved you no longer believe in that and accept that you did not really know "it".
This is in direct opposition to "faith" which is, as Bill Maher beautifully puts it, the "purposeful suspension of critical thinking."
Years ago, Brian May was asked whether he is a religious man. I liked his answer: He stated that, since he is a scientist, he ought to be an agnostic because the existence or non-existence of God hasn't been proven. But he continued that he believes there is something out there. (If I remember correctly anyway. It rubbed me the wrong way that he always mentioned "god" at the end of '39 during the 2005 shows).

No, you are wrong; I know what science is, thank you all the same. I just do not hold as much faith in some of it as others do.

As for religion, I have no time for that whatsoever.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:26 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
No, you are wrong; I know what science is, thank you all the same. I just do not hold as much faith in some of it as others do.

But science isn't something that requires faith, like most religions do. And if a scientist ever thinks they 'know it all', they're not being very scientific...

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:45 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

But science isn't something that requires faith, like most religions do. And if a scientist ever thinks they 'know it all', they're not being very scientific...

No argument there, KOR.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Previous

Return to Views Of The World