Jesus

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Jesus

Postby Elessar » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:57 am

Innuendoes wrote:I'll have a look at your video when I come back from church, Weemann. Don't forget - the bible was written by humans over numerous years, 100s. There is always room for errors when you are dealing with humans.

And not to you but anyone else, the Catholics don't worship Mary like you think you know we do. Enough Catholic bashing, please...

I was raised Catholic. They do. At least Roman Catholics in the UK and Ireland do. A Virgin Mary statue is a staple part of any Catholic Irish pub to remind the filthy Prods that they're not welcome.
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:02 am

Elessar wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I'll have a look at your video when I come back from church, Weemann. Don't forget - the bible was written by humans over numerous years, 100s. There is always room for errors when you are dealing with humans.

And not to you but anyone else, the Catholics don't worship Mary like you think you know we do. Enough Catholic bashing, please...

I was raised Catholic. They do. At least Roman Catholics in the UK and Ireland do. A Virgin Mary statue is a staple part of any Catholic Irish pub to remind the filthy Prods that they're not welcome.

I was born, raised and am still Catholic. There are no saint statues in any bars, at least for the purpose you are talking about. If someone wants to go out and buy one and put it in their bar, that's their decision and certainly not the church's.

And in all the parishes I have been a member of, no one worships Mary. In fact, one of our priests had that misnomer as part of his homily last weekend.
Yeah, I'm lost in the night
The icy wind is howling out your name
The moon has gone behind the cloud again
And I can't stand to live another day
'Cause my bluebird went away

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Elessar » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:08 am

Innuendoes wrote:
Elessar wrote:I was raised Catholic. They do. At least Roman Catholics in the UK and Ireland do. A Virgin Mary statue is a staple part of any Catholic Irish pub to remind the filthy Prods that they're not welcome.

I was born, raised and am still Catholic. There are no saint statues in any bars, at least for the purpose you are talking about. If someone wants to go out and buy one and put it in their bar, that's their decision and certainly not the church's.

And in all the parishes I have been a member of, no one worships Mary. In fact, one of our priests had that misnomer as part of his homily last weekend.

Find an Irish bar and I bet you there's a Virgin Mary statue somewhere. Obviously it's nothing to do with the church itself though.
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:45 am

ancient wall paintings have been found, from the time jesus was still alive, or just a couple of years after he died, depicting mary magdalene at his right hand.

recently an ancient text was found, telling of jesus and magdalene entering a village in a carriage, as the sun god helios and his wife who symbolized the moon. they were equally worshipped according to the text. the text was also censored, since someone ripped off a piece.

there have been eons of inquisition and censor by the church, which shaped and twisted the bible. that's why archaeology is needed in reconstructing the truth. the church is to blame, they made us hate women as vile beings for centuries.

i believe god created the universe. i also believe he sent a messenger to earth in the person of jesus, but his life and teachings have been dramatically twisted by the church.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:50 am

the letters of paul, go against everything we know about jesus' life (recent archaeological / historical discoveries). paul was against sexuality and was cautiaus of women, while jesus himself was married.

i think we should just forget about paul's teachings. he's a false prophet created by satan

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:57 am

YAFF wrote:
action wrote:we now know that Jesus, for sure was married to mary magdalene, and that the catholic church has censored this aspect for years. they did this to de-sexualise christianity, to demonise sexuality. while it seems, Jesus teachings had marriage and the love for your wife, at its core. Jesus was seen as "helios", the sun god when he was still alive (hence the depictions with rays coming from his head), and his wife mary symbolized the moon. she was depicted and worshipped as the bee queen, symbol of life.

Jesus had a brother. his real father was a roman soldier named Pantera. pantera's grave was recently excavated.

:roll: The vast majority of Biblical scholars disagree with everything in your latest transparent bait post. Someone needs to take away your Internet. I want the 30 seconds it took me to read your post back

that's because they are biblical scholars. there is smoking gun archaeological proof to the contrary. do more research, like i did. and then you may want to apologize for your snidey remarks

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby WeeMann » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:40 am

Innuendoes wrote:
WeeMann wrote:Evidence that the Bible contradicts itself (it's worth sticking with):

phpBB [video]

OK, Comedy Central in the opening of the video killed it. Not going to waste my time watching that.

Why not? Can a comedian not raise a valid point?
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby action » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:21 am

according to the bible, women are vile and sexuality is demonised.

but the whole universe is created in such way as to make life happen, and life can only reproduce by sexuality and attraction.

woman have a large role in reproduction, since they are carrying a child for 9 months. men only need to load off their seed and their job is done, so to speak. why demonise women? it's the stupidity and arrogance of mankind that twisted the truth

it is therefore completely illogical that any god, would see sexuality as a vile dangerous issue. i'd rather think a god would only encourage sexuality. that's why mary magdalene was depicted as the bee queen, symbol of life and reproduction. "did you know about the flowers and the bees?" is a well known statement even to this day, and it has a sexual meaning.

the false apostle paul preached the contrary to all of this. not only did he violate everything jesus stood for, he also went against the fundamental laws of our whole universe. as far as we can see, planets contain life and on every one of them, life reproduces by having sex. the universe is one big sex house.

look at the famous ceiling painting on the sistine chapel. it depicts an image of adam and eve:

eve was just about to suck adam's dick. michelangelo has put many hidden codes in his work, using ancient forbidden knowledge of the true meaning of the bible. it was made in the midtst of the inquisition, so he needed to use subtle hints.

the proof is out there, you just need to look it up for yourself

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:44 am

WeeMann wrote:

Why not? Can a comedian not raise a valid point?

Valid point or not, that was pretty damn funny :lol:

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby YAFF » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:21 pm

action wrote:
that's because they are biblical scholars. there is smoking gun archaeological proof to the contrary. do more research, like i did. and then you may want to apologize for your snidey remarks

I have done all the research. Not just Internet "research" as you have. This is why I know you are just parroting discredited, fringe bullshit. What "smoking gun"? Please enlighten me. :roll: You're embarrassing yourself (again). You're spouting "kid's stuff" in comparison to real Biblical research and scholarship.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby YAFF » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:25 pm

action wrote:eve was just about to suck adam's dick. michelangelo has put many hidden codes in his work, using ancient forbidden knowledge of the true meaning of the bible. it was made in the midtst of the inquisition, so he needed to use subtle hints.

the proof is out there, you just need to look it up for yourself

:lol: What decade did Michelangelo live again?
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:30 pm

I'd guess the 1980's

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, wasn't it?
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby YAFF » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:35 pm

action wrote:ancient wall paintings have been found, from the time jesus was still alive, or just a couple of years after he died, depicting mary magdalene at his right hand.

recently an ancient text was found, telling of jesus and magdalene entering a village in a carriage, as the sun god helios and his wife who symbolized the moon. they were equally worshipped according to the text. the text was also censored, since someone ripped off a piece.

there have been eons of inquisition and censor by the church, which shaped and twisted the bible. that's why archaeology is needed in reconstructing the truth. the church is to blame, they made us hate women as vile beings for centuries.

i believe god created the universe. i also believe he sent a messenger to earth in the person of jesus, but his life and teachings have been dramatically twisted by the church.

...show your work. Links? Evidence?

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Someone read the Da Vinci Code lately, maybe.....:lol:

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby action » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:58 pm

YAFF wrote:
action wrote:ancient wall paintings have been found, from the time jesus was still alive, or just a couple of years after he died, depicting mary magdalene at his right hand.

...show your work. Links? Evidence?

my work? lolwut. this is not a scientific paper. no links / evidence is needed whatsoever. you can chose to comment on my argument, or you don't. that's as far as your competence goes.

the day i publish an article in national geographic, you can ask me for evidence. until then, you look kind of foolish.

i'm a READER of national geographic, not a writer. i can comment on what i read / see. missed the last issue? the joke's on you then. your chance comes when they repeat the broadcast.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World