Jesus

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Jesus

Postby action » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:32 pm

we now know that Jesus, for sure was married to mary magdalene, and that the catholic church has censored this aspect for years. they did this to de-sexualise christianity, to demonise sexuality. while it seems, Jesus teachings had marriage and the love for your wife, at its core. Jesus was seen as "helios", the sun god when he was still alive (hence the depictions with rays coming from his head), and his wife mary symbolized the moon. she was depicted and worshipped as the bee queen, symbol of life.

Jesus had a brother. his real father was a roman soldier named Pantera. pantera's grave was recently excavated.

Jesus was crucifixed on an X-cross, not the classical cross we see on catholic depictions.

what is certain, is we have been lied to by the catholic church, who have committed huge sacrilege to the true teachings and image of Jesus. so much was covered up, censored, that it boggles the mind why the church still has any relevancy.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, muss man schweigen.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I want the truth

Re: Jesus

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Don't pretty much all Christian denominations teach just about the same things about Jesus, though?

I guess my point is if it's a lie, it's not just the Catholics that are lying about it.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby julymorning » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:56 pm

action wrote:we now know that Jesus, for sure was married to mary magdalene, and that the catholic church has censored this aspect for years. they did this to de-sexualise christianity, to demonise sexuality. while it seems, Jesus teachings had marriage and the love for your wife, at its core. Jesus was seen as "helios", the sun god when he was still alive (hence the depictions with rays coming from his head), and his wife mary symbolized the moon. she was depicted and worshipped as the bee queen, symbol of life.

Jesus had a brother. his real father was a roman soldier named Pantera. pantera's grave was recently excavated.

Jesus was crucifixed on an X-cross, not the classical cross we see on catholic depictions.

what is certain, is we have been lied to by the catholic church, who have committed huge sacrilege to the true teachings and image of Jesus. so much was covered up, censored, that it boggles the mind why the church still has any relevancy.

We know that for sure, do we? Who's "we"? I'll wager there is a few million or so that would disagree that point.
The "rays" shown coming out of Jesus' head is artist's rendition of the light Jesus 'radiates'. "Light" is synonymous with "truth" and Jesus reflects that of his Father. He is said to be the "light of the world".
The Mary that is worshipped (falsely, I might add) and is attributed as a symbol of life is Jesus' mother Mary, not Mary Magdalene.

Jesus had 3 brothers, if I remember correctly. His Father was Joseph, although it was not his "seed" or sperm, that gave life to Jesus. It wasn't a soldier named Pantera, or anyone else earthly.

I think it's hilarious that there are so much effort put into discrediting the words of the Bible. The Catholic church does it too, as does all of Christendom. And yet it survives in spite of bannings, burnings and neglect.

Action, I like you. I think you're pretty dang intelligent and seem to have your head on straight. What's up with all these topics that seem be looking for some fairly serious "How and Why" answers. You aren't just trying to stir up controversy, are you?
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby YAFF » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:20 pm

action wrote:we now know that Jesus, for sure was married to mary magdalene, and that the catholic church has censored this aspect for years. they did this to de-sexualise christianity, to demonise sexuality. while it seems, Jesus teachings had marriage and the love for your wife, at its core. Jesus was seen as "helios", the sun god when he was still alive (hence the depictions with rays coming from his head), and his wife mary symbolized the moon. she was depicted and worshipped as the bee queen, symbol of life.

:roll: The vast majority of Biblical scholars disagree with everything in your latest transparent bait post. Someone needs to take away your Internet. I want the 30 seconds it took me to read your post back
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby YAFF » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:23 pm

julymorning wrote:
Action, I like you. I think you're pretty dang intelligent and seem to have your head on straight. What's up with all these topics that seem be looking for some fairly serious "How and Why" answers. You aren't just trying to stir up controversy, are you?

Except for the "dang intelligent" part I agree with your post. ;) He is desperate for attention. Poor baby. :duel:
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:14 pm

"Your father was a Roman Centurian. Naughtius Maximus his name was. Mmm...Promised me the known world he did. I was to be taken to Rome, housed by the forum. Slaves, asses milk, ....as much gold as I could eat!

Then he, having his way with me, was VOOM. Like a rat out of an aquaduct."
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby WeeMann » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:50 pm

Evidence that the Bible contradicts itself (it's worth sticking with):

phpBB [video]
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby Innuendoes » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:53 pm

I'll have a look at your video when I come back from church, Weemann. Don't forget - the bible was written by humans over numerous years, 100s. There is always room for errors when you are dealing with humans.

And not to you but anyone else, the Catholics don't worship Mary like you think you know we do. Enough Catholic bashing, please...
I'm lost in the night
The icy wind is howling out your name
And desolation lingers like a fog
The fire is growing dimmer with the wind

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby julymorning » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Innuendoes wrote:I'll have a look at your video when I come back from church, Weemann. Don't forget - the bible was written by humans over numerous years, 100s. There is always room for errors when you are dealing with humans.

And not to you but anyone else, the Catholics don't worship Mary like you think you know we do. Enough Catholic bashing, please...

My apologies. Do Catholics Worship Mary? - Patheos | Hosting...
http://www.patheos.com › … › Standing on my Head

My error is due to ignorance of what Catholics really believe and practice, and why. The few very vocal/active Catholics I have known well in my life said and did things that gave weight to this often misconstrued idea I share(d) with others.

I did not consider it bashing, any more than I would accuse you of such if you were to unfairly criticize a religious practice that I might have.

ETA, don't you think you could have made your point in a nicer way? Or just said "Your thinking is wrong.". Saying "like you think you know we do" is filled with so much venom and attack of me knowing my own mind. I'm kind of taken aback at it. :shock:
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:30 am

Maybe if you went to a legit website instead of a mish mash of "tell all about all religions" place on the net, you would find out the truth.

1. Our song, sung at every mass.

Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to people of good will.

We praise you,
we bless you,
we adore you,
we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, Heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father.

Lord Jesus Christ, Only Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father,
You take away the sin of the world,
have mercy on us;
You take away the sin of the world,
receive our prayer;
You are seated at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy on us.

For you alone are the Holy One;
you alone are the Lord.
You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ,

with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God, the Father.
Amen

There is a difference between worshiping and having devotion towards someone.

Mary is the 1st saint and the chosen woman to bear Christ Jesus as her child and she brought him into the world, chosen by God. There is devotion towards her, not worship. She is neither a god, nor worshiped.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Feature ... orship.asp
I'm lost in the night

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:32 am

julymorning wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I'll have a look at your video when I come back from church, Weemann. Don't forget - the bible was written by humans over numerous years, 100s. There is always room for errors when you are dealing with humans.

My apologies. Do Catholics Worship Mary? - Patheos | Hosting...
http://www.patheos.com › … › Standing on my Head

My error is due to ignorance of what Catholics really believe and practice, and why. The few very vocal/active Catholics I have known well in my life said and did things that gave weight to this often misconstrued idea I share(d) with others.

I did not consider it bashing, any more than I would accuse you of such if you were to unfairly criticize a religious practice that I might have.

ETA, don't you think you could have made your point in a nicer way? Or just said "Your thinking is wrong.". Saying "like you think you know we do" is filled with so much venom and attack of me knowing my own mind. I'm kind of taken aback at it. :shock:

Sorry, I was on my way out the door and from my own experience on here, Catholics are bashed. I was told by a former admin we Catholics are considered "spawn of satan" by other religions in this country. I have no idea what you were thinking nor what kind of church you attend, if you go.
I'm lost in the night

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:51 am

WeeMann wrote:Evidence that the Bible contradicts itself (it's worth sticking with):

phpBB [video]

OK, Comedy Central in the opening of the video killed it. Not going to waste my time watching that.
I'm lost in the night

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:31 am

Innuendoes wrote:Maybe if you went to a legit website instead of a mish mash of "tell all about all religions" place on the net, you would find out the truth.

I really don't know what you're talking about. "legit website"? The only website I cited and read was for me to learn that Catholics do NOT worship Mary.

Everything else that I have posted on this thread has come from my 30 years of studying the Bible. What I've managed to retain, that is. NOT from the internet or best seller's list. And studied more than one version to make sure the important parts were in cahoots. So I post from my head, not of mishmash place. Unless that's the way you speak of the Holy Bible. IDK. Lets stop trading insults, ok?

My organizational background won't be brought into this discussion, because you don't know what persecution is, until you see what kind of responses that would garner, and I don't have the stamina for it.

This is getting personal, rather than an exchange of ideas, so I'm finished. You can have the last word, IDC.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:35 am

julymorning wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Maybe if you went to a legit website instead of a mish mash of "tell all about all religions" place on the net, you would find out the truth.

I really don't know what you're talking about. "legit website"? The only website I cited and read was for me to learn that Catholics do NOT worship Mary.

Everything else that I have posted on this thread has come from my 30 years of studying the Bible. What I've managed to retain, that is. NOT from the internet or best seller's list. And studied more than one version to make sure the important parts were in cahoots. So I post from my head, not of mishmash place. Unless that's the way you speak of the Holy Bible. IDK. Lets stop trading insults, ok?

My organizational background won't be brought into this discussion, because you don't know what persecution is, until you see what kind of responses that would garner, and I don't have the stamina for it.

This is getting personal, rather than an exchange of ideas, so I'm finished. You can have the last word, IDC.

You did see this initial post, didn't you? You were certainly not the only person commenting about Catholics. And my response was definitely not just to you.

I'm lost in the night

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

Postby Fizzle » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:56 am

phpBB [video]

:lookround:

Fizzle