The EU Referendum

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Should we leave the EU?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:12 pm

Yes
9
50%
No
9
50%
 
Total votes : 18

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby Roger » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:54 am

bigV wrote:
fairydandy wrote:She probably hates you 'Europeans' as much as we all do.... :P


You hate me?! I thought you liked me... :(

On a different, and more serious note...

Brexiteers like Boris Johnson are prepared to sacrifice the Good Friday Agreement for their project
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nor ... 32821.html

Are you people insane?! :shock:

V.


Yes, that’s what’s scares me most about Brexit and I think of you look at my (Elessar’s) historical posts, I’ve made that clear for about 3 years.
 
Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby bigV » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Roger wrote:Yes, that’s what’s scares me most about Brexit and I think of you look at my (Elessar’s) historical posts, I’ve made that clear for about 3 years.


So, in addition to all the political and economic reprecussions, the UK will have to face domestic terrorism. Again!

Is it worth it? Really?
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby WeeMann » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:15 pm

bigV wrote:
Roger wrote:Yes, that’s what’s scares me most about Brexit and I think of you look at my (Elessar’s) historical posts, I’ve made that clear for about 3 years.


So, in addition to all the political and economic reprecussions, the UK will have to face domestic terrorism. Again!

Is it worth it? Really?


That and the fact that we will no longer be able to drive on the continent. Our 'Independence' is going to be well worth it.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.
 
WeeMann
Moderator
 
User avatar

 

Not even on the B list...

      
 
Posts: 6254
Images: 102
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Shropshire
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby JLP » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Watched a programme last night about immigration. Wow some of the comments by older people were interesting. Like it is not racist but this used to be a nice place till they let that lot in.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10928
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 408 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby CNB » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Speaking of Brexit, what is Nigel Farage up to these days?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9068
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 411 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby bigV » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:35 pm

JLP wrote:Watched a programme last night about immigration. Wow some of the comments by older people were interesting. Like it is not racist but this used to be a nice place till they let that lot in.


"I'm not racist, but..."

Racists don't hate other races. Thy hate everyone. But most of all they hate themselves.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby queen with a beard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:24 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Yeah, the bad news just keeps on coming...


Yup :( I've just found out that London is not so interesting fot foreighn investors anymore. Prices in the real estate sector are falling down since the last year and many companies are looking for a new european residences for their offices, mostly in Germany. https://tranio.com/articles/the-best-ci ... y-in-2018/
Brexit was launched to make british economy stronger, but it doesn't look like it anymore :(
 
queen with a beard
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:27 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby action » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:48 pm

queen with a beard wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
Yeah, the bad news just keeps on coming...


Yup :( I've just found out that London is not so interesting fot foreighn investors anymore. Prices in the real estate sector are falling down since the last year and many companies are looking for a new european residences for their offices, mostly in Germany. https://tranio.com/articles/the-best-ci ... y-in-2018/
Brexit was launched to make british economy stronger, but it doesn't look like it anymore :(


welcome to the board! :) it's not too often that we see new blood around here! :-)
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Golden slumbers fill your eyes. Smiles awake you when you rise

      
 
Posts: 2397
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby bigV » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:34 am

queen with a beard wrote:Yup :( I've just found out that London is not so interesting fot foreighn investors anymore. Prices in the real estate sector are falling down since the last year and many companies are looking for a new european residences for their offices, mostly in Germany. https://tranio.com/articles/the-best-ci ... y-in-2018/
Brexit was launched to make british economy stronger, but it doesn't look like it anymore :(


You just found that out, huh? Well, boy... If only there was someone who could've explained to you islanders that this would happen.

Oh, wait - someone did. Everyone else on the planet, including the (the) president of the United States!

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby Elessar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 am

bigV wrote:
queen with a beard wrote:Yup :( I've just found out that London is not so interesting fot foreighn investors anymore. Prices in the real estate sector are falling down since the last year and many companies are looking for a new european residences for their offices, mostly in Germany. https://tranio.com/articles/the-best-ci ... y-in-2018/
Brexit was launched to make british economy stronger, but it doesn't look like it anymore :(


You just found that out, huh? Well, boy... If only there was someone who could've explained to you islanders that this would happen.

Oh, wait - someone did. Everyone else on the planet, including the (the) president of the United States!

V.


48% of us were listening ;)
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10272
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby bigV » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:45 am

Elessar wrote:48% of us were listening ;)


48% of 70%.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby queen with a beard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:27 pm

action wrote:
queen with a beard wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
Yeah, the bad news just keeps on coming...


Yup :( I've just found out that London is not so interesting fot foreighn investors anymore. Prices in the real estate sector are falling down since the last year and many companies are looking for a new european residences for their offices, mostly in Germany. https://tranio.com/articles/the-best-ci ... y-in-2018/
Brexit was launched to make british economy stronger, but it doesn't look like it anymore :(


welcome to the board! :) it's not too often that we see new blood around here! :-)


Thanks! I'm glad to be here :)
 
queen with a beard
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:27 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby queen with a beard » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:28 pm

bigV wrote:
queen with a beard wrote:Yup :( I've just found out that London is not so interesting fot foreighn investors anymore. Prices in the real estate sector are falling down since the last year and many companies are looking for a new european residences for their offices, mostly in Germany. https://tranio.com/articles/the-best-ci ... y-in-2018/
Brexit was launched to make british economy stronger, but it doesn't look like it anymore :(


You just found that out, huh? Well, boy... If only there was someone who could've explained to you islanders that this would happen.

Oh, wait - someone did. Everyone else on the planet, including the (the) president of the United States!

V.

I was very sceptic with this idea from the beginning too. it's sad to see that our fears are coming to reality :(
 
queen with a beard
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:27 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: The EU Referendum

Postby bigV » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Until the final agreement is signed, it's not too late to back out and make a U-turn. Once it's finalised, it's game over. Until then, you still have time to call your elected representatives and demand to reverse the decision.

It's really up to the voters.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Previous

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests