it's insane that there is a universe

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

it's insane that there is a universe

Postby action » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:53 pm

yes, about the fucking universe again. the sheer insanity of it existing AT ALL, should be our departing point.

i call on every intellectual on here to join the discussion. there are some small rules though. hear me out for a second. I want you all to put aside any rule of science. leave alone concepts as 'proof" and "empirical deduction". we have to, because those scientific concepts seriously cripple our intellectual capabilities. it's BECAUSE of the scientific rules that were set at the dawn of modern humanism, that we havent thought FURTHER than what is observable, provable.

for one thing, our empirical science is based on light. we can only see what emits light. we have telescopes...they rely on light in different spectra. but what about what happened before the big bang? or what happens in a black hole? scientists will tell you that it is meaningless to investigate a black hole since it doesnt emit light so therefore it cant be investigated. well, fuck off you stupid scientist. just because YOU tell me i can't investigate it, doesnt mean i can't THINK of what happens inside it.

the same goes when thinking about what god is (yes, that term again). the scientist will tell you it's meaningless to investigate god, since we cant see him. but that's just handicapped scientists that says so. i'm going further, throwing off the chains put on us by science.

that's for the intro.... now it gets interesting.

the fact alone that the universe is here at all, is insane. we are born, and we are born into a pre existing universe. what an insane moment. every time a child is born, a new life exists, and it exists in a universe.

wouldn't it be far more logical if there existed nothing at all? away with the universe and all its complex rules: it's far more convenient to think nothing would exist, ever. but guess what, contrary to any logic, the universe exists and so do we. in the past, our ancestors lived, and in de future there will be people that even dont exist yet.

for all of this to exist, something truly powerfull must exist, that has made all of this. let's call it "god" for arguments sake. but what made "god"? why is there a god? as with the universe itself, it would be far more logic to think there isn't a god. but the universe exists, so god has to exist too.

could god have always existed, and at some point he decided to create our universe? how long did he wait to make our universe? i can imagine he had to take his time, working out all the delicate laws of nature. or maybe he didnt work them out at all? he could have made an infinite amount of universes, and hope that one of them would "happen" to have the correct rules of nature? isnt that the same as we do on earth? a process of trial and error, to finally get it right?

there is life on other planets, and most of the civilisations are far more advanced than we. are we a failed experiment too? is the universe meant to generate millions of civilisations, to ultimately generate the ultimate civilisation, that has pure morals? maybe god felt lonely? maybe creating a universe was his way to make some friends? maybe "the chosen people" as the bible describes, is actually the most advanced civilisation in the entire universe? these creatures could have god like characteristics? "god created man to his image": can this give us some clues to his intentions? that he felt lonely and wanted to have some pals?
the greatest among you will be your servant

action
Don't Stop Me Now

woe to you, teachers of the law, you hypocrites!

Re: it's insane that there is a universe

Postby action » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:03 pm

i look at my son,and my mind is boggled. did such a wonderfull, smart, loveable being come from the merging of two human cells? that's incredible! a whole new person, with his own thoughts, is made out of it.

why?

if the universe has to exist (which is hard enough to believe in and of itself), why does it have to contain LIFE too?

we have:
- the universe
- life

=> all created out of nothing??

to me it's crystal clear that god made all of this. the only question that's still standing is not who made the universe, but: who made god?

does god sometimes wonder "who made me"?

what lies, BEYOND god?

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:08 pm

perhaps the most difficult question to answer is: what is nothing and can it exist?

the universe is made of space, and time. think of it as a sheet that contains the planets and stars. in the universe, there is no "nothing": even the sheet itself is something: its space.

before the universe, there was no space: there was only nothing. it's very hard to imagine "nothing". some people try to define it as something "infinite" but they're already wrong there.

nothing is not infinite. that suggests size. but there isn't even size to it. can you imagine such a state to have ever existed? you can't, can you? but it's the most logical state there is...

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:43 pm

If you read all of the above imagining a monotonous, robotic voice with an American accent, it kinda makes sense. :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:56 pm

action wrote:yes, about the fucking universe again. the sheer insanity of it existing AT ALL, should be our departing point.

What I always say to that is, if it didn't exist, we wouldn't be here to talk about how insane that is, would we? :lol:

i call on every intellectual on here to join the discussion. there are some small rules though. hear me out for a second. I want you all to put aside any rule of science. leave alone concepts as 'proof" and "empirical deduction". we have to, because those scientific concepts seriously cripple our intellectual capabilities. it's BECAUSE of the scientific rules that were set at the dawn of modern humanism, that we havent thought FURTHER than what is observable, provable.

If you're going to put aside anything scientific and/or based on anything observed....well then it's just a philosophy discussion, isn't it? Or even call it theology, since you talk about a god, later on.

for one thing, our empirical science is based on light. we can only see what emits light. we have telescopes...they rely on light in different spectra. but what about what happened before the big bang? or what happens in a black hole? scientists will tell you that it is meaningless to investigate a black hole since it doesnt emit light so therefore it cant be investigated. well, fuck off you stupid scientist. just because YOU tell me i can't investigate it, doesnt mean i can't THINK of what happens inside it.

Investigating something and thinking about it are two totally different things. If you can't observe something, how you think you're going to investigate it? Sure, you can think about it all you want, but that's different. (and even though you can't directly observe a black hole, there is indirect evidence for them)

the same goes when thinking about what god is (yes, that term again). the scientist will tell you it's meaningless to investigate god, since we cant see him. but that's just handicapped scientists that says so. i'm going further, throwing off the chains put on us by science.

Same thing.....you can think about a god all you want, thats what philosophers and theologians are there to do....it's just not what science is there to deal with.

I'm also pretty sure there are at least SOME scientists that believe in a god. Probably a lot, at that.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby action » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:05 pm

einstein came up with gravitational waves without a single evidence to be seen for another 100 years. people call him a genious, apparently

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Fizzle » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Space is cool.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Wannabee pseudo Tolkien-esque

Postby julymorning » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:38 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
If you're going to put aside anything scientific and/or based on anything observed....well then it's just a philosophy discussion, isn't it? Or even call it theology, since you talk about a god, later on.

Investigating something and thinking about it are two totally different things. If you can't observe something, how you think you're going to investigate it? Sure, you can think about it all you want, but that's different. (and even though you can't directly observe a black hole, there is indirect evidence for them)

Hahahaaaa. Exactly what came to my mind. "oh wow, action is going to pack a bag, and take a trip to investigate a black hole, like looking down into a volcano. Cool!" :? :shock: :lol: ;)
Last edited by julymorning on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby action » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:35 am

Fizzle wrote:Space is cool.

so am i then, since on a quantum level i'm mostly made out of space 8)

it's scientifically proven that i am cool :shock:

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Return to Views Of The World