Trump, Clinton, world affairs, and the end

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Trump, Clinton, world affairs, and the end

Postby julymorning » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Tarkus wrote:I don't think we're in the biblical end times at all, and any politician who works towards enabling those times to occur is dangerous, and should be sectioned under the mental health act. The 'end times' is referred to in the Revelation of St. John the divine, and cryptically refers to the Roman conquest of Judaea and the collapse of Massada- the beast with 7 heads is the city of Rome, built on seven hills. In short, the end times happened over 2,000 years ago, and only affected Judaea, scattering the Jews across the world thereafter.

What we are experiencing is the birth-pains of a new world, in which national boundaries and political paradigms are shifting, and we of the older idealogues and boundaries can't seemingly cope with the pace of change- which leads to conflict. This has happened in the past, and it will happen again hundreds of years from now- and it was ever thus.

That was a minor fulfillment...see my earlier comment about eating children to survive. Many prophesies had minor and major fulfillments. People generally do not learn, not all of them, or change. How many times does a kid have to be disciplined for the same behavior? All people in fact. Minor fulfillments are supposed to point to future major fulfillments.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby julymorning » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:36 pm

Elessar wrote:The burden of proof should always be on the person making the claim, and I think most serious religious people would actually agree with that but would come up with some wishywashy explanation that every day is proof of God or something equally nauseating. It's bullshit, but at least it's logically sound.

I think it would be a shame if all religious buildings disappeared though. The architecture alone is reason enough for us to keep them.

Oh, they're going to come down, all right. If not by men destroying them, then God, particularly the ones with phallic cymbal spires perched on them. :lol:
Last edited by julymorning on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:48 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
YAFF wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

snip a bunch of flamey crap.

Whatever. LOL. Rant and rave away. Honestly, it's beneath me to continue with you. Enjoy your ignorance and bitterness.

Predictable.

Thing is, people like you - with no argument - lose very early on in a disagreement such as this because they lack any substance or solid evidence behind their ridiculous claims. I mean, you have no chance, do you? You cannot disagree with my logic...not really, can you? Not deep inside anyway...

...and, fella, there is no bitterness here; again, another silly and illogical attack to make because you have nothing else. I am actually very happy to believe in the truth. I am joyful to celebrate the beauty in this real world of ours - how wonderful it is, how much beauty there is...I need no bullshit, man-made god to make me happy, lad...

But many religious people ARE bitter, aren't they? All that negative talk and all those sad scare tactics they psychologically abuse innocent children with. Very bitter. And very lost.

This always comes up and repeatedly the ones asking for proof are told that it can only a person honestly wanting the proof will be able to see it.

Things tend to fall apart when things happen in a person's life that makes them disappointed in what they thought God would do for them. When some people pull away they quit believing in his existence entirely, some don't. Others go back to being on the fence.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:35 pm

According to CNN, the FBI are looking into the Wikileaks e-mails.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:07 am

I'm not going to be able to handle this thread for a couple of days, got personal things going on and my mind and heart are preoccupied. Plus I can't concentrate.

Please be nice to each other for me?

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Faux News is at it again today. Last night Michelle Obama gave what is being hailed as the best or one of the best convention speeches of all time. So Faux News showed it alongside a campaign speech she gave in 2008 where she said "for the first time in my life I am REALLY proud to be an American, not because Barack is running for President but because of the people responding to his message of hope and change." Back then Faux News and all of the conservative media outlets removed the word "REALLY" and the last part and portrayed it "for the first time in my life I am proud to be an American." That's how they showed it again today. It completely changes the meaning that she had never been proud to be an American before.

They just won't give Barack and Michelle a break. They want an asterisk to be next to his name in the list of American Presidents because they still think he is an "illegitimate" one. It's so bigoted and disgusting!

I just figured it out today. Our founding fathers counted the negro slaves as 2/3 of a human being. Republicans claim to be strict Constitutionists, so that is probably their excuse for the unfair treatment of dark skinned people, even though our Declaration of Independence says "all men are created equal."
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Wed May 10, 2017 11:15 pm

This is EXACTLY how I feel:

"I listened as they called my President a Muslim.
I listened as they called him and his family a pack of monkeys.
I listened as they said he wasn't born here.
I watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could.
I saw the pictures of him as Hitler.
I watched them shut down the government and hurt the entire nation twice.
I watched them turn their backs on every opportunity to open worthwhile
dialogue.
I watched them say that they would not even listen to any choice for Supreme
Court no matter who the nominee was.
I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn.
I watched as they did just that.
I listened.
I watched.
I paid attention.
Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant.
To move forward.
To denounce protesters.
To "Get over it."
To accept this...
I will not.
I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the
embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be.
I will do this as quickly as possible every chance I get.
I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country.
I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice.
I will let you know in a loud voice every time this man backs away from a promise he made to them.
Them. The people who voted for him.
The ones who sold their souls and prayed for him to win.
I will do this so that they never forget.
And they will hear me.
They will see it in my eyes when I look at them.
They will hear it in my voice when I talk to them.
They will know that I know who they are.
They will know that I know what they are.
Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can.
Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule.
Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in
our country from this day forward is now Trump's fault just as much as they thought it was Obama's.
I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.

-Jeremy Mitchell"
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Thu May 11, 2017 4:08 am

julymorning wrote:
Oh, they're going to come down, all right. If not by men destroying them, then God, particularly the ones with phallic cymbal spires perched on them. :lol:

Is God a drummer, then? :-)

Don't worry, I'm just being a pedant.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Innuendoes » Thu May 11, 2017 1:47 pm

The results of a new, independent audit of the last years of President Barack Obama’s term — 2015 and 2016 — show an incredible mismanagement of funds and a wealth of errors.

Here’s what Audit Report 2017-FO-0005, released Wednesday, notes:

“The total amounts of errors corrected in HUD’s notes and consolidated financial statements were $516.4 billion and $3.4 billion, respectively. There were several other unresolved audit matters, which restricted our ability to obtain sufficient, appropriate evidence to express an opinion.”

That is a lot of waste, fraud, and abuse.

The full audit, here, on the HUD website.
https://www.hudoig.gov/sites/default/fi ... O-0005.pdf
I knew all the time but now I'm gonna let you know:
I'm gonna keep on rocking, no matter if it's fast or slow.
Ain't gonna stop until the twenty-fifth hour,
'Cause now I'm living on blues power.

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby CNB » Fri May 12, 2017 12:12 pm

When will this end? Tweets from Donald already today:

"Again, the story that there was collusion between the Russians & Trump campaign was fabricated by Dems as an excuse for losing the election."

"The Fake Media is working overtime today!"

"As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with perfect accuracy!...."

"...Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???"

"James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 am

Kes wrote:
julymorning wrote:

Is God a drummer, then? :-)

Don't worry, I'm just being a pedant.

That actually made me laugh. That's what I get for not proofreading before hitting submit.

I don't even have auto correct, so I can't blame THAT!

Boy, I must have been feeling my oats when I made this thread.

CNB, please don't use this thread to just trash talk Trump. I despise the guy, but you're just obsessed and tend to wander off topic.

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Previous

Return to Views Of The World