French Election 2017

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

French Election 2017

Postby Elessar » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:39 am

This is now the most important election in recent world history. If Le Pen wins, the EU will have lost two of its three largest members and will no longer exist in its current form. The world will be very different.

As with Brexit, Le Pen winning is unlikely. And just as Trump was seen as even less likely than Brexit, Le Pen is less likely than Trump.

The media and the polls keep getting it wrong. Even a Tory majority in 2015 was considered the less likely than a Labour majority or a hung parliament.

Le Pen will win.

Discuss.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 21061.html

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Re: French Election 2017

Postby JLP » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Elessar wrote:This is now the most important election in recent world history. If Le Pen wins, the EU will have lost two of its three largest members and will no longer exist in its current form. The world will be very different.

As with Brexit, Le Pen winning is unlikely. And just as Trump was seen as even less likely than Brexit, Le Pen is less likely than Trump.

The media and the polls keep getting it wrong. Even a Tory majority in 2015 was considered the less likely than a Labour majority or a hung parliament.

Le Pen will win.

Discuss.

thinking about the 2015 election, I wonder how many Labour and Lib Dem Brexit supporters voted Tory because they promised a referendum.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby fairydandy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Elessar wrote:This is now the most important election in recent world history. If Le Pen wins, the EU will have lost two of its three largest members and will no longer exist in its current form. The world will be very different.

Le Pen will win.

Discuss.

I am hoping she wins and just like Brexit and Trump, they probably will vote her in, just 'because they can'. The polls will be wrong, because no one will admit to voting for a far-right party...just as they wouldn't admit to voting for Donald Chump or Brexit.

Somewhere along the way, the EU forgot about the people, they forgot to ask what they actually wanted from the project and this is the end result. I don't believe that the majority of people in the EU want 'freedom of movement'. All anyone wants is a common market and neighbours that we can co-exist with, isn't it?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Yes, and there will be very good local reasons for all these election results.

How do you feel about the prospect of weak, isolationist USA, a fragmented Europe and an increasingly dictatorial regime in Russia? Does it scare you?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Elessar wrote:Yes, and there will be very good local reasons for all these election results.

How do you feel about the prospect of weak, isolationist USA, a fragmented Europe and an increasingly dictatorial regime in Russia? Does it scare you?

Nothing scares me politically to be honest. There's zero chance of a war, not whilst we all have nuclear weapons.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:26 pm

yep, for good and for bad we will all see voters steer towards the right as the years go on. Of course, no sane person wants to see the extreme right take over - same as seeing the extreme left loons get anywhere - but I think the majority have definitely begun to stand up against the leftie nutters and their hypocritical views (they have been allowed to shout and bitch and whine for far too long).

I think we can thank The extreme Left for the rise of the extreme right. Silly fuckers.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby action » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:15 pm

everyone rejoice; QOL is saved

action
Don't Stop Me Now

don't you fucking pity me

Postby action » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:15 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:yep, for good and for bad we will all see voters steer towards the right as the years go on. Of course, no sane person wants to see the extreme right take over - same as seeing the extreme left loons get anywhere - but I think the majority have definitely begun to stand up against the leftie nutters and their hypocritical views (they have been allowed to shout and bitch and whine for far too long).

I think we can thank The extreme Left for the rise of the extreme right. Silly fuckers.

i wish extreme right took over, they are the only sane people around!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:42 pm

action wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:yep, for good and for bad we will all see voters steer towards the right as the years go on. Of course, no sane person wants to see the extreme right take over - same as seeing the extreme left loons get anywhere - but I think the majority have definitely begun to stand up against the leftie nutters and their hypocritical views (they have been allowed to shout and bitch and whine for far too long).

I would prefer the right to take over, but not the extreme right (to me the extreme right are just as laughable and evil as the extreme left - and we all know how nasty those lefties can be).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:44 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
action wrote:

I would prefer the right to take over, but not the extreme right (to me the extreme right are just as laughable and evil as the extreme left - and we all know how nasty those lefties can be).

right have the power in belgium, and everything is as shitty as it always was, only difference is the companies are getting even more privileged over ordinary people.

people are being called racist as much as earlier, if not more. criminals and terrorists get low punishments, and the government is doing jack shit for our safety.

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:40 pm

action wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

right have the power in belgium, and everything is as shitty as it always was, only difference is the companies are getting even more privileged over ordinary people.

people are being called racist as much as earlier, if not more. criminals and terrorists get low punishments, and the government is doing jack shit for our safety.

I think the trouble is that the whinging left have had us all by the balls for so long now by playing the race card, etc. every time they wish to win an argument that we have all become scared to speak the truth in some cases.

In the UK I think most of us get along quite harmoniously for most of the time (different colours, sexualities, religions), but we need to stand up and tell the Muslim extremists to fuck off: no to your Sharia law courts in our tolerant country, no to your cruel Halal shit in our animal-loving country and no to your outdated, racist, misogynistic views in our free country. If people all stood together and made a stand against these vile monsters then maybe things would improve.

And, newsflash! Multiculturalism does not always work, people. Some cultures will never get on and never gel.

We need to grow our balls back.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Tarkus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:45 pm

I'd like to see Le Pen get in, and vote for Frexit- because our sorry lot are seeming to drag their heels over Brexit so much that when France leaves, there soon won't be an EU left to leave.

Tarkus

Postby Elessar » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Tarkus wrote:I'd like to see Le Pen get in, and vote for Frexit- because our sorry lot are seeming to drag their heels over Brexit so much that when France leaves, there soon won't be an EU left to leave.

I'd rather stay in the EU because I'd rather be Team Germany than Team Nazi (never thought I'd be writing that sentence!) when the shit hits the fan!

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Tarkus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:49 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
action wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

I think the trouble is that the whinging left have had us all by the balls for so long now by playing the race card, etc. every time they wish to win an argument that we have all become scared to speak the truth in some cases.

In the UK I think most of us get along quite harmoniously for most of the time (different colours, sexualities, religions), but we need to stand up and tell the Muslim extremists to fuck off: no to your Sharia law courts in our tolerant country, no to your cruel Halal shit in our animal-loving country and no to your outdated, racist, misogynistic views in our free country. If people all stood together and made a stand against these vile monsters then maybe things would improve.

And, newsflash! Multiculturalism does not always work, people. Some cultures will never get on and never gel.

We need to grow our balls back.

True that- things seem to go in cycles. Hard times make tough people- tough people sort the bad stuff out and bring good times- good times make soft people, and soft people create hard times. I think people have just gotten fed up with the powers-that-be shutting down any concerns or debates by labelling them as racists, sexists, etc. and people flocked to the banners of whomever would listen. When their concerns are addressed, most people are very tolerant indeed, as you say.

Tarkus

Next

Return to Views Of The World