French Election 2017

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: French Election 2017

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:43 pm

JLP wrote:Didn't Farage make some comments during the campaign about not wanting to have East Europeans as neighbours? To me that is stereotyping certain nationalities and, in my opinion, is therefore racist. Just because the people he attacks are caucasion does not mean he is not being racist.

If he did represent our country as an ambassador I would seriously look at changing my nationality.

Again, I ask for the proof. Direct quote instead of 'didn't he say', otherwise we have nothing to debate, merely hearsay.

I am certainly not racist and I can still state, hand on heart, that I would not want certain sections of the Muslim community as neighbours. I am not talking those who have integrated into our tolerant society and our respectful towards our culture (which they should be); I am speaking about those who do not wish to become part of this country (some of who cannot even bother to learn the fucking language), who slate our tolerance and forward-thinking views, who hate women and who are true racists: kick them all out now.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:24 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:Didn't Farage make some comments during the campaign about not wanting to have East Europeans as neighbours? To me that is stereotyping certain nationalities and, in my opinion, is therefore racist. Just because the people he attacks are caucasion does not mean he is not being racist.

If he did represent our country as an ambassador I would seriously look at changing my nationality.

Again, I ask for the proof. Direct quote instead of 'didn't he say', otherwise we have nothing to debate, merely hearsay.

I am certainly not racist and I can still state, hand on heart, that I would not want certain sections of the Muslim community as neighbours. I am not talking those who have integrated into our tolerant society and our respectful towards our culture (which they should be); I am speaking about those who do not wish to become part of this country (some of who cannot even bother to learn the fucking language), who slate our tolerance and forward-thinking views, who hate women and who are true racists: kick them all out now.

If you want the quote then go look for it, I know what he said during the campaign. However I am up against people who don't think there is a problem with racism in this country. That does not make you racist of course. I have witnessed things in the last few months what are wrong. Nurses from Spain being told to fuck off back to their country after treating patients in emerge being the most obvious one.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby fairydandy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:46 pm

JLP wrote:If you want the quote then go look for it, I know what he said during the campaign. However I am up against people who don't think there is a problem with racism in this country. That does not make you racist of course. I have witnessed things in the last few months what are wrong. Nurses from Spain being told to fuck off back to their country after treating patients in emerge being the most obvious one.

Unforgiveable in my opinion.

How is it racism though? Surely xenophobic is a better word?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:03 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

If you want the quote then go look for it, I know what he said during the campaign. However I am up against people who don't think there is a problem with racism in this country. That does not make you racist of course. I have witnessed things in the last few months what are wrong. Nurses from Spain being told to fuck off back to their country after treating patients in emerge being the most obvious one.

Well, none of us can speak for the racists you have met in the NHS, so I cannot really comment on that ignorance.

There is racism in every country, as there is homophobia, misogyny and a host of other undesirable prejudices. Unfortunately, we are never going to be able to stamp out such things because there will always be ignorant individuals walking the planet...

...what I do know is that this country is still far more tolerant than many others. The British culture is a free and tolerant one and it has no room for the real racism, homophobia and misogyny of Muslim extremists, for example.

And when this country allows the disgusting practices of the Sharia 'courts' to continue then I really do feel ashamed to be British. We need to grow balls and close them all down.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Elessar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:06 pm

fairydandy wrote:
JLP wrote:If you want the quote then go look for it, I know what he said during the campaign. However I am up against people who don't think there is a problem with racism in this country. That does not make you racist of course. I have witnessed things in the last few months what are wrong. Nurses from Spain being told to fuck off back to their country after treating patients in emerge being the most obvious one.

Unforgiveable in my opinion.

How is it racism though? Surely xenophobic is a better word?

Then it's just a question of linguistics. I suppose discriminating against a bisexual person isn't really homophobia either. It's the same problem either way.
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Previous

Return to Views Of The World