Feminazis need to shush

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:56 pm

action wrote:
Elessar wrote:
action wrote:Save the money for child care, I say. they need it the most

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... rvey-finds

would they NOT have been bullied, had the government paid for expensive surgery?

surgery does not take away the cause of suicide: harrassment and bullying. one might argue that surgery could be yet another occasion the bullies could take to bully them even further

oh, and virtue signalling

It’s a good question and the answer is unclear. The point is that gender dysphoria kills children, so the argument that funds should be diverted away from gender dysphoria and towards children is invalid.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:58 pm

action wrote:minors can't consent. it's criminal to commit gender surgery on minors

Oh come on, don’t be such a plonker. A kid with appendicitis gets its appendix removed. They can’t consent but you get consent from the parents and do the surgery on their best interests. Agreed that gender reassignment is a bit dodgier than appendicitis, and I think usually the treatment is limited to hormones until adulthood, but inability to consent doesn’t mean you don’t get appropriate medical treatment.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Elessar wrote:
action wrote:minors can't consent. it's criminal to commit gender surgery on minors

Oh come on, don’t be such a plonker. A kid with appendicitis gets its appendix removed. They can’t consent but you get consent from the parents and do the surgery on their best interests. Agreed that gender reassignment is a bit dodgier than appendicitis, and I think usually the treatment is limited to hormones until adulthood, but inability to consent doesn’t mean you don’t get appropriate medical treatment.

a "come on" is out of place here.

there is a lot to say about minors not being allowed to decide on gender changing surgery.

I think my dick is too big and I want a dick reducing surgery, and society is going to pay for it. Otherwise, i'll commit suicide.

come to mention it, if I dont get 1.000.000 dollars from the tax payer, I will be depressive so the cure is to give me the fucking money.

come on....
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Well look, the heart is a pretty simple organ that basically just pumps blood. Loads things can go wrong for a variety of genetic or environments reasons. Many of those problems require surgery.

So it’s not that hard to accept that the brain, which is significantly more complex than the heart, can also go wrong, and that the way it integrates with the endocrine system and reproductive system can go wrong, and that sometimes the correct treatment might be surgery.

It’s very different to the cosmetic procedures you’ve described, although breast reduction surgery DOES happen, paid for by the taxpayer.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Elessar wrote:Well look, the heart is a pretty simple organ that basically just pumps blood. Loads things can go wrong for a variety of genetic or environments reasons. Many of those problems require surgery.

So it’s not that hard to accept that the brain, which is significantly more complex than the heart, can also go wrong, and that the way it integrates with the endocrine system and reproductive system can go wrong, and that sometimes the correct treatment might be surgery.

It’s very different to the cosmetic procedures you’ve described, although breast reduction surgery DOES happen, paid for by the taxpayer.

you make a lot of assumptions.

"transgenderism" comes from a fault in the brain? What part? What fault?

Surgery "cures" it? Not for those who commit suicide regardless, after having had surgery, apparently!.

I repeat, depression is a clinical phenomenon. As you'll attest to. What if the cure is to give me 1.000.000 dollars? no surgery needed, the money will do just fine.

I can not get my head around the fact that we should pay for their extravagant wishes like wanting to change sex for crying out loud. Body sculpting is a thing lately, and could as easily be explained as a disease as you do with transgenderism. Are we going to pay for all their tatoos and rings and cut-off fingers too?

Social security is in crisis enough "as is", without having exhorbitant costs like these pressing on tax money even further.

Lunacy, I tell you. That's why social justice warriors are the downfall of our society; they're going to financially ruin us!
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:14 am

action wrote:"transgenderism" comes from a fault in the brain? What part? What fault?

It’s considered to be a psychiatric disorder, as per DSM guidelines.

Surgery "cures" it? Not for those who commit suicide regardless, after having had surgery, apparently!.

Some people with cancer die despite surgery. Are we going to stop operating on them on the basis that it might not cure them?

I repeat, depression is a clinical phenomenon. As you'll attest to. What if the cure is to give me 1.000.000 dollars? no surgery needed, the money will do just fine.

phpBB [video]

I can not get my head around the fact that we should pay for their extravagant wishes like wanting to change sex for crying out loud. Body sculpting is a thing lately, and could as easily be explained as a disease as you do with transgenderism. Are we going to pay for all their tatoos and rings and cut-off fingers too?

Social security is in crisis enough "as is", without having exhorbitant costs like these pressing on tax money even further.

Lunacy, I tell you. That's why social justice warriors are the downfall of our society; they're going to financially ruin us!

The issue here is that you think you know better than experts on gender dysphoria. I see no reason at all not to trust the experts’ judgement on this. We trust experts on other parts of the body (or we don’t, but then we regret it afterwards). I actually know very little about gender dysphoria but if the literature suggests that surgery can help, then I see no reason to disagree.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 am

there's literature in the best libraries of the world, that says black on white, that the sun revolves around the earth.

the Elessar of the 15th century would have seen no reason to dispute that

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:04 am

action wrote:there's literature in the best libraries of the world, that says black on white, that the sun revolves around the earth.

What’s your point? You’re 500 years more enlightened than the rest of us?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 am

Elessar wrote:
action wrote:there's literature in the best libraries of the world, that says black on white, that the sun revolves around the earth.

I'm trying to explain the relativity of literature

I was actually hoping you would counter my argument by saying something like "the elessar of the 15th century would have deducted from empirical evidence, that the earth revolves around the sun". To which I would reply "I can deduct from empirical evidence that surgery does not always cure transgenderism".

but it didn't came to that. You accepted defeat by kidding with my supposed level of enlightenment.

Ok then, at least I tried :(

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:24 am

action wrote:
Elessar wrote:

I'm trying to explain the relativity of literature

I was actually hoping you would counter my argument by saying something like "the elessar of the 15th century would have deducted from empirical evidence, that the earth revolves around the sun". To which I would reply "I can deduct from empirical evidence that surgery does not always cure transgenderism".

but it didn't came to that. You accepted defeat by kidding with my supposed level of enlightenment.

Ok then, at least I tried :(

I say again - surgery doesn’t always cure cancer.

Should we just knock it on and head and give up trying?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Previous

Return to Views Of The World