Feminazis need to shush

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Roger wrote:Who decides the ‘true meaning’ of this term? You? Or perhaps the person who coined it?
Because the person who coined it actually has a good etymological basis for it: He believes that feminists have abortions out of spite towards men, and he compares abortion to the holocaust. It’s a stance that’s crass and offensive, but at least follows its own internal logic.

It’s an absurd extrapolation to say that if some ‘snowflakes’ find a term that compares a struggle for equality with mass genocide, we should ban all words because someone might find them offensive. “We can’t compare victims of discrimination to war criminals? Next they’ll say we can’t have black bags or Christmas!”

I think the fact that you haven’t encountered any women who find the term offensive is more a reflection of how hard you’ve been looking rather than of how many women it offends. For example: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/s ... e-proudman

Don't care who coined it. All I know is it is a great word to describe those vile and violent haters. You can get wrapped up in the etymology if you wish - but, beware, you may have to double check the origins of all the words you use in future..saves you looking like a hypocrite then.

You know nothing about feminazis; if you did, you would comprehend that none of their actions have nothing to do with equality...I think you are getting mixed up again (those decent females who want equality are called, wait for it...feminists - and I love those girls).

As for the women I have spoken to? I have spoken to shitloads, bruv - and not one of them gives a single toss about the hating feminazi brigade...but you go ahead and speak for those women too (you do it for everyone else).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

So essentially you want to have your own language, where words mean what you want them to mean despite having very well established meanings that are known to the vast majority of people?

‘Nazi’ has nothing to do with genocide, ‘leftie’ has nothing to do with communism...that’s a very obtuse way to use vocabulary and it goes some way to explain your ongoing difficulties getting along with others here.

The thing is, if when you use the word ‘feminazi’, you’re not comflating feminists with Nazis, the word has utterly failed, because that’s LITERALLY what the word is. If you don’t want to compare the people you despise with Nazis, it might be sensible to pick a word that doesn’t end with ‘nazi’.

Intended meaning and anticipated interpretation should ideally be the same, and if they’re not, the ambiguity is something you should take responsibility for. If I wanted to talk about how harmful cigarettes are, I could do so by walking through Soho shouting “fags are evil”. I could do that, and I’d have sound logic, but the very easily anticipated offence that my choice of words would cause would be entirely my fault.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:46 pm

musicalprostitute wrote: none of their actions have nothing to do with equality...

Good point. Most sensible thing you’ve said.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Roger wrote:
The thing is, if when you use the word ‘feminazi’, you’re not comflating feminists with Nazis, the word has utterly failed, because that’s LITERALLY what the word is. If you don’t want to compare the people you despise with Nazis, it might be sensible to pick a word that doesn’t end with ‘nazi’.

Maybe I don't over-analyse everything like you do. And maybe I simply do not care. Take your pick...

...clue: it's both.

Nah, I shall stick with feminazi, ta all the same, butty. Keep up the opposition!

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Good for you. We can pretend that you didn’t know the origin and meaning of the word before. You do now. So when you continue to use it, there’s no hiding from where it comes from and what it means. And when you use it, you’re saying far more about yourself than you are about the people you express your hate towards.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Roger wrote:Good for you. We can pretend that you didn’t know the origin and meaning of the word before. You do now. So when you continue to use it, there’s no hiding from where it comes from and what it means. And when you use it, you’re saying far more about yourself than you are about the people you express your hate towards.

No. Again.

As usual, you have to resort to putting words in my mouth - just speak for yourself, butty.

I like the word; ergo, I shall use it. I do not care where it comes from or who invented it...that would surely make me a hypocrite - considering I use many, many words on a daily basis (and they cannot all come from a good place). You care all you want and be a hypocrite if you wish.

You know what I am really saying about myself, bruv? I am saying I couldn't care less how you are desperately trying to portray me as something I am not. You see negativity everywhere. You will always have something to whine about - you remind me of my ex.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:33 pm

90% of murders are committed by men.
Of the 10% committed by women, 50% involve an intimate partner and many of them sought help from social services prior to the crime.
(Source: http://www.forensicmag.com/article/2016 ... study-says )

2 women are murdered by their male partners each week in the UK
(Source: http://www.lwa.org.uk/understanding-abu ... istics.htm

Let’s go against all the evidence about the origin and meaning of he term ‘feminazi’ and re-define it to mean only the most extreme feminists, who believe men are evil and women are superior in every way. These women must either be very low in number, or must be thoroughly incompetent when it comes to achieving their aims of wiping out men.

So my question is this: When the statistics unequivocally show that men do far more harm to women than women do to men (and I haven’t even got into sexual assault stats!), what sort of person feels so threatened by ‘extreme feminists’ that he likens them to the perpetrators of the most infamous mass genocide in the history of mankind?

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:44 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Roger wrote:Good for you. We can pretend that you didn’t know the origin and meaning of the word before. You do now. So when you continue to use it, there’s no hiding from where it comes from and what it means. And when you use it, you’re saying far more about yourself than you are about the people you express your hate towards.

No. Again.

As usual, you have to resort to putting words in my mouth - just speak for yourself, butty.

I like the word; ergo, I shall use it. I do not care where it comes from or who invented it...that would surely make me a hypocrite - considering I use many, many words on a daily basis (and they cannot all come from a good place). You care all you want and be a hypocrite if you wish.

You know what I am really saying about myself, bruv? I am saying I couldn't care less how you are desperately trying to portray me as something I am not. You see negativity everywhere. You will always have something to whine about - you remind me of my ex.

I can’t understand why anyone would use the word ‘feminazi’ other than because it ends in ‘nazi’.
If you’re not using it because it comes from ‘nazi’, why the hell do you like it so much? Is it the satisfying ‘tz’ sound?

This isn’t some old obscure long-forgotten etymology. This is a recent portmanteau and the meaning of the word is very clear. Feminist + Nazi = Feminazi. You can’t escape from that. This isn’t the clumsy suffixing of ‘-gate’ to any scandal, or adding cheese to a hamburger and calling it a cheeseburger. This is actively comparing feminists to Nazis, and no amount of bullshitting can change that.

Your cries of hypocrisy don’t really make much sense. This isn’t about not knowing or caring about the origin of the word - the origin is blatantly embedded within the word. This isn’t like playing Penny Lane by the Beatles despite James Penny being a slave trader. It’s not even clinging to out-of-favour names such as Reiter’s syndrome, Wegener’s granulomatosis or Asperger’s (all Nazis). This is unashamedly adding ‘nazi’ to ‘femi’ to create a word which you still proudly say you like.
Last edited by Roger on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 pm

Roger wrote:90% of murders are committed by men.
Of the 10% committed by women, 50% involve an intimate partner and many of them sought help from social services prior to the crime.
(Source: http://www.forensicmag.com/article/2016 ... study-says )

2 women are murdered by their male partners each week in the UK
(Source: http://www.lwa.org.uk/understanding-abu ... istics.htm

Let’s go against all the evidence about the origin and meaning of he term ‘feminazi’ and re-define it to mean only the most extreme feminists, who believe men are evil and women are superior in every way. These women must either be very low in number, or must be thoroughly incompetent when it comes to achieving their aims of wiping out men.

So my question is this: When the statistics unequivocally show that men do far more harm to women than women do to men (and I haven’t even got into sexual assault stats!), what sort of person feels so threatened by ‘extreme feminists’ that he likens them to the perpetrators of the most infamous mass genocide in the history of mankind?

Ah, so you only use words which still maintain their original meaning then? I think not, old boy. Think about what you are saying.

I certainly do not feel threatened by anyone. I use the word simply because it describes those vile extremists so well. I get you are over-sensitive, etc. But I am not.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Roger wrote:
I can’t understand why anyone would use the word ‘feminazi’ other than because it ends in ‘nazi’.
If you’re not using it because it comes from ‘nazi’, why the hell do you like it so much? Is it the satisfying ‘tz’ sound?

This isn’t some old obscure long-forgotten etymology. This is a recent portmanteau and the meaning of the word is very clear. Feminist + Nazi = Feminazi. You can’t escape from that. This isn’t the clumsy suffixing of ‘-gate’ to any scandal, or adding cheese to a hamburger and calling it a cheeseburger. This is actively comparing feminists to Nazis, and no amount of bullshitting can change that.

Your cries of hypocrisy don’t really make much sense. This isn’t about not knowing or caring about the origin of the word - the origin is blatantly embedded within the word. This isn’t like playing Penny Lane by the Beatles despite James Penny being a slave reader. It’s not even clinging to out-of-favour names such as Reiter’s syndrome, Wegener’a granulomatosis or Asperger’s (all Nazis). This is unashamedly adding ‘nazi’ to ‘femi’ to create a word which you still proudly say you like.

Again, until you check every single word and its origin in your own vocabulary this is all very hypocritical.

I get that you like the sound of your own voice,etc. But please read what I have already stated - otherwise we go round in circles and fill up this thread with utter nonsense. I stated that a feminazi - TO ME (have to do this now in order to get this detail through to you) - is not the same as a feminist; therefore, when I use the word I am not attacking feminists...please try and comprehend this.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:55 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Ah, so you only use words which still maintain their original meaning then? I think not, old boy. Think about what you are saying.

This isn’t a case of ‘gay’ originally meaning ‘happy’, or black people reclaiming the n-word. I think deep down you must know why the term ‘feminazi’ is problematic. But you like the word, so you carry on enjoying it.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Roger wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Ah, so you only use words which still maintain their original meaning then? I think not, old boy. Think about what you are saying.

This isn’t a case of ‘gay’ originally meaning ‘happy’, or black people reclaiming the n-word. I think deep down you must know why the term ‘feminazi’ is problematic. But you like the word, so you carry on enjoying it.

Again, you are putting words into my mouth. Stop. Speak for yourself. Gawd, you do like to whine. Deary me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Incidentally, when you demand that immigrants learn English, do you want them to learn actual English, or would you like them to learn your quirky little definitions?

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Roger wrote:Incidentally, when you demand that immigrants learn English, do you want them to learn actual English, or would you like them to learn your quirky little definitions?

As long as you don't want them to learn your quirky grammar then all should be good in the hood, guv. Really.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:11 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Roger wrote:Incidentally, when you demand that immigrants learn English, do you want them to learn actual English, or would you like them to learn your quirky little definitions?

As long as you don't want them to learn your quirky grammar then all should be good in the hood, guv. Really.

I’ve never made any such demands of immigrants; only of those who make such demands themselves.
Last edited by Roger on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World