Feminazis need to shush

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:55 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:By the way, you whinge about me making assumptions, but I don't think I've ever called myself a leftie. In fact, Labour is the only major party I've never voted for!


I know...

...it is just that you do sound like a typical leftie. All the nonsense you spurt about this is offensive and that is offensive is all one-sided; and that is a typical Left way of looking at things.

I did assume you are a leftie, for sure. But I don't put words in your mouth, as you have done to me.

I shall ask again: where is the hatred in my thread title?


The fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth letters.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10055
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

I shall ask again: where is the hatred in my thread title?


The fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth letters.


You originally stated: 'I think this thread needs to be pulled; it's basically just full of hate speech. The title alone is probably sufficient.'

Now, the word 'Nazi' is used in other innocuous word couplings and most people can handle it: Grammar Nazi for example.If I had of stated that, say, the Nazi regime was a good thing or that all feminists were as bad as Nazis then I could totally understand your above quote; but to proclaim that a thread should be pulled because it is full of hate speech is pretty strong considering there is no hate speech to speak of (not in my posts or thread title).

And, one more thing, another reason I keep confusing you with one of those 'orrible lefties is because you are clearly opposed to free speech.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2642
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby JLP » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Whereas asking people who disagree with you to ignore the thread, asking lefties to shut up and so on is advocating free speech. ;)
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10244
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:25 pm

JLP wrote:Whereas asking people who disagree with you to ignore the thread, asking lefties to shut up and so on is advocating free speech. ;)


I knew you would not be far away...

...you love jumping in on threads and saying your bit (usually leftie stuff like this or Adam Lambert stuff).

I never meant 'shut up' in its literal sense, more as in 'fuck off with your nonsense': I have no problems with individuals giving an opposing opinion to myself...just stick to the facts, that's all.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2642
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:45 pm

musicalprostitute wrote: Grammar Nazi for example.If I had of stated that...


Lol
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10055
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby JLP » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:53 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:Whereas asking people who disagree with you to ignore the thread, asking lefties to shut up and so on is advocating free speech. ;)


I knew you would not be far away...

...you love jumping in on threads and saying your bit (usually leftie stuff like this or Adam Lambert stuff).

I never meant 'shut up' in its literal sense, more as in 'fuck off with your nonsense': I have no problems with individuals giving an opposing opinion to myself...just stick to the facts, that's all.



Is there some rule that I am not aware of saying I cannot reply to you? You do seem to want to intimidate people who disagree with you. Trouble is I am not easily intimidated. And therefore I will not be silenced.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10244
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:58 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:Whereas asking people who disagree with you to ignore the thread, asking lefties to shut up and so on is advocating free speech. ;)


I knew you would not be far away...

...you love jumping in on threads and saying your bit (usually leftie stuff like this or Adam Lambert stuff).

I never meant 'shut up' in its literal sense, more as in 'fuck off with your nonsense': I have no problems with individuals giving an opposing opinion to myself...just stick to the facts, that's all.



Is there some rule that I am not aware of saying I cannot reply to you? You do seem to want to intimidate people who disagree with you. Trouble is I am not easily intimidated. And therefore I will not be silenced.


Not at all.

And you are the only one talking of intimidation. I love the fact that I seem to want to 'intimidate' people just because I put over my point and how I feel. I am not swearing directly at you or anyone and not being aggressive in any way; so, please show me where I have tried to intimidate anyone anywhere on this site...or just in this thread if you prefer.

Again, words without any substance.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2642
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote: Grammar Nazi for example.If I had of stated that...


Lol


Phew...

...and there was me thinking you lacked any humour at all.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2642
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:02 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote: Grammar Nazi for example.If I had of stated that...


Lol


Phew...

...and there was me thinking you lacked any humour at all.


The irony was funny, but on a more serious note, I think that anyone who says immigrants should speak English should probably ensure that their own grasp of the language is pretty flawless.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10055
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:10 pm

Elessar wrote:
The irony was funny, but on a more serious note, I think that anyone who says immigrants should speak English should probably ensure that their own grasp of the language is pretty flawless.


Oh, I see. So your way of conducting a debate/discussion/disagreement is to pick at the trivialities...go for it, buddy! You are really showing me up here. Truly.

I would never say I was infallible with regards to spelling, punctuation and grammar (I make mistakes all the time); but I do have a very sound grasp of the English language (I.e. I could walk into a job interview and converse well enough to at least give me a good chance of getting the actual job; those that do not bother to even learn our language are obviously not going to do to well in a job interview...and then not get the job. Just common sense, mate.). Come on, keep up.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2642
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Well anyway, to address the whole Nazi business:

Arguably 'grammar Nazi' isn't an appropriate term either - comparing those who appreciate good English to war criminals. However, such people aren't part of a group that have been historically oppressed, whereas feminists are, so using the 'Nazi' label to criticise feminists very much seems an attempt to shut them up and send them back to the kitchen - if you ask for equal rights we'll call you Hitler.

The term 'frape' is another portmanteau that some people (ironically, often feminists!) find offensive, and I sympathise with that view.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10055
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby JLP » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:59 pm

Your comment in reply to my post was " I knew you would not be far away". Some people might find that intimidating. Putting a label on people as lefties because they appear to be more tolerant about certain things than you can be seen as intimidating too as can telling people to ignore your threads because they have a different view point to you.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10244
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Elessar wrote:
Arguably 'grammar Nazi' isn't an appropriate term either - comparing those who appreciate good English to war criminals. However, such people aren't part of a group that have been historically oppressed, whereas feminists are, so using the 'Nazi' label to criticise feminists very much seems an attempt to shut them up and send them back to the kitchen - if you ask for equal rights we'll call you Hitler.



Grammar Nazi is fine; I think you take these things way too seriously and think way too much about things. Anyone who finds the term Grammar Nazi offensive really needs to see life a bit more, I think.

Feminazi is a term for those feminists who are nutters, who have taken things to such a ridiculous extreme that they have given true feminists a bad name - and as a man who supports true feminism, I hate that fact.

Hey, and whisper this quietly, fella...there are plenty of women out there who hate the feminazis too...yeah, true fact.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 2642
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:10 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Arguably 'grammar Nazi' isn't an appropriate term either - comparing those who appreciate good English to war criminals. However, such people aren't part of a group that have been historically oppressed, whereas feminists are, so using the 'Nazi' label to criticise feminists very much seems an attempt to shut them up and send them back to the kitchen - if you ask for equal rights we'll call you Hitler.



Grammar Nazi is fine; I think you take these things way too seriously and think way too much about things. Anyone who finds the term Grammar Nazi offensive really needs to see life a bit more, I think.

Feminazi is a term for those feminists who are nutters, who have taken things to such a ridiculous extreme that they have given true feminists a bad name - and as a man who supports true feminism, I hate that fact.

Hey, and whisper this quietly, fella...there are plenty of women out there who hate the feminazis too...yeah, true fact.


Once again you're making assumptions, which is something you say you don't like. I'm not offended by Grammar Nazi or even by Feminazi, and I'm certainly not upset. I actually don't particularly care about any of these things, I'm just giving an opinion. I have strong opinions, but very few of them have an emotional component to be honest.

Anyway. Yes, I know a lot of women are anti-feminism. More than 50% of misogynistic posts on Twitter are by women, apparently. I think that some women don't like being told the they should have careers and don't have to have children or get married etc., and they don't see feminists as role models for that reason.

The reality is that women should have the choice over what to do with their lives, and not have it dictated to them; not by men OR by other women.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10055
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: Feminazis need to shush

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:12 pm

JLP wrote:Your comment in reply to my post was " I knew you would not be far away". Some people might find that intimidating. Putting a label on people as lefties because they appear to be more tolerant about certain things than you can be seen as intimidating too as can telling people to ignore your threads because they have a different view point to you.


To be honest, the more I get called a leftie, the more I become proud of it and quite want to embrace it. I'm way too materialistic to be a good leftie, unfortunately.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10055
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 143 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests