"Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Broooklyn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Elessar wrote:
Broooklyn wrote:Yes! YEs! YESSSS! More of this!!!!

You came up with a real zinger at the bottom of page 3. I was definitely far wittier in 2010 than I am now :(

Bro, I am always on your side! Never forget that!
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

QOL'er in Black

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:37 pm

Broooklyn wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Broooklyn wrote:Yes! YEs! YESSSS! More of this!!!!

You came up with a real zinger at the bottom of page 3. I was definitely far wittier in 2010 than I am now :(

Bro, I am always on your side! Never forget that!

I was doing some grave-digging and found that in 2005 you criticised me for bleating on about African poverty while some dickheads were blowing up the London Underground network. I think that was probably reasonable enough! You also asked what I'd done to actually help Africa and my answer was somewhere between nothing and fuck all. 12 years on and my contribution hasn't really changed. #whoops

On one hand, that was a long time ago. We didn't even have iPhones! People used to post on QOL from computers, if you'll believe such a crazy thing. On the other hand, it's still the last major terrorist attack in the UK, so I don't think I'd be panicking too much about Jihadis on the streets just yet.
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Broooklyn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:45 pm

Hahahaha! I was always on your side about African Poverty, but when it came down to 7-11, my main thing was about so many people wondering about whether or not Queen+PR was still happening. That was what my main gripe was.
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

QOL'er in Black

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Broooklyn wrote:Hahahaha! I was always on your side about African Poverty, but when it came down to 7-11, my main thing was about so many people wondering about whether or not Queen+PR was still happening. That was what my main gripe was.

Yeah - it's a weird thread to go back and read, knowing what we know now. When it first happened, the news said there'd been some 'power surges' that were causing delays. People in London itself knew that there had been explosions and could literally see bodies on the streets (in one or two very specific locations). So for quite a while (upwards of an hour), we were talking with no common narrative about what had actually happened, and it happened right when people were starting their journeys to London for the concert. Then when people who perhaps realised the gravity of the situation earlier criticised those who didn't have a clue what was happening for worrying about a concert when people were dying, people (I) got defensive, and then those attitudes continued throughout the day even when the picture became clearer.

Nowadays Twitter means that everyone has an excellent idea of what has gone down within minutes, so there's no information vacuum any more.
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Previous

Return to Views Of The World