"Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Delilah » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Allah almighty, this Daily Show clip about the mosque controversy was funny: :mrgreen:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/the-parent-company-trap
 
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:18 am
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Elessar » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 pm

:(

I miss 2010.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10392
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby JLP » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:03 am

Innuendoes wrote:Anyone can find the "proof" of the topic they want to present, and "win their argument", if they look for it. Doesn't matter if it's pro or con. If you look for it, you will find it, if it's right or wrong, it will still be there somewhere.


Lmao
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10982
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 408 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:07 am

JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Anyone can find the "proof" of the topic they want to present, and "win their argument", if they look for it. Doesn't matter if it's pro or con. If you look for it, you will find it, if it's right or wrong, it will still be there somewhere.


Lmao


How prophetic...

I need to go to sleep before I end up reading 10 years worth of QOL! I was just innocently looking for one post that I'm sure existed but which sadly I can't find, and ended up stumbling across this absolute gold. There was a thread about burkas in Belgium as well.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10392
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:15 am

It's sad though, to read posts by someone (who I probably disagreed with over other stuff back then, but totally agreed with on this) that passionately defend Islam and immigrants, and bemoans the media's ability to poison the general public, knowing that 6 years later he'd be arguing on the other side. What happened? Did a Muslim Uber driver only give him 3 stars or something?
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10392
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:17 am

Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Anyone can find the "proof" of the topic they want to present, and "win their argument", if they look for it. Doesn't matter if it's pro or con. If you look for it, you will find it, if it's right or wrong, it will still be there somewhere.


Lmao


How prophetic...

I need to go to sleep before I end up reading 10 years worth of QOL! I was just innocently looking for one post that I'm sure existed but which sadly I can't find, and ended up stumbling across this absolute gold. There was a thread about burkas in Belgium as well.


If you are referring to the turbines, I have been against them for years. I have written letters to my governor and also my senator about them. So this is nothing recent for me! I back no one in this argument other than our wildlife.
Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone
 
Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

LEMONed I Scream

      
 
Posts: 10671
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 481 times
Been thanked: 344 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:31 am

Innuendoes wrote:
Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:
Lmao


How prophetic...

I need to go to sleep before I end up reading 10 years worth of QOL! I was just innocently looking for one post that I'm sure existed but which sadly I can't find, and ended up stumbling across this absolute gold. There was a thread about burkas in Belgium as well.


If you are referring to the turbines, I have been against them for years. I have written letters to my governor and also my senator about them. So this is nothing recent for me! I back no one in this argument other than our wildlife.



No no, forget the wind turbines!

No, what I meant was that it's funny, because nowadays the 'In The News Today' thread is basically just a succession of biased videos that back up whatever the poster is arguing (both sides of most arguments). It never used to be quite as ubiquitous as it is now - possibly part of the post-truth fake news era we're living in.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10392
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Tarkus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:30 am

Elessar wrote:It's sad though, to read posts by someone (who I probably disagreed with over other stuff back then, but totally agreed with on this) that passionately defend Islam and immigrants, and bemoans the media's ability to poison the general public, knowing that 6 years later he'd be arguing on the other side. What happened? Did a Muslim Uber driver only give him 3 stars or something?


No, globalist expansionists started a civil war in his wife's home country, putting a fascist puppet government in charge, while simultaneously starting another civil war in Syria to try to push the Arab Spring to a conclusion they would favour, and funded what is now one of, if not the most, dangerous terrorist organisations to do so, which in turn has caused massive turmoil in the region and too many refugees that we could adequately handle, and also enabling terrorist elements to be able to smuggle themselves into the country amongst the genuine refugees to further spread their hate. Thanks to all these things, my wife's family is under constant threat of persecution, being members of their society that are ethnically Russian, speaking that language, while being unable to do so in public for fear of being persecuted- and my wife feels unsafe here due to the terrorist threats. Essentially, thanks to EU and US expansionism, her country of origin is now hopelessly torn in two, and looks set to get worse over time. That's the main reason why I want out of the EU, because it did this to her country for its' own ends, and the fall-out of both its' and America's interference in the Middle East has placed all of us under threat.

I changed my mind over time, as is my right to do, and as you yourself have done in the past. If that means we disagree more over things, that's sad, as is the fact that we are probably on a less friendly footing than we used to be previously, but my first loyalties are with those I love, and if that means my viewpoint has now changed to one you find offensive, at least try to understand that I've done so out of love and concern for them more than anything else.
 
Tarkus
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby action » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:45 am

.
Last edited by action on Tue May 09, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I know what's right and what's wrong

      
 
Posts: 2438
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:24 am

action wrote:
Elessar wrote:
No no, forget the wind turbines!

No, what I meant was that it's funny, because nowadays the 'In The News Today' thread is basically just a succession of biased videos that back up whatever the poster is arguing (both sides of most arguments). It never used to be quite as ubiquitous as it is now - possibly part of the post-truth fake news era we're living in.


i rather back up my argument with videos (even if of questionable origin), in stead of resorting to stealth harrassing of the same old posters, like you do.

your vain attempts at making people look bad, by bringing up 6 year old posts (what the hell are you trying to proof here anyway, i still dont know), are becoming desperate.

it's funny because as soon as i saw a 6 year old thread started by Dusty, i knew it was you.

am i next? maybe you'll find the burka thread somewhere. lmfao.

I expect more better from the most intelligent poster of QOL. guess i'll reconsider your nomination for the QOL 2016 awards.

Image


I already found it. It wasn't that exciting really. You said people who wear burkas should be gassed, but I don't take anything that you say particularly seriously. You also had a thread entitled "I am racist".

My favourite thread involved some very bizarre reasoning that somehow lead to the conclusion that only GPs can say they don't believe in ghosts. No, I don't get it either.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10392
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:35 am

Tarkus wrote:
Elessar wrote:It's sad though, to read posts by someone (who I probably disagreed with over other stuff back then, but totally agreed with on this) that passionately defend Islam and immigrants, and bemoans the media's ability to poison the general public, knowing that 6 years later he'd be arguing on the other side. What happened? Did a Muslim Uber driver only give him 3 stars or something?


No, globalist expansionists started a civil war in his wife's home country, putting a fascist puppet government in charge, while simultaneously starting another civil war in Syria to try to push the Arab Spring to a conclusion they would favour, and funded what is now one of, if not the most, dangerous terrorist organisations to do so, which in turn has caused massive turmoil in the region and too many refugees that we could adequately handle, and also enabling terrorist elements to be able to smuggle themselves into the country amongst the genuine refugees to further spread their hate. Thanks to all these things, my wife's family is under constant threat of persecution, being members of their society that are ethnically Russian, speaking that language, while being unable to do so in public for fear of being persecuted- and my wife feels unsafe here due to the terrorist threats. Essentially, thanks to EU and US expansionism, her country of origin is now hopelessly torn in two, and looks set to get worse over time. That's the main reason why I want out of the EU, because it did this to her country for its' own ends, and the fall-out of both its' and America's interference in the Middle East has placed all of us under threat.

I changed my mind over time, as is my right to do, and as you yourself have done in the past. If that means we disagree more over things, that's sad, as is the fact that we are probably on a less friendly footing than we used to be previously, but my first loyalties are with those I love, and if that means my viewpoint has now changed to one you find offensive, at least try to understand that I've done so out of love and concern for them more than anything else.


I don't understand how you can think that without the EU and without NATO, the UK and the USA will be less of a threat in the Middle East and in former Soviet nations; or how Conservative/Republican governments will be better for those respective countries.

You think your stance will help Ukraine, but it will make things worse. Mark my words.

Likewise the terrorist threat. Being out of the EU won't save us. Where have the most deaths at the hands of Islamist terrorists been this century, the USA or the EU? So leaving the EU and becoming closer to the USA will what, reduce the chance of being attacked (for what would be the, <gasp>, second time in 11 years)?
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10392
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby action » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:19 am

.
Last edited by action on Tue May 09, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I know what's right and what's wrong

      
 
Posts: 2438
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby action » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:51 am

.
Last edited by action on Tue May 09, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

I know what's right and what's wrong

      
 
Posts: 2438
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:17 am

action wrote:
Elessar wrote:You said people who wear burkas should be gassed,


I looked up that alleged post of mine, since that is an outrageous thing to say. and look what I found:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302&p=12566&hilit=gassed#p12566

"the first muslim BASTARD that forces woman to wear burquas now should be gassed"

that's what I said, and I stand by it.

so, not people who wear burkas, but people who force other people to wear them.

I said the exact opposite! liar!

really, that's the second time in two days now that your lies have been exposed.

keep digging!


Is it the opposite? I accept I got the quote slightly wrong (unintentionally), but personally I wouldn't advocate gassing anyone!
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10392
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: "Dear Mr. Murdoch..." the media manipulation of the US.

Postby Elessar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:19 am

action wrote:1.

it is well documented that Tarkus (Dusty) has heart problems. you of all people, who is so close on Tarkus' heels you'd end up with your nose in his ass should he suddenly stand still, should be the first person to have noticed. And yet, you resort to everything to upset him. Even nasty practices like looking up one's post history, in order to create some "pseudo-psychological" profile of said person, then extrapolate your own narrow-minded morals on that individual in order to cause as much stress as possible.



He doesn't, he cured himself with help from the Clintons' doctor.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10392
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 158 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest