JFK Assassination...possible rifle shot sounds?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: JFK Assassination...possible rifle shot sounds?

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:04 am

Innuendoes wrote:Broooky!!!! I hear them, loud and clear! WOW, but it sounds more like a hand gun, maybe. Or hand guns. But I DO hear them loud and clear!

I went down into the video comments and was reading last night while I was waiting for these confounded new earbuds to charge??? That's the only kind I could get that I figured I would really be able to hear with and that's the holdup. Sorry about the long wait.

What is this thing in Chicago they are talking about in the comments?

I have read in either a book or on that old JFK forum I belonged to, that Oswald had actually saved Kennedy from an assassination attempt a night or two before in Chicago. Is that what they are talking about? I was so tired I was falling asleep but determined to get through all the comments.

I agree that it does sound like hand gun shots, but I am no gun expert, so... with that said, I have read that the Carcano could reach up to 150db. (Decibels) Going by a chart I read, a rifle shot blast at 150 db can travel up to 10-15 blocks. This reporter was 6 blocks from the old court house, and the depository was a further 2 blocks to possibly 3 blocks further up from there. So give or take 8-10 blocks, total. Now, what would a rifle blast sound like, 10 blocks away due to the decrease in db amplitude from the main shooters point, plus buildings, humidity, wind, etc.? I personally would not know. You have more expertise with firearms it seems since you stated you were around and shot guns when younger. Plus one has to also take into effect the microphone technology from the '63 era, as well.

Regarding the attempt in Chicago, the poster may have been referring to the purported attempt on Kennedy's life on November 2nd, to which I have read that Oswald notified the FBI and the Secret Service about, since, "supposedly" Oswald was hired at some point by RFK due to his supposed CIA ties, to assist RFK by working under cover to uncover different assassination angles surrounding JFK for Robert F. Kennedy and inform him about all of the black operations conducted by the CIA in collaboration with the Mafia and Cuban exiles who wanted Fidel Castro dead. Whether all of that is truth, I have no idea. None the less, however the info reached the top, the Chicago trip was canceled. In the end, I have read that the November 2nd assassination attempt may have been a staged event all along in order to do exactly what it did, which was to give the Kennedys a false sense of security during the lead up to the main event in Dallas.
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

QOL'er in Black

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 am

Broooklyn wrote:
I agree that it does sound like hand gun shots, but I am no gun expert, so..., but I have read that the Carcano could reach up to 150db. (Decibels) Going by a chart I read, a rifle shot blast at 150 db can travel up to 10-15 blocks. This reporter was 6 blocks from the old court house, and the depository was a further 2 blocks to possibly 3 blocks further up from there. So give or take 8-10 blocks, total. Now, what would a rifle blast sound like, 10 blocks away due to the decrease in db amplitude from the main shooters point? I personally would not know. You have more expertise with firearms it seems since you stated you were around and shot guns when younger. Plus one has to also take into effect the microphone technology from the '63 era, as well.

Regarding the attempt in Chicago, the poster may have been referring to the purported attempt on Kennedy's life on November 2nd, to which I have read that Oswald notified the FBI and the Secret Service about, since, "supposedly" Oswald was hired at some point by RFK due to his supposed CIA ties, to assist RFK by working under cover to uncover different assassination angles surrounding JFK for Robert F. Kennedy and inform him about all of the black operations conducted by the CIA in collaboration with the Mafia and Cuban exiles who wanted Fidel Castro dead. Whether all of that is truth, I have no idea. In the end, I have read that the November 2nd assassination attempt may have been a staged event all along in order to do exactly what it did, which was to give the Kennedys a false sense of security during the lead up to the main event in Dallas.

We or my dad had an old Colt 45 but I never fired it and I am not used to handguns at all. I've only fired rifles and shotguns. I hear hunters and poachers out back shooting deer, coyotes, geese, etc, all the time and even hear them on live cams supposedly shooting gophers. Ha. Rifles make a cracking sound when they're fired. Of course there could be an echo if they're fired out in a large open space and the sound bounces off a building or a stand of trees or whatever but I can always tell the difference between, say, fireworks, firecrackers and a rifle. I seem to know what a handgun would sound like and maybe that's from hearing them in movies or videos but either way, if it was some other gun other than that crappy little thing they say Oswald used, surely a hired assassin would use a silencer. Or maybe not? I would think so with all those people around. Otherwise, everyone would turn to look at the shooter or shooters because they could hear the gun or guns going off right near them.

But that thing cannot be fired and reloaded as fast as the shots we can hear on the youtube video or as fast as Kennedy and Connally were shot, either. No way in the world. That rifle only holds one bullet, then reload, then aim, reload. It can't be done!

Now you think RFK actually knew Oswald, even in a remote sort of way? WOAH! I am pretty sure RFK didn't have anything to do with that assassination so I am thinking if they knew each other, or even met just once on purpose, there is no way Oswald was going to be the guy who shot Kennedy and IMO, he wasn't, either way.

I've read that within minutes, the police were putting out an APB on someone with the description of Oswald. How would they know what the shooter looked like without seeing him? Hmmmm? They wouldn't. All they would know is what they were told. Lies! Patsy!
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 am

Innuendoes wrote:
But that thing cannot be fired and reloaded as fast as the shots we can hear on the youtube video or as fast as Kennedy and Connally were shot, either. No way in the world. That rifle only holds one bullet, then reload, then aim, reload. It can't be done!

I agree with that. It's unfortunate because I always wanted someone to find an audio recording of shots fired, other than those supposedly on the open mic of the police officer on his bike, to which I never was able to hear, after more than numerous attempts to do so. My post was the only audio of a reporter being live on air, so close to the event, that I was ever able to come across. I still wonder what those sounds were, though. It obviously caught the reporter off guard for a moment.

Innuendoes wrote:
Now you think RFK actually knew Oswald, even in a remote sort of way? WOAH! I am pretty sure RFK didn't have anything to do with that assassination so I am thinking if they knew each other, or even met just once on purpose, there is no way Oswald was going to be the guy who shot Kennedy and IMO, he wasn't, either way.

No, not at all. I was just responding to your posed question, with things I have read about that particular day, regarding Chicago on November 2nd.
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

QOL'er in Black

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:14 am

Broooklyn wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:

I agree with that. It's unfortunate because I always wanted someone to find an audio recording of shots fired, other than those supposedly on the open mic of the police officer on his bike, to which I never was able to hear, after more than numerous attempts to do so. My post was the only audio of a reporter being live on air, so close to the event, that I was ever able to come across. I still wonder what those sounds were, though. It obviously caught the reporter off guard for a moment.

Innuendoes wrote:

No, not at all. I was just responding to your posed question, with things I have read about that particular day, regarding Chicago on November 2nd.

I'm not saying those weren't gunshots. I'm just saying those weren't the ones that actually did hit Kennedy and Connolly. What if there were people stationed at other locations, too, and they all tried and the guys whose guns we hear going off, missed? Then they have backup shooters in case the first ones miss? If "they" were going to do it, they had to make sure it was done, right? No shooting without finishing the job. I will bet money there were back-up shooters just for that purpose.

As far as RFK knowing Oswald or knowing Oswald was there in Chicago, that's possible. I am thinking Oswald really was there, though, and really did thwart an assassination attempt on JFK. Why is the Chicago situation so very much unknown, though? Is it because Oswald saved JFK that day so they can't logically put the blame on him for the assassination? Doesn't seem likely to me that he would save him one day, only to assassinate him a few days later, on purpose.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:26 am

May as well put this here... Broooky???

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:55 am

Boooky!!!

It's what I've been saying for 20+ years. These people all say the car came to a stop. Secret Service and police said the same at the time. Lots of witnesses died after testimony of what they saw and heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgZ1hBlz02M
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Previous

Return to Views Of The World