Time to quit Facebook!?

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Time to quit Facebook!?

Postby TheHero » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 am

I have many times thought about quitting Facebook, and there are many reasons to do so I think. Personally, what keeps me from quitting, is the messenger app, for making appointments etc. If there was a more serious alternative to FB, I think I would quit immediately.

But I guess FB has become too powerful to have competition from other sites, or what are your thoughts on that? Maybe Twitter, but it isn't quite my cup of tea either.

I found this video very good:

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Time to quit Facebook!?

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:16 am

TheHero wrote:I have many times thought about quitting Facebook, and there are many reasons to do so I think. Personally, what keeps me from quitting, is the messenger app, for making appointments etc. If there was a more serious alternative to FB, I think I would quit immediately.

But I guess FB has become too powerful to have competition from other sites, or what are your thoughts on that? Maybe Twitter, but it isn't quite my cup of tea either.

I found this video very good:

phpBB [video]

I don't think the internet is for you to be honest. You don't like people having a different opinion than your own and resort to dummy spitting and petty insults when they do. I do genuinely feel you are a big, blind lover of Queen, so maybe just leave the discussions and interaction to the grown ups and enjoy listening to your records.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:36 am

Facebook is a haven for trolls and self obsessed saddos who crave attention. Not pointing the finger at anyone here of course. ;)
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Kes » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Ditto.

The place is over-run with people "giving their opinions", particularly that orange racist, sexist, POTUS twat with the wig, just one who goes to show that the place is for people who just haven't got enough real things going on in their own environment to fill their time. I mean ffs, you have people in the same room writing to each other on Facebook, if that doesn't prove how sad the world's gone, what does? Should be renamed "Anti-social media".

Five minutes a day in this place is enough for most "normal" people.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby JLP » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Kes wrote:Ditto.

The place is over-run with people "giving their opinions", particularly that orange racist, sexist, POTUS twat with the wig, just one who goes to show that the place is for people who just haven't got enough real things going on in their own environment to fill their time. I mean ffs, you have people in the same room writing to each other on Facebook, if that doesn't prove how sad the world's gone, what does? Should be renamed "Anti-social media".

Five minutes a day in this place is enough for most "normal" people.

Indeed. Why do people need to say stuff like "chilling with a lager" or post a picture of the steak they are about to eat?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby sebastian » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Stuff such as IM can come in handy, so it's worth keeping for that. You can always reduce your on-line time or choose not to follow people who over-share anyway.

By the way, WhatsApp is way better for instant messaging, and it's got that nice 'quote' option, which I obviously love. Haven't got a mobile phone at the moment, but if and when I get one again, that's the app I'm using.
John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Roger did not compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

sebastian
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Being honest, Whatsapp is the only thing like that I use. A good way of sending pictures without getting charged MMS rates.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby fairydandy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm ahead of the game here. I never joined Facebook, Twitter and nor do I use a mobile phone for anything other than calls. I don't actually 'do' people either which might have a bearing on it... :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby P.T » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm a 'youngster' who quit Facebook this year after being on it since November 2006. Honestly the best decision I ever made. It should be renamed Bragbook.

P.T
We Will Rock You

Return to Views Of The World