trump is an asshole

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

trump is an asshole

Postby sacko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am

there, i said it.

turning back protection on those 2 nature reserves in utah already was a big no-no.

and now, he's going to acknowledge jerusalem as capital of israel. get ready for fucking world war III people

this man is a prat. i want nothing to do with him anymore. i'm fucking anti trump from now on

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Re: trump is an asshole

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Well, hold on now. Bear's Ears National Monument was designated by Obama at 1.53 million acres and Obama designated that at the very end of his presidency. The property for this park and the one below was taken away from the ranchers to turn it into a National Park, as was the property for Grand Staircase.

1.9 million acres of the Grand Staircase National Park will be cut in half. That was designated a National Monument around 20 years ago.

How these 2 parks came to be is because it was a land grab by the Federal Government from the farmers and ranchers to take away their land for National Parks, leaving them without income and an overreach by the federal government.

The ranchers, road accesses and hunters can not use this property as long as it was expanded into National Parks.

It's not like this property was a National Park all along. One was created 20 or so years ago and one just around 2 years ago and when there is a land grab, the farmer or rancher has no say. Eminent Domain steps in and takes it away.

I think he's doing the right thing. Maybe, now, the Bundys and the Hammonds will not only get out of prison for defending their land against land grabs (both elder men in these families are in their 70s and were both sent to prison for standing up for their own land) and lands taken away, property destroyed, cattle killed by the government to do it.
Cause you are beautiful
Your scars are beautiful, like the Jade
You'll still shine when you sink into the sea
Where the bleeding scarlet jealousy
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby Roger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Innuendoes wrote:Well, hold on now. Bear's Ears National Monument was designated by Obama at 1.53 million acres and Obama designated that at the very end of his presidency. The property for this park and the one below was taken away from the ranchers to turn it into a National Park, as was the property for Grand Staircase.

1.9 million acres of the Grand Staircase National Park will be cut in half. That was designated a National Monument around 20 years ago.

How these 2 parks came to be is because it was a land grab by the Federal Government from the farmers and ranchers to take away their land for National Parks, leaving them without income and an overreach by the federal government.

The ranchers, road accesses and hunters can not use this property as long as it was expanded into National Parks.

It's not like this property was a National Park all along. One was created 20 or so years ago and one just around 2 years ago and when there is a land grab, the farmer or rancher has no say. Eminent Domain steps in and takes it away.

I think he's doing the right thing. Maybe, now, the Bundys and the Hammonds will not only get out of prison for defending their land against land grabs (both elder men in these families are in their 70s and were both sent to prison for standing up for their own land) and lands taken away, property destroyed, cattle killed by the government to do it.

What has this got to do with Jerusalem? Or are we not allowed to criticise the racist twat?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Roger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:36 pm

The good news is that after his tantrum about Time’s Person of the Year, he made it in this year after all :thumbsup:

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year ... -breakers/

“But her emails”

“I think he's doing the right thing.”

“Grab ‘em by the pussy”

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby sacko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Roger wrote:The good news is that after his tantrum about Time’s Person of the Year, he made it in this year after all :thumbsup:

“But her emails”

“Grab ‘em by the pussy”

the #MeToo campaign has done the female rights movements no good though. Like all movements that radicalise over time, this one will not be fondly remembered. by men and women alike.

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby Roger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:06 pm

sacko wrote:
Roger wrote:The good news is that after his tantrum about Time’s Person of the Year, he made it in this year after all :thumbsup:

“But her emails”

“Grab ‘em by the pussy”

the #MeToo campaign has done the female rights movements no good though. Like all movements that radicalise over time, this one will not be fondly remembered. by men and women alike.

It’s nothing to do with female rights. It’s about predators being held to account. There have been plenty of male victims as well.

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby sacko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Roger wrote:It’s nothing to do with female rights. It’s about predators being held to account. There have been plenty of male victims as well.

personal integrity is the most fundamental right there is. the right not to be assaulted. see criminal law.

i absolutely, and unconditionally agree that predators need to be held to account.

but,

what we see here, and what this evolves into, isnt about the predators anymore. it's grown far beyond that, and now is about the way we act against women. far from being about sexual assault, it's about the things we can say to a woman. "gosh, you got nice boobs" is thrown into the same hat as rape.

it categorically isnt, and never was.

men who say such things to a woman are pigs, but not predators. and that is why this #MeToo movement has gotten ridiculous, to almost meme status

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby Roger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Oh, I agree that some people just wanted to be part of the club, and I saw some pretty questionable accounts. On the other hand, who am I to decide whether or not someone is a worthy victim?

But the Time Person of the Year thing isn’t just about #MeToo, it’s about people who have spoken out against powerful celebrities and helped bring them to justice - women AND men (see Spacey).

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Roger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:19 pm

As for Jerusalem...it’s quite a crafty move!

The only Americans criticising him for it are already libtard/leftie/snowflake/anti-Trump people, so no harm done there. His core support likely don’t see a problem, because why should they? It doesn’t really look like a big deal. He’s said he recognises Jerusalem as the capital city. Big deal, no? I bet plenty of people thought it was already the capital. Point is, it looks uncontroversial to anyone who isn’t particularly interested in Israel/Palestine politics.

But of course in Israel/Palestine it’s a HUGE deal. Palestinians, and many other people throughout the Muslim world, will be FURIOUS.

So Trump has done something that doesn’t look like a big deal, but which will piss off Muslims enormously, and also please Israel. So if there’s any kind of retaliation, there won’t be much opposition of Trump tries to extend his recently approved Muslim travel ban.

All in all, it’s a crafty move.

I completely disapprove of course, but it’s sort of nice to see him displaying some kind of intelligence, even if it is with malevolent intent!

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby sacko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Roger wrote:Oh, I agree that some people just wanted to be part of the club, and I saw some pretty questionable accounts. On the other hand, who am I to decide whether or not someone is a worthy victim?

But the Time Person of the Year thing isn’t just about #MeToo, it’s about people who have spoken out against powerful celebrities and helped bring them to justice - women AND men (see Spacey).

likewise, who are we to tell who is guilty or not?

there is a pretty big difference between feeling treated badly and actually being the victim of a criminal offence.

people are being fired, people are being named and shamed without any sort of trial. the trial, is made by the (social) media. that is, in a nutshell, the #MeToo campaign.

frankly, the more i think of it, the more i detest it.

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 pm

#MeToo isn't a campaign. A campaign is something that someone is in charge of, with a strategy and an organization.

#MeToo is a movement, an organic reaction to seeing a fellow human being speak the truth, recognizing it as truth, and adding one's own experience to that conversation.

It reminds me a lot of what happened in 1991, when Anita Hill testified about the harassment she experienced from Clarence Thomas. We didn't have twitter back then, but I vividly remember going to a theater rehearsal that week. All the guys in the group were cracking jokes. The one other woman and I just stared at each other, saying, "Can you believe what's happening?" We were stricken to our souls, and the guys around us were completely oblivious. That was the feeling.

The moment was happening for millions of other women -- and the following year, the number of women in the Senate doubled. Because women were collectively releasing their rage over how one woman was treated for telling her truth. I see the same thing happening now, as women are rushing to run for political office.

I agree with you that saying, "Gee, nice boobs" is not the same -- not even close to the same -- as grabbing a woman by the back of the neck and forcing her to watch in a mirror as you masterbate behind her. But... if you have to think twice about saying that in a workplace, think about all the things the women in that workplace have to not say because it could get them fired. Things like, "Stop grabbing my boobs," or "Please take your hand off my vagina."

I have an analogy: Brandishing a knife is not the same as sticking into a another person. But, brandishing a knife is still not appropriate in the workplace. Even talking about how much you'd like to take out a knife and brandish (or use) it in the workplace would get you fired. Unless, of course, you work in a knife factory.

Telling a co-worker that she has nice boobs is not the same as raping her. But it's still not appropriate in the workplace. Unless, of course, you work in a strip club.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby sacko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 pm

trump actually went and did it :shock: he declared jeruzalem capital of israel.

halfnut!!

sacko
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:22 am

JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Well, hold on now. Bear's Ears National Monument was designated by Obama at 1.53 million acres and Obama designated that at the very end of his presidency. The property for this park and the one below was taken away from the ranchers to turn it into a National Park, as was the property for Grand Staircase.

What has this got to do with Jerusalem? Or are we not allowed to criticise the racist twat?

Do you see this post, JLP? Do you see the part about the national parks? He calls them nature reserves. Same difference. And I was responding to it because all over the net, people are going nutso about the National Parks and don't realize when and how those specific ones that are being changed back, came about in the first place. Or am I not allowed to talk about it? :roll:

sacko wrote:there, i said it.

turning back protection on those 2 nature reserves in utah already was a big no-no.

and now, he's going to acknowledge jerusalem as capital of israel. get ready for fucking world war III people

this man is a prat. i want nothing to do with him anymore. i'm fucking anti trump from now on
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 am

I could go around saying #MeToo for a number of reasons, one being the ruination of my career. But I don't. Just throwing that in there for whatever reason.
Cause you are beautiful
Carves away your belief

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

Next

Return to Views Of The World