The New News Thread.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:00 pm

musikkkalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Great, so having said you’d rather let womankind speak for themselves than listen to me, you’ve now said you value your own opinion on the term ‘feminazi’ more than that of five women.

This must be so tiring for you. It’s tiring just watching you try to argue this. Just give it up.


No, I value the opinion of the female race - not a handful of women you have dug up. It really is simple. By your reckoning, if I post five links from five women who think male lefties are weak and not very manly (which quite a few women who I have met actually think - they just do not think that these lefties have a backbone or any kind of inner strength) then you will have to take their word for it. OK then. Brilliant logic, by the way. No, honestly, I mean it.


I had a feeling you’d go down that route so thought I’d try to find some defences of the term written by women. Couldn’t find any. Couldn’t even find any by men. Try it. Type ‘feminazi’ into Google. The hits are things like UrbanDictionary, Wikipedia, YouTube, and lots and lots and lots of articles criticising the term.

You need to accept that you’re on the wrong side of this debate. It’s a toxic term and the longer you cling onto it the more toxic you become.

The notion, by the way, that men should be ‘manly’ and ‘strong’ is responsible for so many of the world’s problems. Let’s not forget that 2 women are killed every week in the UK as a result of their strong manly men beating the shit out of them.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10647
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:03 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
sacko wrote:6-8 million people were killed by nazis

600.000.000.000.000 people were born out of cunts (according to my latest calculations)


Maybe this is going off on a tangent a bit, but that reminds me of a scene from a independently-made RPG I was playing recently...there's a part where the main character gets the group of people he's working with to ally with a neighboring group who all speak a different language, so they're all celebrating and one of women is trying to use the other's language, but gets it wrong and says "our two cunts are one" when she meant to say "our two people"....because it turns out in their language the two words are similar, etymologically close, since after all, people come from there. :lol:

(it's definitely a "recommended for mature audiences only" sort of game, ya know)


A great professor I knew who died around 6 months ago told a story about how an acquaintance of his was delivering a keynote speech at some neuroscience conference in Tokyo. He didn’t speak Japanese but had learnt enough to give some opening remarks before moving onto the crux of his talk. The audience were incredibly impressed by his effort to learn the language and responded very warmly until he said “I’ve very much enjoyed meeting some of your wives” - turns out that what he said in fact meant “I’ve very much enjoyed fucking some of your wives”!
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10647
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Elessar wrote:
I had a feeling you’d go down that route so thought I’d try to find some defences of the term written by women. Couldn’t find any. Couldn’t even find any by men. Try it. Type ‘feminazi’ into Google. The hits are things like UrbanDictionary, Wikipedia, YouTube, and lots and lots and lots of articles criticising the term.

You need to accept that you’re on the wrong side of this debate. It’s a toxic term and the longer you cling onto it the more toxic you become.

The notion, by the way, that men should be ‘manly’ and ‘strong’ is responsible for so many of the world’s problems. Let’s not forget that 2 women are killed every week in the UK as a result of their strong manly men beating the shit out of them.


Well, just because you could not find any women defending the term does not mean those women do not exist. Come on, Elly, you should know that.

And I am certainly not on the wrong side of the debate. I am just educating you about free speech and the fact that you do not decide what is deemed offensive or not.

'Manly' does not have to mean physically strong, but, rather, as I previously stated, possessing inner strength, conviction, a backbone. Please try and read posts if you are going to attempt to debate anything.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4008
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:36 pm

musikkkalprostitute wrote:
Well, just because you could not find any women defending the term does not mean those women do not exist. Come on, Elly, you should know that.

And I am certainly not on the wrong side of the debate. I am just educating you about free speech and the fact that you do not decide what is deemed offensive or not.

'Manly' does not have to mean physically strong, but, rather, as I previously stated, possessing inner strength, conviction, a backbone. Please try and read posts if you are going to attempt to debate anything.


And there’s the final transition in your dance. You value and respect the opinions of the women, real or imagined, who agree with you. The rest? Well, everyone’s entitled to an opinion but they’re certainly wrong, because you’re certainly right.

I appreciate your attempts to educate me, but you don’t think atoms exist, so I’ll take my education from more robust sources. Thanks nonetheless.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10647
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby JLP » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:49 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:I guess it also boils down to whether one’s freedom of speech is more important than acting like a decent human being. Of course you can insist on using the word. You’ll then be that guy who insists on using the word. The angry uncle who insists “but it’s just short for Pakistani!!”.


But you cannot answer the question, can you? The word 'cunt' is offensive to some women - should that not be used here either? Simple question, Sunshine.


It is allowed on here. Simples.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 411 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby icy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:44 pm

The GoFundMe campaign set up to help players and families of the crash victims has raised over 11 million dollars. Incredible!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16368
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 554 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby CNB » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:50 pm

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:56 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
But you cannot answer the question, can you? The word 'cunt' is offensive to some women - should that not be used here either? Simple question, Sunshine.


It is allowed on here. Simples.


No, you are not understanding what I am stating here. I mean, why is the word 'cunt' acceptable here - which offends some women, but 'feminazi' is not? It is a simple question aimed at all of you who take offence at certain words for whatever reason - and not one of you can answer it. Says it all really. Simples.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4008
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:00 pm

This board is pretty liberal when it comes to language. I posted the word ‘nigger’ yesterday. I’ve just posted it again now.

I can post it in a discussion of the word, or perhaps in the lyrics to March of the Black Queen, but as soon as I use it to describe a particular kind of person (even if I consider them to be extremist or harmful to ‘their’ wider demographic) that would be totally unacceptable.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10647
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Meanwhile, two black men were arrested in Starbucks because they hadn’t made a purchase, as they were waiting for a business meeting - the third man turned up whilst the arrest was being made.

http://abcnews.go.com/News/black-men-wa ... d=54470047

I’ve regularly waited in various cafes/restaurants for others to join me, usually without buying anything. I’ll have to be more careful from now on! I have a feeling I’ll be fine though.
Last edited by Elessar on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10647
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Elessar wrote:
musikkkalprostitute wrote:
Well, just because you could not find any women defending the term does not mean those women do not exist. Come on, Elly, you should know that.

And I am certainly not on the wrong side of the debate. I am just educating you about free speech and the fact that you do not decide what is deemed offensive or not.

'Manly' does not have to mean physically strong, but, rather, as I previously stated, possessing inner strength, conviction, a backbone. Please try and read posts if you are going to attempt to debate anything.


And there’s the final transition in your dance. You value and respect the opinions of the women, real or imagined, who agree with you. The rest? Well, everyone’s entitled to an opinion but they’re certainly wrong, because you’re certainly right.

I appreciate your attempts to educate me, but you don’t think atoms exist, so I’ll take my education from more robust sources. Thanks nonetheless.


I do not think I ever stated that atoms do not exist: I was talking about particular theories concerning atoms I had read about over the years which I did not believe. But I see what you are doing here: what you always do - cannot handle you are wrong and so resort to dragging up old discussions to make you feel superior (and let's not forget twisting them old words, Elly).

Anyway, we are done here. I am a man who speaks his mind and stands by my beliefs, but is willing to admit when he is wrong - you...well...your arrogance blinds you from the truth. Happy days, geez.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4008
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Elessar wrote:This board is pretty liberal when it comes to language. I posted the word ‘nigger’ yesterday. I’ve just posted it again now.

I can post it in a discussion of the word, or perhaps in the lyrics to March of the Black Queen, but as soon as I use it to describe a particular kind of person (even if I consider them to be extremist or harmful to ‘their’ wider demographic) that would be totally unacceptable.


Nah. It all depends on who says what on here. Nothing liberal about the way this place has been moderated over recent years at all. But you will disagree - you know which side your bread is buttered, Butty.

As for your second paragraph? You are not a primary school teacher, so please refrain from this kind of obvious fact. We all get it, Elly...really, we do. Yawn.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4008
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:16 pm

musikkkalprostitute wrote: cannot handle you are wrong and so resort to dragging up old discussions to make you feel superior (and let's not forget twisting them old words, Elly).


What exactly am I wrong about? That comparing women - any women really, apart from those who believe in Nazism - to Nazis is deeply offensive?

I’ve provided lots of evidence that my view is not unique to me, and you’ve received little (possibly even no) support on the matter from any other posters here.

So whilst it’s possible that I’m wrong, and that comparing feminist - even extreme feminism - to the systematic genocide of millions of Jews is a perfectly reasonable thing for an adult human to do, that certainly hasn’t been established here.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10647
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Elessar » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:19 pm

musikkkalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:This board is pretty liberal when it comes to language. I posted the word ‘nigger’ yesterday. I’ve just posted it again now.

I can post it in a discussion of the word, or perhaps in the lyrics to March of the Black Queen, but as soon as I use it to describe a particular kind of person (even if I consider them to be extremist or harmful to ‘their’ wider demographic) that would be totally unacceptable.


Nah. It all depends on who says what on here. Nothing liberal about the way this place has been moderated over recent years at all. But you will disagree - you know which side your bread is buttered, Butty.

As for your second paragraph? You are not a primary school teacher, so please refrain from this kind of obvious fact. We all get it, Elly...really, we do. Yawn.


You don’t get it, because you’re still confused and very, very angry that people don’t like you comparing feminists (extreme feminists) to war criminals. That is unless the penny has finally dropped, and you can say “We all get it” because you’ve finally joined the party and grasped something that, as you rightly say, 4 year olds could grasp.
 
Elessar
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 10647
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Elessar wrote:
You don’t get it, because you’re still confused and very, very angry that people don’t like you comparing feminists (extreme feminists) to war criminals. That is unless the penny has finally dropped, and you can say “We all get it” because you’ve finally joined the party and grasped something that, as you rightly say, 4 year olds could grasp.


Where am I displaying any signs of anger in my posts? Am I calling you all the names under the sun? Am I slating you? Nah, just giving my opinion - which, according to The Great Elly is not as worthy as his. Again, you are lying. Please stop.

Why do you always have to talk for everybody else? You do it all the time. Focus on your own arrogance and try and improve yourself, instead of putting words into the mouths of those who have lived a bit more than you, lad.

So the word 'feminazi' is offensive to some people. But not to others. So, who decides? It really is simple, Elly. Just try and focus on this one very simple question and maybe we will make some progress.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4008
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 427 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests