The New News Thread.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby julymorning » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:52 pm

What he does affects every country in the world. Russia has been trying to mess with elections in a number of countries. If Trump continues to refuse to levy the sanctions on Russia that our Congress has passed, to discourage the meddling, it's like giving Putin the booster he needs to develop further technical advances to create chaos and free rein to instill it.

But maybe you don't think so, and really all we can do is sit back and watch.

I just basically want to let CNB know I think she's got a fair handle on what's going on with him, am not here to further arguments.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby icy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:05 pm

julymorning wrote:What he does affects every country in the world. Russia has been trying to mess with elections in a number of countries. If Trump continues to refuse to levy the sanctions on Russia that our Congress has passed, to discourage the meddling, it's like giving Putin the booster he needs to develop further technical advances to create chaos and free rein to instill it.

But maybe you don't think so, and really all we can do is sit back and watch.

I just basically want to let CNB know I think she's got a fair handle on what's going on with him, am not here to further arguments.

Of course it affects other countries. Heck, it's even affected what can happen here, but who can get a word/post in edgewise about what's going on in Canada, or other subjects? Not very often, because it's always Trump this, and Trump that. I admit some of it is down to me, because I still cant post links to things I would like to discuss and I would feel a bit odd discussing things if I don't have a link to go along with my post. I'd like to discuss Justin Trudeau for example...I think there's important things happening to your northern neighbors too.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Russian plane crash, every one who was on the plane has died, 71 people. It crashed minutes after take off.
Spoiler! :
I can't post a link to the articles I'm reading about it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Broooklyn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:30 am

icy wrote:
I admit some of it is down to me, because I still cant post links to things I would like to discuss and I would feel a bit odd discussing things if I don't have a link to go along with my post.

icy wrote:Russian plane crash, every one who was on the plane has died, 71 people. It crashed minutes after take off.
Spoiler! :

Icy, I already told you what to do. Either learn how to do it, or stop writing that you can not contribute, because you can not post links when you can. Here is a link to doing so. Learn.

http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobil ... -tabpro-s/

These directions are not specific to the samsung galaxy. Like I have said previously to you, I have used virtually every tablet, and this is precisely what is done.

Here is a video:

phpBB [video]
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

Hindsight 9/11 Superman/Hero

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 am

Spook2 wrote:can we not fill up this section with Donald Trump

Great Guy ?

Bad Guy ?

Don't f**king care

Democrat / Rupublican
They all lie
They are politicians

please set up your own section for him / USA politics

thanks

Pay attention, please!

We are NOT ALLOWED to have a separate USA or North American thread for news, anymore!

Postby JLP » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 am

Right I am locking up this thread and starting a new one. Can we please try and debate the topics in a more sensible way without the childish pedantic bickering that is all too prelevant.

See? Both old news viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2470 threads are locked. And I am sure we can't create anther NA thread, therefore, I guess we can't talk about it because of the nature of it all.

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:12 am

The truth is beginning to come out. The Obama administration plotted to exonerate Hilary Clinton and FRAME President Trump. Members of the FBI created a false Russian conspiracy against President Trump.

phpBB [video]

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 am

Inny, are you denying that the meeting on June 9, 2016 in Trump Tower with Donald Trump, Jr., Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner, Ron Goldston and 3 Russians connected to Putin never took place?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Roger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:35 am

Last year, 82% of the global wealth generated went to 1% of the population.
90% of billionaires are male.
The three richest men in the USA own the same wealth as the bottom 160 million people in the USA.

This 76 page report was published a fortnight ago:
https://d1tn3vj7xz9fdh.cloudfront.net/s ... 118-en.pdf

It generated a little bit of publicity at the time, but no massive headlines. The idea, of course, was that it might influence international policy over the next year, and would be in people's minds at the time of the World Economic Forum.

Needless to say, reminding the world of these facts upsets a lot of people. This forum provides a microcosm of the sort of abuse directed towards people whose views deviate even a little bit from ardent capitalism (although admittedly this site often suffers from confusion and conflation of the capitalism/communism paradigm).

And so, inevitably, The Times (owned by....oh, you already know) dug up a 6 year old story about some serious misconduct by a handful of Oxfam's 2,500 employees (that's the GB arm - internationally there are even more), which was dealt with at the time, and has generated a massive scandal that may well result in Oxfam losing government funding. That would, of course, fit in very nicely with the government's austerity programme: Defund those who are most in need.

Perhaps unintentionally this has now generated an even wider scandal. In 2015, the Daily Mail reported that an executive for Save The Children left under a cloud of unproven accusations of sexual impropriety. That would have been the end of it but, since then, that executive has come back into the limelight, when his wife, Jo Cox, was murdered by a quintessential Daily Mail reader. Her husband Brendan has campaigned for the causes that his wife was passionate about, and the Daily Mail amongst other papers absolutely hate him for it, but it's considered poor form to attack a recently widowed man. Luckily for them, the Times exposé has given them the perfect opportunity to do so.

Unfortunately, in a world where no human is infallible, it's the ones with the cash who decide who gets brought to task.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:35 am

Broooklyn wrote:
icy wrote:
I admit some of it is down to me, because I still cant post links to things I would like to discuss and I would feel a bit odd discussing things if I don't have a link to go along with my post.

icy wrote:Russian plane crash, every one who was on the plane has died, 71 people. It crashed minutes after take off.
Spoiler! :

Icy, I already told you what to do. Either learn how to do it, or stop writing that you can not contribute, because you can not post links when you can. Here is a link to doing so. Learn.

http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobil ... -tabpro-s/

These directions are not specific to the samsung galaxy. Like I have said previously to you, I have used virtually every tablet, and this is precisely what is done.

Here is a video:

phpBB [video]

Hey, thanks for this. It's not working for me for some reason. No lie, over a year ago I had to get JLP to change my password to here, because suddenly my old password suddenly didn't work. I can only log in here by going incongnito mode on my tablet. No idea why, maybe I'm just a dumbass :-P
Or it could be my cheap ass RCA tablet :-P
Thanks for trying to help me, I appreciate it. :cheers:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby JLP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Nobody has said that American news cannot be discussed. It makes sense to have the one thread as both of the old threads were overlapping quite often. But it would be nice if tweets etc about Trump etc were cut back on.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 am

FBI informant on Uranium One Breaks Silence
Testified to three committees on Capitol Hill

https://saraacarter.com/fbi-informant-u ... nce-today/

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 am

Innuendoes wrote:FBI informant on Uranium One Breaks Silence

“LOCK HER UP !!!!!”
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:10 am

Innuendoes wrote:The truth is beginning to come out. The Obama administration plotted to exonerate Hilary Clinton and FRAME President Trump. Members of the FBI created a false Russian conspiracy against President Trump.

phpBB [video]

Oh my, I just listened to the Joe Genova tape and that really muddies the waters. Trump et al has had no contacts with the Russians and it is all about Hillary?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 am

CNB wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:FBI informant on Uranium One Breaks Silence

“LOCK HER UP !!!!!”

You forgot to add the hashtag.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 pm

The FISA warrant on Carter Page was NOT based solely on the Christopher Steele Dossier. Trump’s new FBI director, Chris Wray, confirmed in a Senate Hearing today that the thousands of documents they provided to the House Intelligence Committee was cherrypicked by Devin Nunes to fit the Trump narrative and not the truth!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World