The New News Thread.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby CNB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

I wish I could remember exactly word for word what Republican Steve Schmidt said today about our so-called president on the Deadline: White House program. He nailed it perfectly! What I do remember he said is that he is intellectually, morally and temperamentally unfit to hold that office!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

The burkha is coming...

Postby fairydandy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm

What on earth is going on? If it's not pretty F1 girls being banned, it's the girls on the darts podium, or those who hold the placards up during boxing rounds...and now this... :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43049517

Should the girls just dress in burkhas and be done with it? Sex sells and the persuit of it in both males and females pretty much drives the human race, so why are we now attempting to deny it?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Spook2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 am

she's only saying that because she has fat saggy arms

Partially agree with her

fat saggy arm women, cover up

rest of you , show them lovely arms off

simple

Spook2
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am

I posted a separate topic and now the post has been removed to here? Why is that?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Re: The burkha is coming...

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:02 pm

fairydandy wrote:What on earth is going on? If it's not pretty F1 girls being banned, it's the girls on the darts podium, or those who hold the placards up during boxing rounds...and now this... :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43049517

Should the girls just dress in burkhas and be done with it? Sex sells and the persuit of it in both males and females pretty much drives the human race, so why are we now attempting to deny it?

Yup; totally agree. We will get to a point soon in which the opposite sexes will not even be allowed to look at each other lustfully. It's human nature, people. PC bollocks to keep the hairy feminazis happy.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby fairydandy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm

I spelt 'pursuit' incorrectly, realised immediately, but edits are no longer allowed.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:40 pm

fairydandy wrote:Sex sells and the persuit of it in both males and females pretty much drives the human race, so why are we now attempting to deny it?

I think society is starting to re-evaluate this statement. I think it’s a self-perpetuating cycle. Sex sells because it is used to sell stuff. People will still go to darts without bikini clad models being there. The problem with abolishing the practice is that it will put those women out of employment, and it’s denying them the opportunity to do what they want to do.

To me, gender equality isn’t so much about true ‘equality’, because clearly men and women aren’t equal in many unchangeable ways, but rather is about independence. Women should be able to live their lives without depending on men, should they choose to do so, and without men telling them what to do. The idea of men comparing women who want to make their own choices about their own vaginas to the Holocaust would be laughable if it wasn’t so tenacious (see http://www.mediamatters.org/research/20 ... slu/186336).

I’d also say that the word ‘feminist’ shouldn’t really need to exist. Basically you’re either in favour of gender equality or you’re a sexist. The idea that people who believe women should be treated equally to men are ‘feminists’ skews the argument really, as if it’s perhaps ‘feminist’ is the opposite of ‘chauvinist’, which of course it isn’t.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:33 pm

School shooting in Parlkland, Florida. Numerous fatalities is being reported. Suspect in custody.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby fairydandy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Roger wrote:
fairydandy wrote:Sex sells and the persuit of it in both males and females pretty much drives the human race, so why are we now attempting to deny it?

I think society is starting to re-evaluate this statement. I think it’s a self-perpetuating cycle. Sex sells because it is used to sell stuff. People will still go to darts without bikini clad models being there. The problem with abolishing the practice is that it will put those women out of employment, and it’s denying them the opportunity to do what they want to do.

To me, gender equality isn’t so much about true ‘equality’, because clearly men and women aren’t equal in many unchangeable ways, but rather is about independence. Women should be able to live their lives without depending on men, should they choose to do so, and without men telling them what to do. The idea of men comparing women who want to make their own choices about their own vaginas to the Holocaust would be laughable if it wasn’t so tenacious (see http://www.mediamatters.org/research/20 ... slu/186336).

I’d also say that the word ‘feminist’ shouldn’t really need to exist. Basically you’re either in favour of gender equality or you’re a sexist. The idea that people who believe women should be treated equally to men are ‘feminists’ skews the argument really, as if it’s perhaps ‘feminist’ is the opposite of ‘chauvinist’, which of course it isn’t.

There is a wonderful irony here though. The 'West' would, in the main, like to stop seeing women dressed in burkhas, because they feel they are being oppressed and not taken seriously....and the women in the 'West' now want to cover up because they feel they are being oppressed and not taken seriously.

If women want to walk around in swimsuits for the gratification of men, I have no issue with that, just as I have no issue with the women who grab hold of and ogle at men at the 'Chippendale' shows.

It seems as if we are trying to sanitise the whole world now and it's becoming less and less fun to live in. It will be stripped back more and more now under the banner of 'equality', until like 'Health & Safety', it just becomes something that's derided and laughed at.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm

icy wrote:School shooting in Parlkland, Florida. Numerous fatalities is being reported. Suspect in custody.

How many more? Still at least the victims are in the VPs thoughts and prayers. Like that is going to do any bleeding good.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby icy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 pm

JLP wrote:
icy wrote:School shooting in Parlkland, Florida. Numerous fatalities is being reported. Suspect in custody.

How many more? Still at least the victims are in the VPs thoughts and prayers. Like that is going to do any bleeding good.

How many more, how many mass shootings? Too many. More than prayers is needed to change things.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Going back to the feminist and feminazi conversation. There is a huge difference between a feminist and a feminazi. I don't fear feminists. I can't say that I am one but I do believe in people having rights and women being given the same pay for jobs, etc. I have never had a job where men were paid more than me for the same work. We were always all equal in that sense.

As far as feminazis, they scare the shit out of me, literally. They are very radical, full of hate and feel men should really be eliminated altogether. They really believe this world can do without men, period and that reproduction can be done by cloning and other means of artificially fertilizing eggs. Men are hated and not needed in that group. And like I said, they scare the hell out of me. They're very freaky people and they seem to be taking over large areas of this country in certain circles/areas.

Innuendoes

Postby Innuendoes » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:40 pm

icy wrote:
JLP wrote:

How many more, how many mass shootings? Too many. More than prayers is needed to change things.

There are things going on that some people have either never heard of or won't research. It's not guns. We have had guns in this country since the beginning of the United States and never had this horrible problem. Something is very wrong with the people in this country but that falls on deaf ears for the most part. Sorry, I can't say anymore or I won't is more like it because of the backlash I will get.

I'll say this then I am out of this discussion. I remember driving around with gun racks in the back of pickup trucks in the 60s and 70s - loaded rifles. No one ever got shot. Think about it.

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 am

I don’t know what a feminazi looks like but I am more afraid of the burly, unfeminine, tattooed women I saw yelling “lock her up” at Trump/Pence rallies and the RNC convention in 2016!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

The Newest News of the New News Thread

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:12 am

My God. A Facebook friend of mine daughter was at the school where the shooting took place earlier today. She's safe.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World