The New News Thread.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:32 am

action wrote:Well, it's not like Trump made the law that says children can not be jailed together with their parents. This law was made a long time ago.

Everyone's favorite president, Obama, did nothing to correct this law. Trump does, after seeing the perverse consequences of this law in relation to his immigration politics.

I guess the SJW's were crying wolf over trump again, for nothing.

Trump is busy repairing the existing law (which says children can not be jailed together with their parents), which existed way before he was even elected.

The separation of families was a result of the Trump administration's "zero tolerance policy" on immigration.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/05/trump-blames-own-border-policy-on-democrats/

“We have to break up families,” Trump claimed, because of “bad laws that the Democrats gave us.” But there is no such law. Instead, it’s the administration’s decision to criminally prosecute all immigrants who cross the border illegally that will cause children to be separated from their parents.

Basically, the problem isn't that children aren't being "jailed together with their parents," it's that all the parents are being jailed, which of course results in their separation from their children.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Elessar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:34 am

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
action wrote:Well, it's not like Trump made the law that says children can not be jailed together with their parents. This law was made a long time ago.

Everyone's favorite president, Obama, did nothing to correct this law. Trump does, after seeing the perverse consequences of this law in relation to his immigration politics.

I guess the SJW's were crying wolf over trump again, for nothing.

Trump is busy repairing the existing law (which says children can not be jailed together with their parents), which existed way before he was even elected.

The separation of families was a result of the Trump administration's "zero tolerance policy" on immigration.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/05/trump-blames-own-border-policy-on-democrats/

“We have to break up families,” Trump claimed, because of “bad laws that the Democrats gave us.” But there is no such law. Instead, it’s the administration’s decision to criminally prosecute all immigrants who cross the border illegally that will cause children to be separated from their parents.

Basically, the problem isn't that children aren't being "jailed together with their parents," it's that all the parents are being jailed, which of course results in their separation from their children.

wrong on all acounts

did trump make a law that children can't be jailed together with their parents? provide proof, please.

the only thing Trump did was tightening border security. The separation of children and parents was NOT wanted by the trump administration; even more: he has just signed a law that will prevent such a thing from happening ever again!
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am

action wrote:wrong on all acounts

did trump make a law that children can't be jailed together with their parents? provide proof, please.

I never said he did. Read what I just said about that again.

The separation of children and parents was NOT wanted by the trump administration

:lol:

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am

Pity there wasn't a Trump around 300 years ago to stop all the immigration into America resulting in genocide.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby action » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
The separation of children and parents was NOT wanted by the trump administration

show me proof that shows trump wanted children to be separated from their families
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:09 am

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:24 am

action wrote:Image

Based on that lazy definition I am 0% SJW :thumbsup:

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:35 am

action wrote:
The__KingOfRhye wrote:

show me proof that shows trump wanted children to be separated from their families

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/attorney-general-sessions-delivers-remarks-association-state-criminal-investigative

Attorney General Sessions Delivers Remarks to the Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies 2018 Spring Conference

Scottsdale, AZ ~ Monday, May 7, 2018

....If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law. If you don’t like that, then don’t smuggle children over our border.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am

action wrote:Image

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:50 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/opinion/charles-rhines-gay-jury-death-row.html

A Jury May Have Sentenced a Man to Death Because He’s Gay. And the Justices Don’t Care.

On Monday, the Supreme Court announced it would not stop South Dakota from killing a man who may have been sentenced to death because he is gay.

Some of the jurors who imposed the death penalty on Charles Rhines, who was convicted of murder, have said they thought the alternative — a life sentence served in a men’s prison — was something he would enjoy as a gay man.

During deliberations, the jury had often discussed the fact that Mr. Rhines was gay and there was “a lot of disgust” about it, one juror recalled in an interview, according to the court petition. Another said that jurors knew he was gay and “thought that he shouldn’t be able to spend his life with men in prison.” A third recounted hearing that if the jury did not sentence Mr. Rhines to death, “if he’s gay, we’d be sending him where he wants to go.”

The justices rejected Mr. Rhines’s plea to hear his bias claim, allowing his death sentence to stand despite disturbing evidence that it may have been the result of anti-L.G.B.T. animus. As usual, the court gave no explanation for its decision not to review the case. But its silence sent a deeply troubling message about the value placed on the lives of L.G.B.T. people.

Yikes.....now I'm not even against the death penalty, (and, by the way, no one not even including Mr. Rhines himself is disputing that he's a cold-blooded murderer) but that's some f-ed up reasoning right there. They're basically saying they're gonna give him the death penalty because they think gay men would enjoy getting raped in prison? If you follow this line of reasoning, how can we send any gay men to prison for any crime, then? Guess we'd have to have all gay criminals put into solitary confinement?

Also....could be viewed as a violation of the 14th Amendment, possibly?

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Postby bigV » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:48 am

The__KingOfRhye wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/opinion/charles-rhines-gay-jury-death-row.html

A Jury May Have Sentenced a Man to Death Because He’s Gay. And the Justices Don’t Care.

On Monday, the Supreme Court announced it would not stop South Dakota from killing a man who may have been sentenced to death because he is gay.

Some of the jurors who imposed the death penalty on Charles Rhines, who was convicted of murder, have said they thought the alternative — a life sentence served in a men’s prison — was something he would enjoy as a gay man.

During deliberations, the jury had often discussed the fact that Mr. Rhines was gay and there was “a lot of disgust” about it, one juror recalled in an interview, according to the court petition. Another said that jurors knew he was gay and “thought that he shouldn’t be able to spend his life with men in prison.” A third recounted hearing that if the jury did not sentence Mr. Rhines to death, “if he’s gay, we’d be sending him where he wants to go.”

The justices rejected Mr. Rhines’s plea to hear his bias claim, allowing his death sentence to stand despite disturbing evidence that it may have been the result of anti-L.G.B.T. animus. As usual, the court gave no explanation for its decision not to review the case. But its silence sent a deeply troubling message about the value placed on the lives of L.G.B.T. people.

Yikes.....now I'm not even against the death penalty, (and, by the way, no one not even including Mr. Rhines himself is disputing that he's a cold-blooded murderer) but that's some f-ed up reasoning right there. They're basically saying they're gonna give him the death penalty because they think gay men would enjoy getting raped in prison? If you follow this line of reasoning, how can we send any gay men to prison for any crime, then? Guess we'd have to have all gay criminals put into solitary confinement?

Also....could be viewed as a violation of the 14th Amendment, possibly?

Congratulations, America. You've become Iran.

The death penalty is a barbaric act, and any country that still practices it is uncivilised.

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:34 pm

This is our President!

Tremendous......Tremendous!

phpBB [video]
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

Hindsight 9/11 Superman/Hero

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 pm

I have only just read the news about that 'orrible little Gallagher boy calling our Freddie a 'goofy c*nt'. This coming from a man who looks as if he is bang in the middle of changing into a werewolf (monobrow freak).

It wouldn't be so bad if he actually said something with added wit or intelligence, but the man is a first class fucktard; he writes like a wired 12 year old after a big bag of Haribo.

Liam, Liam, Liam. Listen, Sunshine, you will never, ever get anywhere close to Freddie's greatness. Even your own fans are disgusted at you. You are an absolute embarrassment and the furthest thing from a rock star I can imagine.

Funny how Freddie never felt so insecure in his talents that he had to attack others for no reason. But you? It is what you do. And it is obvious why. Grow up, boy.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby bigV » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:57 am

Freddie has referred to himself as "greedy bitch", "aging queen" and "musical prostitute". And that's just in the 80s. Liam Gallagher, the less talented brother, is a twat and everyone knows it. But this is much ado about nothing. He got waaaaay more attention than he deserved. Let's move on, shall we?

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World