The New News Thread.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Elessar wrote:
That sums up everything that is wrong with how people vote nowadays.

The content was irrelevant, it’s the fact that he was articulate, smart and spoke from a position of superior knowledge that riles people. They’d rather someone put a catchy one-liner on the side of a bus.

Wrong again.

You may think he came across as smart and articulate, but many don't. So your talk of him riling people is wrong with regards to that mistaken view. No, he was patronising and he made a veiled threat - with all the arrogance of someone in his position.

So, no one wanted soundbites or something simple on the side of a bus; they just wanted to be treated with a little respect.

At least he is out now. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:11 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:
Surely Trump is doing exactly the same though?

Not from the little I have read. I do not see any veiled threats from him, like there was from Obama. Although, I am no supporter of Trump so I do not read much of what he says anyway; if he has made similar veiled threats then I would find him equally as annoying.

It wasn’t a veiled threat. It was the Democratic party’s policy. Now as it happens, there’s a Republican government in power so it’s now irrelevant. But this wasn’t a case of Obama’s saying “Please do what my mate Dave says or I’ll punish you”. This was the president of the USA explaining what the USA’s position will be when it comes to negotiating trade deals with a post-EU UK. The people of the UK were given a referendum on Brexit but that doesn’t mean they get to decide how the rest of the world deals with that decision.

As for Trump, he publicly undermined Theresa May by giving an interview to The Sun in which he ridiculed her policies and said Boris Johnson would do a better job. He also behaved appallingly when with the Queen, showing her no respect whatsoever. Forget the fact that she’s the Queen; no one should treat a 92 year old the way he did, having her trotting behind, struggling to keep up on an uneven surface.

Elessar

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Elessar wrote:It wasn’t a veiled threat. It was the Democratic party’s policy. Now as it happens, there’s a Republican government in power so it’s now irrelevant. But this wasn’t a case of Obama’s saying “Please do what my mate Dave says or I’ll punish you”. This was the president of the USA explaining what the USA’s position will be when it comes to negotiating trade deals with a post-EU UK. The people of the UK were given a referendum on Brexit but that doesn’t mean they get to decide how the rest of the world deals with that decision.

As for Trump, he publicly undermined Theresa May by giving an interview to The Sun in which he ridiculed her policies and said Boris Johnson would do a better job. He also behaved appallingly when with the Queen, showing her no respect whatsoever. Forget the fact that she’s the Queen; no one should treat a 92 year old the way he did, having her trotting behind, struggling to keep up on an uneven surface.

Yeah, it was. You can paint it anyway you wish - it was a veiled threat; and the great British public did not take too kindly to that threat either. Good.

But where is the threat from Trump? I have not read any threats aimed at us.

As for her Maj? My heart bleeds...it really, truly does.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:This is a very insightful and slightly chilling article. It’s also not written by a British person or an American person so hopefully it can be read without being instantly dismissed as snowflake/leftie/SJW/virtue signalling or whatever the soundbite of the day is.

Yeah, your lot can make OTT and unfounded accusations until you are blue in the face, but others cannot call you out for what YOU are...yeah, that seems fair. :roll:

They are not soundbites just because you do not agree with them.

No, they’re soundbites because they’re soundbites. Lazy, weaponised labels used to discredit the notion of common decency under an illusion that this is about politics, class, upbringing or intelligence. It’s not; it’s about being a decent human being.

Elessar

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:24 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:As for her Maj? My heart bleeds...it really, truly does.

So having shown no compassion for a 92 year old woman, my question is this: Is there any group of people you DO have any compassion whatsoever for?

Elessar

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:26 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Yeah, it was. You can paint it anyway you wish - it was a veiled threat; and the great British public did not take too kindly to that threat either. Good.

If your mum tells you not to run with your shoe laces untied because you might trip over, that’s not a veiled threat. It’s a prediction based on facts.

Although I must say, I’ve never actually known anyone to trip over untied shoelaces. I suspect it’s another leftie lie.

Elessar

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Yeah, your lot can make OTT and unfounded accusations until you are blue in the face, but others cannot call you out for what YOU are...yeah, that seems fair. :roll:

They are not soundbites just because you do not agree with them.

No, they’re soundbites because they’re soundbites. Lazy, weaponised labels used to discredit the notion of common decency under an illusion that this is about politics, class, upbringing or intelligence. It’s not; it’s about being a decent human being.

No. They are perfect words to describe the likes of your lot. Just as you think the word racist explains those like myself (you know, those who may not be ashamed of their country, etc.), others think those words best describe you and your types. And they didn't come about for nothing; they came about because your lot are doing so much damage by spreading your negativity and false accusations - people have simply had enough.

I think we shall see The Right rise even more on a global scale...and that is all down to your lot and the damage they have caused and the divisions they have caused. Your constant attacks on good people (who have different views to yourselves), your constant accusations and your OTT, PC-obsessed attitudes have pissed too many good people off - they have had enough. So, ironically, The Right can thank The Left for all the good work it has done for them. Brilliant.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:As for her Maj? My heart bleeds...it really, truly does.

So having shown no compassion for a 92 year old woman, my question is this: Is there any group of people you DO have any compassion whatsoever for?

Oh, shit...what did he do? Did he push her over? Did he try and mug the old thing? Nah. So, you can stick your 'compassion'; I shall focus on real compassion for those who suffer...but each to their own.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Elessar wrote:
If your mum tells you not to run with your shoe laces untied because you might trip over, that’s not a veiled threat. It’s a prediction based on facts.

Although I must say, I’ve never actually known anyone to trip over untied shoelaces. I suspect it’s another leftie lie.

Your analogy works perfectly in this case because it takes the form of a parenting/child scenario...which could be seen as quite patronising in a different context (like, I dunno…a world leader trying to dictate to another country how to run its affairs, for example).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:37 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Your analogy works perfectly in this case because it takes the form of a parenting/child scenario...which could be seen as quite patronising in a different context (like, I dunno…a world leader trying to dictate to another country how to run its affairs, for example).

Like this?

http://time.com/5338007/the-sun-interview-donald-trump/

Elessar

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:41 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Oh, shit...what did he do? Did he push her over? Did he try and mug the old thing? Nah. So, you can stick your 'compassion'; I shall focus on real compassion for those who suffer...but each to their own.

What, like Syrian refugees?

Elessar

Postby WeeMann » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:29 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:
Surely Trump is doing exactly the same though?

Not from the little I have read. I do not see any veiled threats from him, like there was from Obama. Although, I am no supporter of Trump so I do not read much of what he says anyway; if he has made similar veiled threats then I would find him equally as annoying.

It's made big news over the last couple of days, you don't have to look far to find his comments:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/t ... -deal-off/
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby action » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:45 pm

parents pay money to let their children play in these cages

can you imagine that? a cage! poor children :(
Why stand on a silent platform?

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:53 pm

action wrote:Image

parents pay money to let their children play in these cages

can you imagine that? a cage! poor children :(

Take a step back and look at what you’ve just posted. I don’t think this is you. I don’t want to believe you’re truly such a heartless bastard that you’d compare children being held in cages having been forcibly separated from their parents to kids going to a McDonald’s play area.

Elessar

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

What, like Syrian refugees?

But away from your immature little digs, what did he actually do? You were talking about a lack of compassion for an old bird - so what did he do?

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World