The New News Thread.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:04 pm

JLP wrote:Florida passes a law on gun control in the wake of the recent Parkland massacre and the NRA files a lawsuit sueing Florida. You really could not make it up..

Yes, and they didn’t even ban AR-15 assault rifles!

“Obama’s legacy: He sparked hope — and got blindsided”

http://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/09/opini ... index.html
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:03 pm

My first awareness of questionable aquaculture practices (in China and Taiwan in particular) dealt with shrimp, one of my favorite foods. I have never knowingly eaten any Tilapia before but I just learned they are from the Cichlid family, some of which are very pretty, grow quite large and make interesting aqaurium pets Yes as I said, I was alerted to it by a news program, maybe 20/20 or one of the other news based programs. It was before I ever owned a computer capable of having google or anything more sophisticated than 'chatrooms' that I used to visit in the local University computer room after hours with my gal pal who was married to a physics professor.

The thing is, reported news comes from printed articles from some source, or from a UPI feed. But it ends up in print. And now days it also ends up on the web. It is entirely possible to get truthful information off of the internet, from reliable sources. That's generally where unclassified information ends up these days. Memes on social media are not a reliable source. Lots of satire sourced material on the net also isn't a good source, but it blows my mind how many people don't bother to check for that on social media.

I'm a label reader too, Inny.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Roger » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Okay, here’s the dumbed down version that I grasped when I saw this film on my 8th birthday:

phpBB [video]

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:24 pm

IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby julymorning » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:49 am

Roger has gone on my ignore list. He's the only one on it.. Maybe he should have done himself the favor, but since I beat him to it, obviously I'm not as dumb as he thinks I am.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Tattletale » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:25 am

JLP wrote:Florida passes a law on gun control in the wake of the recent Parkland massacre and the NRA files a lawsuit sueing Florida. You really could not make it up..

Absolutely unbelievable! So an eighteen year old cannot be trusted to go into a store and buy a bottle of wine, but they should be able to buy an assault rifle??

Tattletale
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:54 pm

In 2004 the Republicans crucified and labeled John Kerry a “flip-flipper” for the one time he changed his mind and said “I voted for it before I voted against it.” I bet, like me, no one remembers what he was referring to because now we have a guy who flip-flops every hour on the hour and the Republicans say NOTHING !!!!!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Roger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:45 pm

The point is that there are 6 billion humans on this earth and, like it or not, they all produce a large amount of effluent. That HAS to go somewhere. It can’t leave the ecosystem. It gets broken down into its constituent molecules and repurposed into new organic matter, a lot of which re-enters the food chain, some of it directly via us.

There may be an ‘ick’ factor associated with the idea of ‘eating human faeces’ but when you stop to think it through logically, you realise that it’s unavailable and absolutely fine.

Now directly eating human waste is, of course, both disgusting and harmful. And if that is happening anywhere, then it is indeed a public health issue, beyond the accepted levels that we inevitably consume daily. But if you’re going to worry about how much human waste your food has come into contact with, consider the number of times your glass of tap water (or even your bottle of mineral water) has passed through a human alimentary canal. It’s certainly not zero times.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:13 pm

CNB wrote:In 2004 the Republicans crucified and labeled John Kerry a “flip-flipper” for the one time he changed his mind and said “I voted for it before I voted against it.” I bet, like me, no one remembers what he was referring to because now we have a guy who flip-flops every hour on the hour and the Republicans say NOTHING !!!!!

Even before that, I remember very well that was one of the main charges against Bill Clinton when he ran, that he was a "waffler".

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby icy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Roger wrote:The point is that there are 6 billion humans on this earth and, like it or not, they all produce a large amount of effluent. That HAS to go somewhere. It can’t leave the ecosystem. It gets broken down into its constituent molecules and repurposed into new organic matter, a lot of which re-enters the food chain, some of it directly via us.

There may be an ‘ick’ factor associated with the idea of ‘eating human faeces’ but when you stop to think it through logically, you realise that it’s unavailable and absolutely fine.

Now directly eating human waste is, of course, both disgusting and harmful. And if that is happening anywhere, then it is indeed a public health issue, beyond the accepted levels that we inevitably consume daily. But if you’re going to worry about how much human waste your food has come into contact with, consider the number of times your glass of tap water (or even your bottle of mineral water) has passed through a human alimentary canal. It’s certainly not zero times.

Why did I read this while eating? :oops:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:53 am

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 am

ICE spokesman resigns over false statements by top officials about California immigrant arrests .....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... t-arrests/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Roger, you're just talking shit!

(Literally) :lol:

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Funniest news item in recent days:

Owen Jones (extreme leftie) has stated that he wants anyone who identifies as a woman to be included on Labour's all-women short lists. In the process, he has angered some feminists. Pathetic but damn funny.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:59 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Funniest news item in recent days:

Owen Jones (extreme leftie) has stated that he wants anyone who identifies as a woman to be included on Labour's all-women short lists. In the process, he has angered some feminists. Pathetic but damn funny.

What exactly are "Labour's all-women short lists"?

I guess I'm trying to find out if that just means regarding trans women as women....

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World