The New News Thread.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby JLP » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:29 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:
But like the stats show, a woman is far more likely to be killed by a man than a man is by a woman. Of course not allowed men areviolent and want to kill women. But what label should we give to those that do?


Oh, I agree one hundred per cent: men are far more violent on the whole (which is why I have always preferred the company of women).

But, here we are talking about a particular group of extremist women who go out of their way to attack the opposite sex (and wish them death) as opposed to men and women in general. I don't know if there is a particular group of men who wish death on the female race - I've never heard of them anyway.



Muslim men whose wives and daughters do not conform to their religion? And that is not a dig at you or anyone else. We all know about honour killings.

I say that extremists on all sides are wrong and they probably do more harm to the cause moderate people advocate.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby JLP » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Roger wrote:If we’re only talking about these mythical mass-murdering man-haters, why do you comment on their physical appearance (cf “hairy feminazis”)?


Erm, because I want to. And because whenever I have seen one of their kind they always look hairy and very male - basically the opposite of feminine. Do I think they are all hairy? No. But those who I have been unfortunate enough to notice are invariably hairy, uncouth types. Just an observation and nothing more.



The videos that Inny has posted seem to show women that are far from hairy.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Roger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Roger wrote:If we’re only talking about these mythical mass-murdering man-haters, why do you comment on their physical appearance (cf “hairy feminazis”)?


Erm, because I want to. And because whenever I have seen one of their kind they always look hairy and very male - basically the opposite of feminine. Do I think they are all hairy? No. But those who I have been unfortunate enough to notice are invariably hairy, uncouth types. Just an observation and nothing more.


You know that the hairlessness that you associate with femininity isn’t actually natural, right?

Now don’t get me wrong, I prefer a well groomed woman. But I’m under no illusion that it’s a sign of being ‘feminine’. It’s got nothing to do with femininity, but rather to do with conforming to a standard that we have invented (and with some alarming possible bio-evolutionary explanations, but that’s another story).

I don’t find hairy women attractive. But if they want to remain unshaved, that should be their decision, and no man (or woman, for that matter) should try to take that choice away from them through bullying.
Last edited by Roger on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby JLP » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Innuendoes wrote:I had a 2nd cousin. She was my dad's first cousin and she was raised by my grandmother, along with her sister, her brother, my aunt and my father. She was definitely "different". She got along well with others and was an overseas operator during WWII. She retired from the phone company when it was time to retire.

One day on one of her trips back home (she lived in California, where she worked) she told my mother she would like to kill a pig as she glared at my mother with a knife in her hand. Later, she told my mother if my mother harmed her dress that my mother was mending for her, she would "stick her with a knife" as she was, again, holding a knife.

Once she was home on vacation, again, and told me she was walking up some flights of stairs to her apartment in a high rise in California, spotted a Siamese Cat sitting in a hallway window, walked up to it and shoved it out the window. She grinned a devilish grin at me as she told of her story and she was very proud of herself for killing the cat.

My dad, aunt and none of her siblings behaved this way nor made threats to humans, either. I have often wondered what was wrong with her, mentally, to do so many evil things. And she did do other things to my mother.

Bad seed? :?


Thank fuck she would not have been able buy a gun. Imagine what might have happened then. Oh hang on a minute.......
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 pm

JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I had a 2nd cousin. She was my dad's first cousin and she was raised by my grandmother, along with her sister, her brother, my aunt and my father. She was definitely "different". She got along well with others and was an overseas operator during WWII. She retired from the phone company when it was time to retire.

One day on one of her trips back home (she lived in California, where she worked) she told my mother she would like to kill a pig as she glared at my mother with a knife in her hand. Later, she told my mother if my mother harmed her dress that my mother was mending for her, she would "stick her with a knife" as she was, again, holding a knife.

Once she was home on vacation, again, and told me she was walking up some flights of stairs to her apartment in a high rise in California, spotted a Siamese Cat sitting in a hallway window, walked up to it and shoved it out the window. She grinned a devilish grin at me as she told of her story and she was very proud of herself for killing the cat.

My dad, aunt and none of her siblings behaved this way nor made threats to humans, either. I have often wondered what was wrong with her, mentally, to do so many evil things. And she did do other things to my mother.

Bad seed? :?


Thank fuck she would not have been able buy a gun. Imagine what might have happened then. Oh hang on a minute.......


She was dangerous. She stalked my mother, literally, after my father's death. She would sneak around our house in the dark and put crosses under the windows, trying to scare my mother. She would also sneak around my mother's house every time I went there to visit after I had moved out to my own place and she and her brother would follow me in a taxi to the other town that I lived in, 7 miles away. One day I came home from work and was walking past my living room window during daylight, only to see her step off the curb a block away while looking straight at my house, then jump back because she must have seen me in the window. I fixed their asses after that. Every time I left my mother's house, I took them on a wild goose chase, all over town and then some, then went to the tavern instead of home. LOL.

She and her 2 siblings did do things to cards sent to my mother, though, now that I think of it. They would send her birthday or Christmas cards and step on the back of them leaving black footprints on the back and sometimes they'd crumple them up, then straighten them back out, somewhat, before putting them in the envelope, then mail them to her.

Once my mother got a birthday card with a dead chicken hanging upside down and blood running from it's throat which totally freaked my mother out.

After I married my 1st husband, I got the card, too. Footprints and all.

I got a phone call from them saying the brother, my Godfather, wanted me to come over and to not bring my husband as my Godfather had a "bone to pick with me". My mom told the priest all of the above and then some and the priest told her to tell me under no circumstances should I ever go there, alone. No telling what he knew about them.

I am going somewhat offtrack but the 1st cousin I talked about was a woman with a very definite problem and she killed animals for fun. Not something one used to see women doing. Nowadays, there are reports of women killing animals for fun almost daily. What in the hell is happening to people as a whole, world wide, especially women? :?
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: TheAnd New News Thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:52 pm

And I will pretty well believe, that kid didn't buy that gun, unless he did it over the internet. He was an orphan whose mother had just died in November. He was living with a friend and the friend's parents.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: TheAnd New News Thread.

Postby JLP » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Innuendoes wrote:And I will pretty well believe, that kid didn't buy that gun, unless he did it over the internet. He was an orphan whose mother had just died in November. He was living with a friend and the friend's parents.


According to the BBC, he bought the rifle legally.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: TheAnd New News Thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:13 pm

JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:And I will pretty well believe, that kid didn't buy that gun, unless he did it over the internet. He was an orphan whose mother had just died in November. He was living with a friend and the friend's parents.


According to the BBC, he bought the rifle legally.


I don't think a 19 year old can legally buy a gun. If they can in any state, that should be changed at once.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Roger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:17 pm

How is it that in America, people are more afraid of Muslims and women than they are of men with legally bought, legally concealed, semi-automatic weapons?
 
Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Damn, that's very wrong. I guess, now, it depends on the date he bought it. It also depends on his age according to these laws. I've seen every age between 17 and 21 for this guy.

The 2nd worst thing about all of this is that it seems everyone he knew, knew he had a psych problem and knew he was violent but did nothing. :?

Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess in Florida
Last updated November 16, 2017.
Florida generally prohibits a person under age 18 from possessing a firearm.1 However, this prohibition does not apply to unloaded firearms in the minor’s home.2 It also does not apply if the minor is:

Engaged in a lawful hunting activity and is at least age 16 or, if under age 16, is supervised by an adult;
Engaged in a lawful marksmanship competition or practice or other lawful recreational shooting activity, and is at least age 16 or, if under age 16, is supervised by an adult who is acting with the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian; or
Transporting an unloaded firearm directly to or from one of the aforementioned events.3
Florida law penalizes any parent or guardian, or other adult responsible for the welfare of a minor, who knowingly and willfully permits the minor to possess a firearm in violation these provisions.4

Florida also prohibits any dealer from selling or transferring any firearm to a minor under age 18.5 In addition, Florida law penalizes any person who knowingly or willfully sells or transfers a firearm to a minor without the permission of the minor’s parent or guardian.6 Note that federal age restrictions also apply, and generally prohibit licensed firearms dealers from selling handguns to persons under age 21. For other child safety measures, see the Florida Child Access Prevention section.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/minimum-a ... n-florida/
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Roger wrote:How is it that in America, people are more afraid of Muslims and women than they are of men with legally bought, legally concealed, semi-automatic weapons?


This guy, probably a legal adult, didn't look like an adult and had been enrolled in high school which would make him appear to be about 16-17 years old. Whatever friends he had wouldn't know he was that much older than he is unless he told them. He was held back at least once, possibly multiple times. He does not look like an adult. He looks like a kid.
 
Innuendoes
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby Roger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Roger wrote:How is it that in America, people are more afraid of Muslims and women than they are of men with legally bought, legally concealed, semi-automatic weapons?


This guy, probably a legal adult, didn't look like an adult and had been enrolled in high school which would make him appear to be about 16-17 years old. Whatever friends he had wouldn't know he was that much older than he is unless he told them. He was held back at least once, possibly multiple times. He does not look like an adult. He looks like a kid.


Okay. So kids are running around with guns, yet it’s women you and your son are scared of?
 
Roger
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: TheAnd New News Thread.

Postby JLP » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:And I will pretty well believe, that kid didn't buy that gun, unless he did it over the internet. He was an orphan whose mother had just died in November. He was living with a friend and the friend's parents.


According to the BBC, he bought the rifle legally.


I don't think a 19 year old can legally buy a gun. If they can in any state, that should be changed at once.


Exactly. It is stupid and crazy.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:54 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Oh, I agree one hundred per cent: men are far more violent on the whole (which is why I have always preferred the company of women).

But, here we are talking about a particular group of extremist women who go out of their way to attack the opposite sex (and wish them death) as opposed to men and women in general. I don't know if there is a particular group of men who wish death on the female race - I've never heard of them anyway.



Muslim men whose wives and daughters do not conform to their religion? And that is not a dig at you or anyone else. We all know about honour killings.

I say that extremists on all sides are wrong and they probably do more harm to the cause moderate people advocate.


Fair enough.

And I totally agree: extremists in any direction are harmful, right or left. It is just a shame that they always seem to have the loudest of voices, drowning out the average man and woman in the street.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4308
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 462 times

Re: The New News Thread.

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:56 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Erm, because I want to. And because whenever I have seen one of their kind they always look hairy and very male - basically the opposite of feminine. Do I think they are all hairy? No. But those who I have been unfortunate enough to notice are invariably hairy, uncouth types. Just an observation and nothing more.



The videos that Inny has posted seem to show women that are far from hairy.


As I said, I do not think they are all hairy. I can only go from my own experiences (as we all can). Anyway, enough talk of hairy women! :P
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4308
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 462 times

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests