March For Our Lives — Never Again!

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

March For Our Lives — Never Again!

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 pm

Hopefully this worldwide event today will be history in the making!

These young students are so inspired to make a difference and make a change in the gun laws that allow weapons of war to be on our streets. Many of them are or will soon be of voting age and they are determined that their friends in Parkland, Florida should not have died in vain.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Re: March For Our Lives — Never Again!

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:16 pm

IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:16 pm

IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Roger » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:48 pm

Millions of people - mostly Americans - all protesting today against gun violence.

Kind of makes the frequent replies we see here that go along the lines of "You don't even live here so..." seem a little bit meaningless.

Amongst non-Americans getting involved, here's a lad from my home town, talking about how one of his best friends, also from my home town, was murdered in New York:

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/24/us/pa ... index.html

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Broooklyn » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Ironically enough, I can almost assure that a very large percentage of the male and of course some female students then go home after the march and load up their favorite online first person shooter game, and relax after a hard days protesting gun violence to let off some steam!

Now, to immediately eliminate those that will turn what I said into a debate about video games, just know that I am not even remotely addressing any type of correlation between the two. I just simply find it amusingly ironic, that's all; since online first person shooter games are currently at their peak in popularity and oversaturation within the gaming market.
Image---Image

Broooklyn
Spread Your Wings

Hindsight 9/11 Superman/Hero

Postby Roger » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Broooklyn wrote:Ironically enough, I can almost assure that a very large percentage of the male and of course some female students then go home after the march and load up their favorite online first person shooter game, and relax after a hard days protesting gun violence to let off some steam!

Now, to immediately eliminate those that will turn what I said into a debate about video games, just know that I am not even remotely addressing any type of correlation between the two. I just simply find it amusingly ironic, that's all; since online first person shooter games are currently at their peak in popularity and oversaturation within the gaming market.

I'm sure there's some overlap, but I wonder how much of an overlap there actually is?

Personally I've never been into gun-based computer games - I had one of the James Bond games (not GoldenEye, which is the one everyone seemed to love), but I think that's the only 'shoot em up' I ever regularly played. I had a few of the Lord of the Rings games though, but the closest that comes to gun violence is when you're Legolas and get a bow and arrow, and who the fuck wants to be Legolas?

Then again, I've never really been into computer games in general. I've got a PS3 which I use almost exclusively for Netflix and blu-rays - I don't think I even have a controller for it.

So basically I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Roger » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:26 pm

Monkey Island - now THAT was a great computer game series.

Roger
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Emma Gonzalez was spellbinding today when she brought thousands of people to silence for the 6 minutes and 20 seconds in honor of the 17 people who were killed in that short amount of time by a military weapon on Valentine’s Day.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 pm

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:32 pm

CNB wrote:Emma Gonzalez was spellbinding today when she brought thousands of people to silence for the 6 minutes and 20 seconds in honor of the 17 people who were killed in that short amount of time by a military weapon on Valentine’s Day.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ab69 ... 4a7a32/amp
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 pm

Innuendoes wrote:https://breaking.americanewscentral.com/2018/03/24/democrats-reveal-real-reason-march-lives-bad/

They were openly trying to register these future voters. They were promoting it in their speeches from the stage and no one was being devious! They want to stop the NRA at the ballot box starting this November at the mid-term election.

The shooter killed 17 and wounded 15 in 6 minutes and 20 seconds with an AR-15 assault rifle!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:05 pm

CNB wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:https://breaking.americanewscentral.com/2018/03/24/democrats-reveal-real-reason-march-lives-bad/

They were openly trying to register these future voters. They were promoting it in their speeches from the stage and no one was being devious! They want to stop the NRA at the ballot box starting this November at the mid-term election.

The shooter killed 17 and wounded 15 in 6 minutes and 20 seconds with an AR-15 assault rifle!

No he didn't. An AR is not an assault rifle. It fires like any other rifle, one shot at a time. One bullet per pull on the trigger. AR stands for Armalite Rifle, not Assault Rifle. When are people going to stop mislabeling these types of guns?

And FYI, any criminal will get their guns ILLEGALLY, not legally. So you want to take away guns from every single person in this country, EXCEPT the criminals who have STOLEN guns that can't be traced and aren't regulated.

Once this starts happening, all hell will break loose. These people want to tear up our constitution which clearly states the gun ownership is for personal use but also to defend themselves against the enemy, whether it be some individual inside this country or even our government should they try to overthrow our country. That is what they are trying very hard to do - overthrow our country, throw it under the bus and become a NWO. We don't want NWO, ever. And neither will you if it happens or if you would actually read what happens when the government takes away ALL OF YOUR RIGHTS TO EVERYTHING.

Civil war WILL break out, all over this country, if you try to take them.

Innuendoes

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:41 pm

I don’t want the autocratic Putin puppet who is in the process of overthrowing our government with lies and deception!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:52 pm

CNB wrote:

It wasn't really him. It was Hilary and Barak. :shock:
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:16 am

Is this some kind of a secret website? I was not able to find it without your link.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Next

Return to Views Of The World