'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:44 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6594789/trevor-phillips-multicultural-britain-windrush/

Seems even good old Trevor Phillips agrees with me about how tolerant this country is. A sensible man with an honest approach.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby Elessar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Elessar wrote:Image

I know, like other papers in this country The Sun has often lied.

Although what on earth that obvious fact has to do with this thread I have no idea. Unless of course you doubt that Trevor Phillips has made such a statement.

It is just so good to see the truth finally emerging from people who have good enough knowledge on such things - and personal experience too. The truth will always out.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Well, Trevor Phillips (who I’d never heard of) may think the UK is tolerant, but having chosen to speak to the S*n, he has ensured that one of the largest cities in the country will never tolerate him again.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:13 pm

Ah. It all makes sense now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 06596.html

Enjoy your tolerant UK but you’re not welcome in Liverpool mate.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:41 am

Where I work, we get a lot of East Europeans in playing the gaming machines. I suggest Mr Phillips comes in to hear comments like "why the duck are they allowed in here", "why don't they tuck off back home" and "where the duck do they get their money from". He might just realise how intolerant some people are.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Elessar » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:22 am

The S*n aside, it probably is true that the UK is a relatively tolerant country. However, that’s comparing the bad with the worst. There are very few truly tolerant countries out there - pretty much all of them have problems with intolerance and discrimination.

And Trevor Phillips, being a second generation immigrant from the West Indies, is part of a well-established immigrant population, and as we know, the worst of discrimination and abuse is directed towards the most recent crop of immigrants. It’s currently Romanians and various Muslims, before them it was Poles, before them Somalians, before them Indians/Pakistanis, before them Afro-Caribbeans, and before them Irish.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby bigV » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:49 am

Intolerance led to Brexit. That, and gullibility.

But who am I to say what Britain is like. I've never even visited. And I probably never will.

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Elessar wrote:Well, Trevor Phillips (who I’d never heard of) may think the UK is tolerant, but having chosen to speak to the S*n, he has ensured that one of the largest cities in the country will never tolerate him again.

Christ, I thought everyone had heard of Trevor Phillips. He used to be the head of the Commission for Racial Equality and so I found his positive comments quite refreshing.

As for The Sun? I am not so sure that this was the only media outlet he spoke to. And you can file said Sun alongside the Daily Mail, The Daily Express and The Daily Star (to name just a few). Personally, I hated what it did to Freddie...although that did not stop Brian and Roger using it for their own purposes over the years (even after Roger had penned Dear Mr Murdoch). Oh well.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to focus on something good for once; but I know what you lot are like and should have guessed you would see the worst side of things. God, you really are depressing.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Elessar wrote:Ah. It all makes sense now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 06596.html

Enjoy your tolerant UK but you’re not welcome in Liverpool mate.

I am sure he will survive.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:46 pm

JLP wrote:Where I work, we get a lot of East Europeans in playing the gaming machines. I suggest Mr Phillips comes in to hear comments like "why the duck are they allowed in here", "why don't they tuck off back home" and "where the duck do they get their money from". He might just realise how intolerant some people are.

God, where you work sounds pretty awful. Thankfully, I do not believe most of the UK is like that and I feel your experience is one of a very tiny number.

I have never heard anyone ever say anything similar to what you stated above - and I have lived in many places in the UK. I have heard racism from the other side of the fence though quite a few times (Muslims against whites, Rastafarians against whites, etc.) - but I do not judge a whole race of people on the ignorant comments of a very miniscule minority. You and I just have different ways of looking at things.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:50 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:Where I work, we get a lot of East Europeans in playing the gaming machines. I suggest Mr Phillips comes in to hear comments like "why the duck are they allowed in here", "why don't they tuck off back home" and "where the duck do they get their money from". He might just realise how intolerant some people are.

God, where you work sounds pretty awful. Thankfully, I do not believe most of the UK is like that and I feel your experience is one of a very tiny number.

I have never heard anyone ever say anything similar to what you stated above - and I have lived in many places in the UK. I have heard racism from the other side of the fence though quite a few times (Muslims against whites, Rastafarians against whites, etc.) - but I do not judge a whole race of people on the ignorant comments of a very miniscule minority. You and I just have different ways of looking at things.

It can be. Only last night we were accused of only letting foreigners win on the machines. The wanker's next comment was, I am gonna slit all of their fucking throats.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby JLP » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:43 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:

I don't think the rest of the UK is like that. In fact the majority of my customers are not like that. But trust me, intolerance and racism does exist. It might well be a small minority, but it exists sadly.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby Elessar » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 pm

JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

I don't think the rest of the UK is like that. In fact the majority of my customers are not like that. But trust me, intolerance and racism does exist. It might well be a small minority, but it exists sadly.

It’s roughly 52%.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:16 pm

Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

It’s roughly 52%.

I don't really think every Brexit supporter is racist although it is certain that immigration played a huge part in the result.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Next

Return to Views Of The World