'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Elessar wrote:
If he recognises himself in my posts, that’s up to him. If others recognise him as well then clearly it’s obvious to everyone what he is.

And what's that? Because I am guessing you ain't man enough to say it as it is (hence why you always make sly little digs).

You are getting confused with 'others recognising' me and the fact that some people here (like Action) have seen just how many false accusations you have made against me; therefore, it is pretty obvious to those people (and myself of course) just what you are playing at.

Carry on with the sly digs and the false accusations. And I shall continue to call you out.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Elessar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:10 pm

action wrote:you set the stage and you planned for mp to reckognise himself in it.

this is further evidenced by your question to this board "where have we heard that before?"

"provoking" a reaction is a well documented tactic from internet trolls.

I guess you're having "fun" night today, Elessar? this is not your style. you're better than this. Is it because of proactive excitement that stems from a misguided belief in england's possible world cup victory? you'll lose though. by the hands (feet) of the belgian team

I agree that England will lose, but more likely to France.
Last edited by Elessar on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
If he recognises himself in my posts, that’s up to him. If others recognise him as well then clearly it’s obvious to everyone what he is.

And what's that? Because I am guessing you ain't man enough to say it as it is (hence why you always make sly little digs).

More toxic masculinity. If you recognise your transphobia in the comments I make about internationally reported transphobia, that’s up to you. It’s not my responsibility to state it. But not stating it has no correlation whatsoever with masculinity or indeed femininity.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:

More toxic masculinity...

Nah. Just a simple well-used phrase...but I can completely understand why someone as sensitive as yourself would take some offence at something so innocuous and then try and blow it up into something much more. Next.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:41 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

More toxic masculinity...

Nah. Just a simple well-used phrase...but I can completely understand why someone as sensitive as yourself would take some offence at something so innocuous and then try and blow it up into something much more. Next.

Ooh, it’s well-used so it’s acceptable? Now there’s an interesting proposal.

Of course in everyday conversation when precision of language isn’t quite so important I wouldn’t make much of a big deal about someone equating cowardice with a lack of testicles or similar, but when discussing sex, gender and prejudice I think it’s important to be a bit more careful than normal. Quite interesting as well is that you claim to champion feminism but as soon as you get a bit riled, you start calling people that you disagree with little girls, or accuse them of not being proper men, throwing around weaponised outdated gender roles.

As for calling me sensitive - this is another frequent accusation used without evidence. I’m not sensitive at all - when you throw around offensive labels and views I barely flinch. John Cleese made a very insightful statement about this the other day:

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Elessar wrote:
Ooh, it’s well-used so it’s acceptable? Now there’s an interesting proposal.

Of course in everyday conversation when precision of language isn’t quite so important I wouldn’t make much of a big deal about someone equating cowardice with a lack of testicles or similar, but when discussing sex, gender and prejudice I think it’s important to be a bit more careful than normal. Quite interesting as well is that you claim to champion feminism but as soon as you get a bit riled, you start calling people that you disagree with little girls, or accuse them of not being proper men, throwing around weaponised outdated gender roles.

As for calling me sensitive - this is another frequent accusation used without evidence. I’m not sensitive at all - when you throw around offensive labels and views I barely flinch. John Cleese made a very insightful statement about this the other day:

Unlike your accusations, mine are based on facts; you must be a sensitive soul to get so offended by everyday terms. Just look at that sentence of yours: '...throwing around weaponised outdated gender roles': you sound like a feminist with her knickers in a twist.

So, OK, you think being a man is all about bullshit machismo; that speaks volumes about your life experiences. I know that being a man has nothing to do with being macho or hard, etc. but more to do with saying it as it is and having the balls to stand by one's convictions.

As for Cleese. I think the man's a c*nt. So, no thanks.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:48 pm

So women don’t stand by their convictions? Bit of a generalisation that.

You seem to think you know ‘volumes’about my ‘life experiences’. Please, do tell. We’ve already heard strange assumptions over the years about how, depending on your mood, I’m middle-class, poorly-educated, average intelligence, never done a day’s work, a student, a leftie, a mummy’s boy, never left the country/seen the world, so I’m fascinated to hear your next deduction.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Elessar wrote:So women don’t stand by their convictions? Bit of a generalisation that.

You seem to think you know ‘volumes’about my ‘life experiences’. Please, do tell. We’ve already heard strange assumptions over the years about how, depending on your mood, I’m middle-class, poorly-educated, average intelligence, never done a day’s work, a student, a leftie, a mummy’s boy, never left the country/seen the world, so I’m fascinated to hear your next deduction.

We were talking about men and my opinion of what makes a man. But, carry on with your nonsense.

As for my assumptions? I did not assume all of the things you have listed (please quote where I did); but I definitely agree with some of them for sure.

What I know for certain is that I have never met another man who is so sensitive about everyday terms. You seem to take it upon yourself to take offence on the behalf of the entire world...but that's up to you.

I shall just continue to call you out when you make false accusations or see things that are not there. In the end maybe you will learn something. But I do suggest you go out in the real world and see what life is all about first and then come back to talk man to man.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:06 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:So women don’t stand by their convictions? Bit of a generalisation that.

We were talking about men and my opinion of what makes a man. But, carry on with your nonsense.

As for my assumptions? I did not assume all of the things you have listed (please quote where I did); but I definitely agree with some of them for sure.

What I know for certain is that I have never met another man who is so sensitive about everyday terms. You seem to take it upon yourself to take offence on the behalf of the entire world...but that's up to you.

I shall just continue to call you out when you make false accusations or see things that are not there. In the end maybe you will learn something. But I do suggest you go out in the real world and see what life is all about first and then come back to talk man to man.

Many of the posts where you go off the rails end up being deleted. All of the things I have listed are things you have accused me of. It’s cool that you say you still agree with some of them, particularly as they’re all easily, objectively refuted. I can go through them one by one if you wish.

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:23 pm

you're not a King of a fantasy kingdom, fighting against orcs, uruk-hai and Oliphaunts?
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:24 pm

action wrote:

you're not a King of a fantasy kingdom, fighting against orcs, uruk-hai and Oliphaunts?

The clue’s in my avatar ;)

Spoiler! :
phpBB [video]

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:27 am

Nigel Farage has just claimed on Radio 2 that the country is not divided on race. Seriously, the man who said that he wouldn't want to live next door to Rumanians, said that live on radio.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Elessar wrote:
Many of the posts where you go off the rails end up being deleted. All of the things I have listed are things you have accused me of. It’s cool that you say you still agree with some of them, particularly as they’re all easily, objectively refuted. I can go through them one by one if you wish.

No. Name one of my posts which has been deleted. And any example of me 'going off the rails'? I'm not the one imagining things that are not there all the time; that's your issue.

Anyways, we are going round in circles again and it is beyond boring. You just throw accusations at me and I simply defend myself...on and on and on...yawn.

I shall be getting back on topic by posting some things about our wonderfully tolerant country.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:26 pm

JLP wrote:Nigel Farage has just claimed on Radio 2 that the country is not divided on race. Seriously, the man who said that he wouldn't want to live next door to Rumanians, said that live on radio.

These lot in politics are all the bleedin' same (which is why I remain apolitical); Farage is just as bad as Corbyn and his seemingly soft stance on anti-Semitism.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:35 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:

No. Name one of my posts which has been deleted. And any example of me 'going off the rails'? I'm not the one imagining things that are not there all the time; that's your issue.

Anyways, we are going round in circles again and it is beyond boring. You just throw accusations at me and I simply defend myself...on and on and on...yawn.

I shall be getting back on topic by posting some things about our wonderfully tolerant country.

I disagree with you on a lot of things but we rarely get into the tit for tat posts that happen between you and Elessar. Maybe that is because I don't rule you as much of we sorted out things in the private conversation we had a while back.

Maybe, just maybe, that is a way to sort things.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World