Page 16 of 16

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:57 pm
by musicalprostitute
JLP wrote:
I disagree with you on a lot of things but we rarely get into the tit for tat posts that happen between you and Elessar. Maybe that is because I don't rule you as much of we sorted out things in the private conversation we had a while back.

Maybe, just maybe, that is a way to sort things.


I have no issue with disagreeing with anyone - and, as you say, you and I disagree about quite a few things (probably mostly political), but I never got the impression that you tried to paint a different picture of me...you just disagreed; but in this case I have been accused of everything from racism to misogyny and that makes it nigh on impossible to have any middle ground: he accuses me of things I know I am most certainly not and we both will not back down from our positions.

Honestly, I would much prefer to come here and debate and disagree on some things rather than get stuck in a tit-for-tat loop; but we are just such polar opposites and both vehemently opposed to each other's views that I think it is impossible to find any common ground - now that's one thing he and I can agree on.

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:01 pm
by Elessar
musicalprostitute wrote:Name one of my posts which has been deleted.


Read that post back to yourself slowly.

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:04 pm
by Elessar
musicalprostitute wrote:Anyways, we are going round in circles again and it is beyond boring. You just throw accusations at me and I simply defend myself...on and on and on...yawn.


You accuse me of all sorts with no evidence at all (being poorly educated, average intelligence, unemployed, a student, a mummy’s boy, a leftie, a snowflake). All I do is give my opinion on your posts.

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:54 pm
by musicalprostitute
Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Name one of my posts which has been deleted.


Read that post back to yourself slowly.


Fair enough.

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:56 pm
by musicalprostitute
Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Anyways, we are going round in circles again and it is beyond boring. You just throw accusations at me and I simply defend myself...on and on and on...yawn.


You accuse me of all sorts with no evidence at all (being poorly educated, average intelligence, unemployed, a student, a mummy’s boy, a leftie, a snowflake). All I do is give my opinion on your posts.


No, you make the most extreme accusations. To say otherwise is simply to tell an untruth.

But, you know what? You can have the last word here. I cannot be bothered going round in circles with you.

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:22 pm
by action
musicalprostitute wrote:
Elessar wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Anyways, we are going round in circles again and it is beyond boring. You just throw accusations at me and I simply defend myself...on and on and on...yawn.


You accuse me of all sorts with no evidence at all (being poorly educated, average intelligence, unemployed, a student, a mummy’s boy, a leftie, a snowflake). All I do is give my opinion on your posts.


No, you make the most extreme accusations. To say otherwise is simply to tell an untruth.

But, you know what? You can have the last word here. I cannot be bothered going round in circles with you.


both of you are calling each other names. It's grating to look at. (although I certainly take my share of the blame, I can in all honesty say that you two do it more than me or anyone else)

I love me an intelligent discussion with a clever putdown from time to time, but this is not such a discussion.

very few arguments are made. Many snide remarks and outright lies are being used, by both of you.

MP, my advice to you is to wait a little before you post, and edit out the personal stuff. it's too much most of the time.

Elessar, to you I advise to hold back a bit with the stealth attacks. You know what I mean. By now, it's obvious for the regular spectator what you're trying to do.

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:01 pm
by Elessar
Well, I’ll concede what you call stealth attacks, although I’d argue that if someone recognises a generic criticism as being aimed specifically at them, it’s effectively an admission of the behaviour being criticised.

As for name calling, I think if you went looking for examples you’d be surprised by how few there are. I think there was one about a year ago and Dusty descended down from Heaven to announce that I had officially lost because I’d called someone a name (the name was Tuneful Whore, which is barely even an insult, just a pair of synonyms).

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:26 pm
by Elessar
England fans sang the famous ‘No Surrender (To The IRA)” song last night:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44811549

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 pm
by JLP
Elessar wrote:England fans sang the famous ‘No Surrender (To The IRA)” song last night:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44811549



Wankers.