'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby Elessar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:10 am

action wrote:

but the majority of muslims and britains live happily together, don't they?

after all, they said that multi-culturalism is en enrichment for society.

A few points:

1) Muslims and Brits are not mutually exclusive

2) They’re kids, therefore shouldn’t have religious identities

3) This is Brexit Britain

4) All I can see in that video is one kid attacking another, who already seems to have an injury, whilst others watch and film it

5) Delete your account of you disagree

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:15 am

A quick trip down the rabbit hole on Twitter reveals that the bully in question (who has been interviewed by the police) is a fan of Tommy Robinson, Britain First and Boris Johnson. I wonder which way his family voted in 2016?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:58 am

Yeah, we are really tolerant in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46344677
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Elessar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:05 am

I think that on the whole, the UK is pretty tolerant. Even our right-wing parties are reasonably progressive on some fronts by international standards, eg legalising gay marriage. That said, gay rights always seems to be the one example of civil rights that right-wing people boast about, which is no coincidence given that plenty of gay people are also white and male. But it's true, the UK is fairly liberal.

However, there is undeniably a long way to go and has undoubtedly been a rise in hate-related crimes since Brexit. To compare the UK to other, less tolerant countries, or to boast about how tolerant we are as a response to reports of hate crimes and discrimination, is the same as putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "lalalalalala not listening".

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:11 am

Elessar wrote:I think that on the whole, the UK is pretty tolerant. Even our right-wing parties are reasonably progressive on some fronts by international standards, eg legalising gay marriage. That said, gay rights always seems to be the one example of civil rights that right-wing people boast about, which is no coincidence given that plenty of gay people are also white and male. But it's true, the UK is fairly liberal.

However, there is undeniably a long way to go and has undoubtedly been a rise in hate-related crimes since Brexit. To compare the UK to other, less tolerant countries, or to boast about how tolerant we are as a response to reports of hate crimes and discrimination, is the same as putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "lalalalalala not listening".

What shocked me about the report was the continuing rise in homophobia. It is still the case that no top flight footballer has ever come out as being gay despite the probability of there being a fair few who are gay. As a football fan of around 50 years,

I have heard the monkey change etc so was not really surprised it still goes on.

There was a series that started on ITV4 last night about football and discrimination. Big Anderson told a story about when he played for Brian Clough. He was told to warm up but when he went onto the pitch, he was pelted with fruit. He returned to the dressing room to be told by Slough to get back out, warm up and bring me back a couple of years and a banana. He went on to say that Slough told him he had to stand up to those being abusive or he would have no career and that, in that case, they would win.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby action » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Elessar wrote:
action wrote:

but the majority of muslims and britains live happily together, don't they?

after all, they said that multi-culturalism is en enrichment for society.

A few points:

4) All I can see in that video is one kid attacking another, who already seems to have an injury, whilst others watch and film it

1)

I suggest you read the quran

2)

they shouldn't, but they do anyway

3)

britain is not the only country that has a problem. see the netherlands, sweden, france, germany, belgium and others which all show a growing issue with a refusal to integrate in our society

4)

this, I agree

5)

I see no reason why having opposing views than yourself, should be reason to delete my account. incidently, the "deletion" of opposing views is very much a characteristic of the extreme left.
Why stand on a silent platform?

action
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:32 pm

action wrote:
Elessar wrote:
A few points:

1)

I suggest you read the quran

No mention anywhere of Brits not being allowed to be Muslims or vice versa. In fact the UK didn’t even exist when the Koran was written.

2)

they shouldn't, but they do anyway

Only if you insist on assigning them with one.

3)

britain is not the only country that has a problem. see the netherlands, sweden, france, germany, belgium and others which all show a growing issue with a refusal to integrate in our society

The kid has had his arm broken and then gets headbutted, strangled and waterboarded without provocation. Who’s refusing to integrate, the Syrian kid of the white kid?

4)

this, I agree

5)

I see no reason why having opposing views than yourself, should be reason to delete my account. incidently, the "deletion" of opposing views is very much a characteristic of the extreme left.

You can’t think of any examples of the extreme right ‘deleting’ opposing views, eg the opposing view that Jewish people shouldn’t be gassed?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:49 pm

I don't use Twitter so cannot see the video. Am I right to think it includes footage of one kid being beaten by another?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby fairydandy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:17 pm

JLP wrote:I don't use Twitter so cannot see the video. Am I right to think it includes footage of one kid being beaten by another?

It's a sad case and I feel for the boy. I feel for all kids who are being bullied at school. The bullies are ignorant, stupid people and when it's racially motivated it's even more ignorant.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:37 pm

fairydandy wrote:
JLP wrote:I don't use Twitter so cannot see the video. Am I right to think it includes footage of one kid being beaten by another?

It's a sad case and I feel for the boy. I feel for all kids who are being bullied at school. The bullies are ignorant, stupid people and when it's racially motivated it's even more ignorant.

I know exactly what you mean and I speak from personal experience.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby icy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:08 pm

fairydandy wrote:

That poor boy. Absolutely awful.
I can't imagine if there was any social media when I was at school, especially my junior high and high school years. It was hard enough.
Damn bullies. I hate them truly :mad: .
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby icy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:10 pm

JLP wrote:
fairydandy wrote:

I know exactly what you mean and I speak from personal experience.

I hope you don't mind my saying so, but I'm so sorry for whatever happened. :(
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby julymorning » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:28 pm

I don't think there are very many countries anywhere that aren't having their share of hate/severally anti-social behavior to some extent. You almost have to find the small pockets here and there that are tolerable, generally out of the urban areas. The best people gravitate to where the most opportunities for a good life exist.

What comprises "a good life" is a personal thing, and it isn't always financial.

Slightly off topic but related to "The Best Place To Live" - Last night I was watching the HGTV program "House Hunters International". A young couple just over from the U.S. were flat searching in London, The first place was a flat, rather nice I thought, at the top of the couple's budget of $2,400 U.S. a month.

The salesman let them into the master bedroom, which seemed to be at least 3 floors up. He opened the double doors to the Juliet balcony and point over to a brick building whose garden was touching the flats', and said "There's Freddie Mercury's house"! :shock: :onfire: Sure enough I got just enough of a look of that familiar garden to tear up.

The man in the couple replied if they took the flat then THEY would be Champions, and he sung a couple lines, lol.

In the end they didn't take it, and of course I thought they were crazy. I probably would have driven Mary crazy gazing out the Juliet balcony all of the time, enjoying ghosts in my imagination.

Seems not a bad price for a nicely kept Kensington location.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Elessar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:42 pm

Turns out the boy’s sister was also bullied. She had her headscarf pulled off and tried to kill herself.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/w ... d-13658472

Forced to wear them, are they?

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby bigV » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:53 am

Elessar wrote:Turns out the boy’s sister was also bullied. She had her headscarf pulled off and tried to kill herself.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/w ... d-13658472

Forced to wear them, are they?

They're not forced. They're brainwashed into it.

But nothing excuses that behaviour. Bullies are cowards and must not be tolerated ever. And that has nothing to with religion or anything else.

Signed: Someone who was bullied

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

PreviousNext

Return to Views Of The World