'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby Elessar » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:47 am

bigV wrote:
Elessar wrote:Turns out the boy’s sister was also bullied. She had her headscarf pulled off and tried to kill herself.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/w ... d-13658472

Forced to wear them, are they?


They're not forced. They're brainwashed into it.

But nothing excuses that behaviour. Bullies are cowards and must not be tolerated ever. And that has nothing to with religion or anything else.

Signed: Someone who was bullied


They’re no more brainwashed that hipsters are brainwashed into wearing beanie hats indoors. I say that as an atheist. I wear a hat at work (when appropriate) that relates to where I’m from. Identity is important to people.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby bigV » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:14 am

Elessar wrote:They’re no more brainwashed that hipsters are brainwashed into wearing beanie hats indoors. I say that as an atheist. I wear a hat at work (when appropriate) that relates to where I’m from. Identity is important to people.


Ideally, being a human being with morals and dignity should be more important than being a citizen of any country or a follower of any religion.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2627
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby Elessar » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:41 am

bigV wrote:
Elessar wrote:They’re no more brainwashed that hipsters are brainwashed into wearing beanie hats indoors. I say that as an atheist. I wear a hat at work (when appropriate) that relates to where I’m from. Identity is important to people.


Ideally, being a human being with morals and dignity should be more important than being a citizen of any country or a follower of any religion.

V.


I agree, but when you’re an ‘outsider’ and feel as such, it’s important to be able to hold onto your cultural identity.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby bigV » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Elessar wrote:I agree, but when you’re an ‘outsider’ and feel as such, it’s important to be able to hold onto your cultural identity.


And I'm saying exactly the opposite: Cultural identity is not an identity at all; it is a made up construct. It's just one more way of making kids different from each other.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2627
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby JLP » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:40 am

Elessar wrote:Turns out the boy’s sister was also bullied. She had her headscarf pulled off and tried to kill herself.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/w ... d-13658472

Forced to wear them, are they?



Apparently the boy had his wrist broken last year in a separate incident. And that well known ultra tolerant twat Tommy Robinson is getting involved focussing on attacks by Muslim kids.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... GLMKjOuITk


Of course any such attacks should be investigated in the same way as the Huddersfield case.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby action » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:57 pm

bullying is always wrong, but to use a single video to suit an extreme left agenda, I think that's a bit misplaced and intellectually unfair.

I was bullied in the same way, for the record. I find using this video in inappropriate ways, a slap in the face of me and other victims of bullying
Why stand on a silent platform?
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3012
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby JLP » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:50 pm

action wrote:bullying is always wrong, but to use a single video to suit an extreme left agenda, I think that's a bit misplaced and intellectually unfair.

I was bullied in the same way, for the record. I find using this video in inappropriate ways, a slap in the face of me and other victims of bullying



How can fhe video be left wing? The piece of shit beating up the kid is a fan of Tommy Robinson who is far rivht wing.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby action » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm

JLP wrote:
action wrote:bullying is always wrong, but to use a single video to suit an extreme left agenda, I think that's a bit misplaced and intellectually unfair.

I was bullied in the same way, for the record. I find using this video in inappropriate ways, a slap in the face of me and other victims of bullying



How can fhe video be left wing? The piece of shit beating up the kid is a fan of Tommy Robinson who is far rivht wing.


so what if he is a fan of a far right wing?

does that make the facts worse? does it mean, the facts wouldn't be as bad if he was "not" a fan of the far right? my bullies weren't far right, so I guess you're telling me it's not as bad. slap in the face.

you're making the same mistake as the "racists", who use violence committed by muslims to blame all muslims for terrorism
Why stand on a silent platform?
 
action
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3012
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 233 times

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby Elessar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:09 pm

action wrote:
JLP wrote:
action wrote:bullying is always wrong, but to use a single video to suit an extreme left agenda, I think that's a bit misplaced and intellectually unfair.

I was bullied in the same way, for the record. I find using this video in inappropriate ways, a slap in the face of me and other victims of bullying



How can fhe video be left wing? The piece of shit beating up the kid is a fan of Tommy Robinson who is far rivht wing.


so what if he is a fan of a far right wing?

does that make the facts worse? does it mean, the facts wouldn't be as bad if he was "not" a fan of the far right? my bullies weren't far right, so I guess you're telling me it's not as bad. slap in the face.

you're making the same mistake as the "racists", who use violence committed by muslims to blame all muslims for terrorism


I appreciate what you’re saying - all bullying is wrong so why is racially-motivated bullying specifically bad? The difference is that bullying, awful as it is, might be something that bullies ‘grow out of’, whereas racism is something that is likely to persist throughout adulthood.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby Elessar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:11 pm

bigV wrote:
Elessar wrote:I agree, but when you’re an ‘outsider’ and feel as such, it’s important to be able to hold onto your cultural identity.


And I'm saying exactly the opposite: Cultural identity is not an identity at all; it is a made up construct. It's just one more way of making kids different from each other.

V.


It’s made up, but it’s made up by humans who have genetically determined psychological reasons for doing so. Even the chaps on that small island, more-or-less untouched by civilisation, who killed an outsider, appear to have some sort of cultural identity, as they have seem to have leaves around their heads.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby bigV » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Elessar wrote:It’s made up, but it’s made up by humans who have genetically determined psychological reasons for doing so. Even the chaps on that small island, more-or-less untouched by civilisation, who killed an outsider, appear to have some sort of cultural identity, as they have seem to have leaves around their heads.


You're making my point for me. That's the way humans lived 10 millennia ago. This is the 21st century. Surely we must be more evolved and enlightened than to care about inane things like religions or national borders.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2627
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby Elessar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:09 am

bigV wrote:
Elessar wrote:It’s made up, but it’s made up by humans who have genetically determined psychological reasons for doing so. Even the chaps on that small island, more-or-less untouched by civilisation, who killed an outsider, appear to have some sort of cultural identity, as they have seem to have leaves around their heads.


You're making my point for me. That's the way humans lived 10 millennia ago. This is the 21st century. Surely we must be more evolved and enlightened than to care about inane things like religions or national borders.

V.


In an ideal world, yes. But we shouldn’t be bullying a child for wearing a headscarf, and I don’t think it’s simple enough to say they’ve been brainwashed either.
 
Elessar
 
User avatar

 
 

Re: 'Britain The Best Place To Live...'

Postby JLP » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:38 am

Elessar wrote:
bigV wrote:
Elessar wrote:It’s made up, but it’s made up by humans who have genetically determined psychological reasons for doing so. Even the chaps on that small island, more-or-less untouched by civilisation, who killed an outsider, appear to have some sort of cultural identity, as they have seem to have leaves around their heads.


You're making my point for me. That's the way humans lived 10 millennia ago. This is the 21st century. Surely we must be more evolved and enlightened than to care about inane things like religions or national borders.

V.


In an ideal world, yes. But we shouldn’t be bullying a child for wearing a headscarf, and I don’t think it’s simple enough to say they’ve been brainwashed either.


Completely agree but that is, in a way, what social media is doing. People might not be brain washed, but they swallow the bollocks the likes of Farage and Robinson spew.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 11488
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Previous

Return to Views Of The World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron