Philosophical Conversation!

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related).

Philosophical Conversation!

Postby RynaBelle9*7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:28 am

I wanted to begin a fun little thread about philosophy. I think it is interesting learning about others' perspectives around the world. I enjoy such conversation. I am really not one for small talk if any of you can tell by reading any other post I have authored in here so here goes!

This can be anything that is on your mind lately. World news, Politics (although I rather hate politics but I am willing to discuss some of it at times, just depends), futuristic sci-fi that could become reality one day, who the messiah was, and so on... It should be deep though otherwise it isn't worth discussing in here. This is all encompassing and anything can be discussed (keeping in mind the rules, of course).

As a conversation starter: What do you think about the possibilities of tera-formation and then later inhabiting another planet? How long do you think it will take to tera-form, say, Mars, for instance? Is it on the horizon? Would Mars be a good choice? If not, then which planet should we consider for this venture? Could we have AI take it over? Do you think we will see it in our lifetimes? Is it inevitable? Do you think that eventually we will have to inhabit another planet in order to keep the human race going?
"I love you for your silence, I love you for your peace, the still and calm releases, that sweep into my soul, that slowly take control." ~Precious Freddie Mercury

RynaBelle9*7
Spread Your Wings

Freddie Mercury, you are my muse! Infinitely

Re: Philosophical Conversation!

Postby Elessar » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:49 am

action and I are tackling free will, determinism, consciousness and reality over here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7225&start=120

A bit of light Monday morning philosophy...

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Return to Views Of The World