New Members introduce yourself here.

Introduce yourself here. Post birthdays and photos.

Re: New Members introduce yourself here.

Postby icy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Welcome to the board, great to read your posts! :)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby merceauroix » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi, my name is Matias and I'm from Argentina. I came here to disagree with everyone and talk about Queen's music, perhaps we can discuss a lot of interesting topics. I'm a musician and Queen is the only reason I wanted to become one in the first place, back when I was just a little boy. I also love pizza.
It seems like a cool message board.
Cheers, everyone.

merceauroix
Spread Your Wings

Postby funkyrake » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Realized I never did this. I am late in my intro! So, I am from California, love all that is funky, and consider
Another One Bites The Dust as the vey best funky song and Queen the best band in the whirrled!

funkyrake

Postby The Prophet » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:36 pm

This may come a little bit too late cause my joining has been over a year ago, but I recently started posting, and since this is a message board on which everyone seems to know eachother I thought I'd be good to do a little introduction.

My name's Sean and I live in Holland. I'm 17, quite younger than the average age here, but nevertheless I hope that won't stop you from taking my opinions/post serious, because I often spend a lot of time on them. (especially the opinion-giving posts)

The Queen-fever probably started when I was 14. I wasn't really interested in music back then and I only listened to the radio. However, there were some songs I liked very much. After some research, I found a mysterious band called Queen (never heard of them before, I'm ashamed of that now), which wrote a whole lot of radio songs I liked. I started downloading some other hits and I immediately liked all of them. Some time after that (probably a year) I spoke a friend of mine on Skype. I told him I was a 'Queen fan' and explained the songs I liked. He basically made fun of me and claimed I didn't know the 'real Queen'. He send me some pre-A Night At The Opera stuff and I went crazy. It was the best music I've ever heard, I liked them far more than the hit singles. At that time it exploded and it still does, really. I've scoured YouTube to find that one particular song I never heard before, and bought all of their records. (it's really true what they say - vinyl sounds better!)

In a way, I'm still discovering Queen. Sometimes I come across this one song I always skipped at the album, and suddenly fall in love with it. I'm also still discovering live material, I can't get enough of it! Since December I started playing the piano, guess who was my inspiration for that choice?

Anyway, to get back to the past. In that one year I didn't post yet I've learned a lot from you guys! Thanks for that :)
You really know the band from inside out, and I'm sure there's a lot left to discover for me. Long live Queen!

The Prophet
Spread Your Wings

Postby TommasoCampanella » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Hello guys, I'm Tommaso, I'm Italian and I'm 19 years old, Queen fan for about four years (first album bought NOTW)
I hope to stay well here :-D

TommasoCampanella
Spread Your Wings

Postby OMG » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi, im a new member from Monteraux, a ballet dancer guy, my best friend is JLP. :lol:
Only you should read my post who knowme and love me well, since you sail in nothingness, and, like a prophet, can foretell the future, for silence in your dreams has taken on a human form and in your heart at times appear the tiger and the gntle deer.

OMG
Spread Your Wings

Postby ilovebrianmay » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi, I'm Hannah 14 from Surrey, UK. I've been a Queen fan all my life! Lovely to be here

ilovebrianmay
Spread Your Wings

Too much Love will Kill you

Postby Fizzle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:41 am

Welcome to QOL! :mrgreen:

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Wannabee pseudo Tolkien-esque

Postby missmonster » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:43 pm

A big "Hi" from Germany!

I was thinking such a long time if I should signing up in a Queen Forum. But I think it was good Decision. Couldn´t believe that there are still so many Queenies out there.

Just a few words about me. Female, from Germany, 29 years young and Queen Fan since I begun to talk ;) Love travelling, Music, Tattoos, Animals.

And forgive me my English, it´s a little rusty....

Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on.

missmonster
Spread Your Wings

Postby Fizzle » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:13 am

Your English is good. :) Welcome to the board!

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Wannabee pseudo Tolkien-esque

Postby missmonster » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Fizzle wrote:Your English is good. :) Welcome to the board!

Thanks Fizzle :)

Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on.

missmonster
Spread Your Wings

Postby Coops » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 am

Hello, newbie scum here. Hard to say how long Ive been a fan, my Dad played Queen in the early seventies, then my older brother did too. I bought A Kind Of Magic when it came out (on cassette, remember them?) so I guess thats when I officially started and Ive been keeping the faith ever since.

I should probably point out, for transparency purposes, that other artists I like include New Order, Joy Division, Keane, Metallica (before they went shit), Maiden, The Waterboys bits and bobs of early 90s indie-dance and three bands linked to Stourbridge (either you'll know or you won't).

And a tonne of others.

Coops
Spread Your Wings

Postby bowmarteacon » Fri May 30, 2014 7:00 pm

My name is Wysha, and I am 20. I used to watch Stars In Their Eyes, which introduced me to a few of my idols (Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond, and Freddie, aswell as David), and have been a Queen fan since 1999/2000. Have been playing musical instruments since 2005/6, and on my mp4s (I have 4, but only 3 of them work), I have a selection of music, as I have Queen (my mum saw them in 1975 at the Empire in Liverpool), Queen + Paul Rodgers, the Del McCoury Band/Travelin' McCourys (who are one band and are the Del McCoury Band when Del is on guitar, and the Travelin' McCourys when someone else is on guitar), and a guy called Nathan Carter, plus many others.

bowmarteacon
Spread Your Wings

Postby buskersude » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Hello all. I'm Paul, been a member couple of times in the past, back in 2002 and again around 2008.
Been a Queen nut since bout '84, able to start buying around '88, joined fan club (just for one year for some reason) in 1990, discovered The Cross and 30 years later I still love listening and learning.

I am now a pro busker, and I incorporate a few Queen tunes in my set, though thanks to nodules (caused in part by singing Queen songs!) I must change key for some, like FBG and OYOL. However I can still manage STL and Small in key lol.

Its not till you try singing other people's songs loud without a mic you find out how many great artists push themselves in their writing.
Freddie was the ultimate example of this, making his songs some of the hardest to sing properly.
You can be anything you want to be...

buskersude
We Will Rock You

thank you fd...

Postby AussieFanGirl » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:09 am

Well since i should have just posted it here to start with, here goes... :)

Hi, I'm Amy, or AussieMacFan as I'm known on MacGyver Online and a few other sites... But that name is old and now I'll just be AussieFanGirl. :)
I'm a 14 year old Queen fan from Australia, my idol is Michael Des Barres although I have many...
I've been listening to Queen really for a couple of years now, my dad had the Greatest Hits album, one day I actually really listened to it and Bohemian Rhapsody called me back until eventually I grew to love Queen. I now own a few more albums and the Queen Live At Wembley Stadium dvd.
Oh, and Live Aid as well, which is where I first saw them live. :)
Feel free to ask me anything, I'm very open and I can't wait to get to know you all!
Being half assed means you don't look great in jeans. - Michael Des Barres

AussieFanGirl
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Good Company